CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #2: What are your favorite sites to purchase Japanese CDs from?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #2  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite sites to purchase Japanese CDs from?

• Amazon.co.jp
    • HMV.co.jp
    • tower.jp
    • YesAsia.com
    • CDJapan
    • Play-Asia
    • FROMJAPAN
    • Bandcamp
    • ClosetChild
    • Brand X
    • RarezHut
    • Yahoo! Auctions
    • Other

So, there's a few people here who have selected HMV as a favourite. What's so great about it? What separates it from Amazon JP? Or CDJapan? Do they just have a better selection?

So, there's a few people here who have selected HMV as a favourite. What's so great about it? What separates it from Amazon JP? Or CDJapan? Do they just have a better selection?

when I have ordered from them they had deals at the time where depending on how the CDs are marked you get certain discounts according to how many you buy, but that was only good for larger orders. I also feel like at the time they had a larger selection, but since then cd japan has definitely surprised me with the selection they carry. Also I noticed when ordering CDs that have been out for a while through hmv were more or less likely to still be first press. Cd japan always runs out fast

The comment about "better selection" was in direct relation to CD Japan. CDJ didn't used to have as many non-visual rock artists, but they seem to have improved over the years. And like sweetholm mentioned, they have a multibuy discount for large orders. I also like the fact that they are fast and extremely reliable so I just stay with them.

I buy from CDJapan, Amazon.co.jp, YesAsia, Closet Child, Brand-x, Puresound, FromJapan, Yahoo! Auctions, Mbok and everywhere else I can find, like some obscure used shops lol.  If they have what I want at a decent price I'll buy it.  CdJapan, FromJapan and Brand-x are my favorites though, good service!

I start buy in CDJAPAN, after amazon and others, but the problem that sometimes the bands have partner with physical stores to bonus stuff (photocards) I really hate this, anyway I bought with or without. So, I like this recommendations ^^

Used to buy mostly from HMV and CDJ, but now I pretty much vastly prefer digital and so buy off Amazon or iTunes.  IF I actually get the need to buy a CD, it's usually YesAsia that's my first choice and I've also bought a few off Amazon marketplace for super reasonable after the CD has been out for awhile.

• CDJapan: They tend to always carry what I want, the payment and shipping is smooth, and the customer service is wonderful! I even use their special request service to get items from Like An Edison, etc., and yes... I know it's more expensive than FromJapan, but I just trust CDJapan a lot and know that I can rely on them. I've been a loyal customer of theirs for almost a decade.

• Brand-X: Recently have ordered a couple items from Brand-X. Their customer service is pretty good, and they're very quick on getting releases shipped out (at least from my experience). The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the packaging of my CD. They had it taped down on the bottom of the package with no bubble wrap or anything. CDJapan does a better job with that.