Original Saku

The Upcoming Video Game Discussion Topic

So I've only been casually seeing news about FFXV and I had no idea that it was not released yet lol....(coming from someone who doesn't care much about new games because said person is still playing old and unplayed games).

It seems rather ridiculous to release an anime series when the game is not even out yet though?? And those movies too?

I just found out that Suzuki Tatsuhisa voices Noctis though so that has piqued my interest a bit. And for that reason I really wish they will allow a Japanese voice option in the game, but that is highly doubtful.

The only new game I really care about is P5. :P

Actually ffxv is gonna have dual voiceovers, it's been confirmed forever and both demos have included both English and Japanese voices. Times are a changing at square apparently.

And actually releasing the anime series and movie before the game is a really smart move for square and should do the game wonders in advertising and hype building. Their marketing is doing an excellent job right now imo

I played the Platinum Demo today. I was impressed, but then, I'm pretty easy to impress. The graphics and music were great. The performance was fine, I only noticed frames dropping once. But I don't like the camera being so close, and I'm not sure what to think of the battle system.. I got my ass handed to me by the 'boss'. I found it really hard to aim the bombs as well (but I suck at aiming in general..) Also had no idea how to use warping, but anyway I expect this stuff to be better explained in the final game. 

(btw, Noctis' warp dodge thing reminded me of Ciri, lol)

I want my own Carbuncle <3

Actually ffxv is gonna have dual voiceovers, it's been confirmed forever and both demos have included both English and Japanese voices. Times are a changing at square apparently.

And actually releasing the anime series and movie before the game is a really smart move for square and should do the game wonders in advertising and hype building. Their marketing is doing an excellent job right now imo

Oh, thanks for letting me know! That's cool!!

Yeah, I kinda figured that it'd be something like that. But still, I'd just really want to play the game before any of the other extra stuff.

Yeah I can attest that you will get used to the battle system after a while. The first time I fought the boss I didn't do too hot, but after fighting him about a half dozen times or so it became pretty second nature for me.

Also just in case some people don't realize, there is actually a little plate on the ground in the back of the boss arena that you can activate after the fight that starts the fight over again. so you can fight him as many times as you want without playing the whole demo over again.

Oh, thanks for letting me know! That's cool!!

Yeah, I kinda figured that it'd be something like that. But still, I'd just really want to play the game before any of the other extra stuff.

Yeah I can relate, hopefully they won't be too spoilerish and ruin what the game has in store... I doubt that will be the case though. Probably more along the lines of a enhancer or a prepper series that will make the game more enjoyable maybe.

Yeah I can relate, hopefully they won't be too spoilerish and ruin what the game has in store... I doubt that will be the case though. Probably more along the lines of a enhancer or a prepper series that will make the game more enjoyable maybe.

Imo anime adaptations are usually crap though. I mean look at P4. It's possible that they could mess it up and reverse the hype. But it is a mini series so they may not show everything the game has in store. It could be something like a prepper as you said.

I want my own Carbuncle <3

I named mine Pizza. 

I was getting my ass kicked too. Playing it again will help you master the combat system a bit more.

Did you know there is a Lv.15 boss if you step on the further away plate at the end?

Did you accept my FR on PSN? I forgot to check.

Imo anime adaptations are usually crap though. I mean look at P4. It's possible that they could mess it up and reverse the hype. But it is a mini series so they may not show everything the game has in store. It could be something like a prepper as you said.

Hey hey man. Devil May Cry Anime series was dope doe.

I named mine Pizza. 

I was getting my ass kicked too. Playing it again will help you master the combat system a bit more.

Did you know there is a Lv.15 boss if you step on the further away plate at the end?

Did you accept my FR on PSN? I forgot to check.

I named mine Carbz. lol didn't put much thought into it.

I didn't really get the point of naming it, though. I guess it carries over if you start the demo again?

I will wait for the full game before I try to unravel the combat. I'm definitely going to forget everything I learned by the time I play it.

Didn't get any friend request notifications.. you probably spelled it wrong =p

edit: Never mind, my PS4, Vita, and phone app all failed to notify me, lol

The anime series should just elaborate on how the four main guys met (Which probably won't be done in the game itself, or not fully) while the movie runs along the game but looks at the situation from the other side. Whatever you see in the movie happens at the same time you're out travelling with Noctis. (Or that's what I took from the presentation and articles at least) I'm not even sure the movie's coming out before the game will, but I doubt the anime will spoil much we don't know yet considering it's supposed to bring hype for the upcoming game.

I'm not even sure the movie's coming out before the game will, but I doubt the anime will spoil much we don't know yet considering it's supposed to bring hype for the upcoming game.

The movie should come out before or alongside the game, since a copy of it will be included in the collector's editions.

edit:

According to Game Informer, the movie will be out via stream/download before the game.

edit 2:

It is kind of weird, I mean, they can't really show any conclusion involving Regis & Luna without spoiling the end of the game, right? I guess the story will mostly be about the movie-only character Nyx.

The anime series should just elaborate on how the four main guys met (Which probably won't be done in the game itself, or not fully) while the movie runs along the game but looks at the situation from the other side. Whatever you see in the movie happens at the same time you're out travelling with Noctis. (Or that's what I took from the presentation and articles at least) I'm not even sure the movie's coming out before the game will, but I doubt the anime will spoil much we don't know yet considering it's supposed to bring hype for the upcoming game.

That does change things a bit and makes it seem more interesting. But I still don't know if I will watch any of them before playing the game...just cause. I think I will check the demo now though, since I haven't yet.

In other FF related news.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-7-remake-will-be-multiple-full-sized/1100-6438387/

Not the best sauce, but I could always scan my copy of GameInformer lol.

This is gonna be one long fucking game.

I clicked on that thinking there would be an awesome sauce recipe......

$180 FF7 remake woooo! ($240 in Canada wooooooooooo!)

.. assuming it's 3 games. 

sigh... square why? This is even worse than I initially predicted, I knew they were getting greedy, but I never thought they would get this greedy xD

sigh... square why? This is even worse than I initially predicted, I knew they were getting greedy, but I never thought they would get this greedy xD

I'm fairly sure the game is just too insanely big when done as a remake for it to even be able to just be "a normal game." I don't think it's too weird it's coming out in multiple games unless you'd want to pay more for the it "as a whole."

Also "Whereas with Final Fantasy VII Remake, we already have a pre-existing story, so it wouldn't really make sense if that isn't encompassed in a multi-part series... So if we're just looking at each of these parts, one part should be on par with the scale of one Final Fantasy XIII game." If one part of the game is going to be as big as FFXIII was, then why is it even weird it's split?

At the same time I'm still wondering what they're going to do with Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. What if they'd add those games into the remake? It's content. It's part of the VII universe. Who knows.

Either way, I'm not saying square is doing everything right, but I won't judge or talk about being greedy till I have the thing in my hands and I can see what they made of it.

This doesn't really belong here, because the game is already out, but I'm also not playing it, so I guess I will stick it here..

I saw some gameplay footage of Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 that made me really interested in playing it. Act as the owner of a tropical paradise island and "raise" these girls by playing dumb mini-games with them, and oh yeah there's like beach volleyball or something.

But I have one big problem. I HATE GIGANTIC JIGGLY BOOBS. Do any of you males (or lesbian females) really find them attractive?  The only character that looks acceptable to me is Marie Rose because she has normal boobs (..except that her face & height make her look really young). Every other character has super oversized squishy melons.

Edited by peffy

4 minutes ago, peffy said:

But I have one big problem. I HATE GIGANTIC JIGGLY BOOBS. Do any of you males (or lesbian females) really find them attractive?  The only character that looks acceptable to me is Marie Rose because she has normal boobs (..except that her face & height make her look really young). Every other character has super oversized squishy melons.

Pics of said boobage?

yeah we need pics or it didn't happen xD no seriously though.. it just depends on the boobs, I have indeed seen some crazy ass boob physics in games and anime that have just turned me off, so it wouldn't be a stretch. Iall comes down to how well it's animated.

I didn't want to post a pic because I was at work and it's veering into NSFW territory.

But here are the front covers of the game's 2 versions.

9ctLAqa.jpg

Google the game's name, you will get a lot of big boob screenshots.

In the past I had some interest in trying a Senran Kagura game, until I saw how big the boobs were. And to use another recent example, Nights of Azure seemed interesting until I saw the boobage.

Edited by peffy

53 minutes ago, peffy said:

9ctLAqa.jpg

mmmmm.....yeeeaahhhhh........mmmmmm......mmmmmmm. ahhhhhh.

Well all these women meet my specifications for the golden ratio (boobs to ass to waist). I will admit, 1 or 2 may exaggerate a littttleeeeee, but it looks plausible still.

That blonde in the pic (is that the one you mentioned?) gives off too much of a lolita feel for me (maybe I look at too much 18+) with her outfits. I guess the extra size gives off a bit more maturity (physically of course (these girls might be dumb as a rock)).

Edit: Just saw they offer a succubus outfit for her.

**I'm dead**

P.S.

SKagura animation is so cheap lol. Boobies look/move like tennis balls hahaha.

4 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

That blonde in the pic (is that the one you mentioned?) gives off too much of a lolita feel for me (maybe I look at too much 18+) with her outfits. I guess the extra size gives off a bit more maturity (physically of course (these girls might be dumb as a rock)).

Yeah the blonde is the "normal boob" girl I mentioned. I think her default outfit in the main series is literally a gothic lolita dress, so yeah, she's a lolita. Also, her height is 4'10" ... 

If you're into well-animated big boobs, this may be the game for you. They developed "Soft Engine 2.0" specifically designed for wet skin, clothes falling off, and "realistic breast deformation, which will be exclusive to the PS4 version of the game."... too much boob physics for the Vita to handle, I guess.