Trombe

hide new album "子 ギャル" release

hide new album "子 ギャル(Co GAL)" will be released at 2014/12/10 (2 TYPE), for which track list has been shown in his special webpage

limited edition (4,104yen) will include SHM-CD+DVD, and regular edition (3,240yen) will include SHM-CD only

So, for anyone interested on a bit of backstory: the main feature and only "new song" of this release is the titular track "子 ギャル" which hide and his band began recording around the time of the Ja,Zoo sessions but wasn't included on that album because he passed away during production, i.e. the song was never finished. Now I.N.A dug out the original tapes and remastered the song, and to complete it he added . . . vocaloid (I'm guessing a hide-sounding one?). Yyyeah.

Anyway, the other songs on the "album" are labeled as bonus tracks, lmao. Nothing else new on there, all songs we've heard (and they released) a thousand times before. The limited edition contains the original demo version of the title song too, btw.

So yeah. Meh. xD

01. 子 ギャル
Bonus Track
02. Junk Story 
03. In Motion
04. TELL ME (hide with Spread Beaver)
05. HURRY GO ROUND
06. ever free
07. ピンク スパイダー
08. ROCKET DIVE
09. GOOD BYE
10. Hi - Ho
11. Beauty & Stupid
12. MISERY
13. TELL ME
14. DICE
15. 50% & 50%
16. EYES LOVE YOU
Limited ed. Extra Track
17. 子 ギャル(demo)

Releasing the old track is a great idea, it always is, but releasing it as an album with a shitload of old tracks are almost insulting to me as a fan. It's just about getting more money.

I'm excited about hearing the new song with the vocaloid and the demo version. And to have those other songs... Probably doesn't matter unless they remastered them or something? Bottom line is I can't wait to hear the new song. 

"vocaloid" huh... good cover up, hide-sama. Come out of hiding to record a song under the guise of a custom vocaloid, seems pretty legit. Can't wait for hide to go full Tupac on us.

hide x Miku Hatsune collaboration, look forward to it.

I don't think Miku will be used, I think they're gonna try to reproduce hide's voice with the Vocaloid program. They've done the same with other singers before him.

[limited edition DVD track list]
Promotion Video 1
子ギャル(Co GAL)
Promotion Video 2
Junk Story
In Motion
TELL ME(hide with Spread Beaver)
HURRY GO ROUND
ever free
ピンク スパイダー(pink spider)
ROCKET DIVE
GOOD BYE
Hi-Ho
Beauty & Stupid
MISERY
TELL ME
DICE
EYES LOVE YOU
TV Performance(NHK-TV POP JAM)
Beauty & Stupid(1996.09.07 OA)
Hi-Ho(1997.02.08 OA)
ROCKET DIVE(1998.02.07 OA)

It's not terrible but it for sure isn't all that good imo. I think I am still of the mindset that it just shouldn't exist. I am surprised how little I noticed the vocaloid stuff though.