Trombe

AWAKE(f.k.a. Awake) will be major debut

it is announced at Awake one-man live "約束の場所(yakusoku no basho)" at Shinjuku STATION SQUARE at 2014/08/24 that they will be major debut in 2015 spring

they have changed their band name to "AWAKE" at the same date, and their members have changed their stage names as follows:

Vo.Eru. (unchanged)
Gt.沙雪(sayuki)-->YUKIO
Gt.ナオツ。(naotsu)-->NAOTO
Ba.おるな(oluna)-->八大(yahiro)
Dr.ゆーき(yuuki)-->勇輝(yuuki)

Thats surprising, they dont sell at all. Even their free open air concert had like 80 fans........I dont think they'll be around for a long time as major :/ they should stay indies 

My point exactly.

Thats surprising, they dont sell at all. Even their free open air concert had like 80 fans........I dont think they'll be around for a long time as major :/ they should stay indies 

Maybe that's why they're going major? So they have more resources to build their fanbase? Idk, it's not like staying indies necessarily guarantees the band more fans anyway.. if anything every small mistake can destroy the band because they don't have much leeway at all. Just look at how many indies bands tend to overstretch themselves and end up calling it a day.

I'm surprised as well because the label's taking a risk (and the band too), but I'd much rather prefer to see it as an opportunity for Awake.

But usually in VK bands get major when they already sell well, as you said its a risk for the label and if they see theres no chance they can make them disband :(

Well, everyone in Japan was surprised too, just look for Awake メジャー in Twitter. There's 1249124912491x more people saying "What the fuck" than "Congratulations" D:

Smells like “fake major” where they're technically major but still have no push and no fans, and it's not a really big company, and it only lasts for a few releases...

I disagree, I think when a band become 'major' this is maybe a risk to label try promote the band or really the band is working hard to get more fans and try show more in scene. Anyway, is good attempt to try see if really the band have repercussion. I just can wish good luck to band!

Friendly reminder that their vocalist is a mildly "famous" model. Most of the bands nowadays become major not only because they sell well, but because labels see how many girls want to fuck them, so they can make money by exploring their image. Who cares for the music as long as they look good, right ?

What surprises me is that there seems to be many people that hate Eru. I've read of a rumor that he once kicked a fan in the face back when he was a guitarist in VAJRA...

Being hated don't seem to be a problem for labels, though. I mean, they say some guys from Alice Nine stole equipment from other bands in their Givuss days, Yumehito (ex-AYABIE) is a major douchebag, etc.

The sad part is that we see many bands not worthy of it becoming major while many actual good bands get no recognition at all. I dunno what's wrong with the major scene, though. I've also read of bands like GOLDEN BOMBER and Sadie refusing to become major and I dunno why. Maybe there's some bad fame associated with the major scene of nowadays. Do any of you guys have any idea about this ?

The sad part is that we see many bands not worthy of it becoming major while many actual good bands get no recognition at all. I dunno what's wrong with the major scene, though. I've also read of bands like GOLDEN BOMBER and Sadie refusing to become major and I dunno why. Maybe there's some bad fame associated with the major scene of nowadays. Do any of you guys have any idea about this ?

Woah, woah, woah....Golden Bomber aren't major?! Mind-blown...

But yeah, from what I've seen, major labels suck out the band's original concept. Like a lot of bands that first started out as visual kei are now normal rock, or sometimes pop bands, since signing into a major label. (for example, bands like Merry and Dir en Grey stopped wearing makeup; Exist Trace used to be a gothic metal band, but are now a pop rock band) Maybe these bands who wanna stay indie also want to stay visual too, and stay true to their music.

Friendly reminder that their vocalist is a mildly "famous" model. Most of the bands nowadays become major not only because they sell well, but because labels see how many girls want to fuck them, so they can make money by exploring their image. Who cares for the music as long as they look good, right ?

What surprises me is that there seems to be many people that hate Eru. I've read of a rumor that he once kicked a fan in the face back when he was a guitarist in VAJRA...

Being hated don't seem to be a problem for labels, though. I mean, they say some guys from Alice Nine stole equipment from other bands in their Givuss days, Yumehito (ex-AYABIE) is a major douchebag, etc.

Kay, lemme try to explain. Sorry for the bad english heh

Eru is more hated than usual hahaha Its not like a9 or Yumehito...These are just rumours, but Eru doesn't try to hide himself.

He always reply to Tanuki comments on his blog (maybe thats why he deleted all blog posts 2 or 3 times) and call these girls "fat underdogs" or say stuff like "make a boyfriend" "i love our anti's too, because of you we get famous" HAHAHAH THATS HILARIOUS, RIGHT? I think he's a genious, but yeah, he get a loooooooooooot of hate because of this.

Because of it, being an Awake fan is such a 'shame' for the japanese bangyas, so i dont think they gonna get too many more fans.

Also, he should stop with the 'sex' tweets, its getting annoying hahahaha

He's like "Let's make sex in Nagoya today", "I love to do sex", "I wanna make sex with my fans" blablablabla OKAY WE GOT IT ALREADY

And yep, the puching thing is true too.

Some bands have good indie labels, so being major or not wouldn't make any difference for them. 

Kiryu, for example, sell more than many major bands, have a nice distribution and production on their B.P Records Label.

We can say these bands are kinda lucky...?

Being major wouldn't change anything on this case, or if does, it would be in a band way, like more people telling to them what to do or not...

So i think w/e for them keep as indies or go major.

Well, things get a lot easier when you're major. You may get a nice distribution and recognition being indie, but that's not all. You get (or at least should get) a lot of media exposure for being major. Except for some really rare exceptions, I don't see indies bands playing on TV, festivals, making anime songs, etc. Some bands may not care for things like this, but I think every band dreams of having lots of fans and playing on huge concert venues, but most people only listen to what's in the mainstream media, so...

And the thing about Eru. replying to all the hate doesn't mean anything. Maybe he's being sarcastic or joking. This thing about inviting fans to fuck publicly isn't new. I remember Kru from 【_Vani;lla】 and the guys from Lupo Label did preetty much all posts in their blogs about this, and it seemed like they were just kidding.

Well, things get a lot easier when you're major. You may get a nice distribution and recognition being indie, but that's not all. You get (or at least should get) a lot of media exposure for being major. Except for some really rare exceptions, I don't see indies bands playing on TV, festivals, making anime songs, etc. Some bands may not care for things like this, but I think every band dreams of having lots of fans and playing on huge concert venues, but most people only listen to what's in the mainstream media, so...

And the thing about Eru. replying to all the hate doesn't mean anything. Maybe he's being sarcastic or joking. This thing about inviting fans to fuck publicly isn't new. I remember Kru from 【_Vani;lla】 and the guys from Lupo Label did preetty much all posts in their blogs about this, and it seemed like they were just kidding.

Well, DC bands are indies but are always on media/TV...How i said, they're lucky to get a nice label, even if indies.

Same to Resistar Records.

And you kinda wrong, cause that means a lot. It brings him a bad image, i dont think he's wrong, but its bad if he really wants sell  :P

And this sex thing......Lupo Label and 【_Vani;lla】were reaaally underground bands, right?

So, thats the point ;)

Woah, woah, woah....Golden Bomber aren't major?! Mind-blown...

But yeah, from what I've seen, major labels suck out the band's original concept. Like a lot of bands that first started out as visual kei are now normal rock, or sometimes pop bands, since signing into a major label. (for example, bands like Merry and Dir en Grey stopped wearing makeup; Exist Trace used to be a gothic metal band, but are now a pop rock band) Maybe these bands who wanna stay indie also want to stay visual too, and stay true to their music.

I agree totaly with you, sometime i think that the label forces the bands change your music (for example style). This case to try earn more money (many times this way)

Kay, lemme try to explain. Sorry for the bad english heh

Eru is more hated than usual hahaha Its not like a9 or Yumehito...These are just rumours, but Eru doesn't try to hide himself.

He always reply to Tanuki comments on his blog (maybe thats why he deleted all blog posts 2 or 3 times) and call these girls "fat underdogs" or say stuff like "make a boyfriend" "i love our anti's too, because of you we get famous" HAHAHAH THATS HILARIOUS, RIGHT? I think he's a genious, but yeah, he get a loooooooooooot of hate because of this.

Because of it, being an Awake fan is such a 'shame' for the japanese bangyas, so i dont think they gonna get too many more fans.

Also, he should stop with the 'sex' tweets, its getting annoying hahahaha

He's like "Let's make sex in Nagoya today", "I love to do sex", "I wanna make sex with my fans" blablablabla OKAY WE GOT IT ALREADY

And yep, the puching thing is true too.

Gawd, I knew this guy was a total dick; I could tell from just looking at the smug expression he always has on his face. Oh, and I also did hear about the kicking thing or whatever. Why does he still have fans?

Gawd, I knew this guy was a total dick; I could tell from just looking at the smug expression he always has on his face. Oh, and I also did hear about the kicking thing or whatever. Why does he still have fans?

I dont think he's a dick, his antis are. He just reply them as every artist want to do but doesnt hahahaha but its not good if he wanna be popular.

Oh, it was on his previous band, when he was a guitarrist...

Because Eru. is infinitely more interesting than overly manufactured idols or anyone in the endless pool of people who would quietly shuffle their feet and get back in line when asked to.

Honestly though, not seeing what's wrong with comments like his. This is ridiculously trivial compared to so many others things going on in vk that border on unacceptable, and because it's vk, fans tend to take stuff a little less seriously (not a bad thing) and cut them some slack. Having said that I disagree with any form of violent behavior and if the rumor about him hitting a fan is true I hope he has apologized (then again, I'm skeptical when it comes to anything from Tanuki).

I'm a fan of Awake and, no, not the least bit ashamed of it :) Also when you say someone is a dick, it would be a lot more convincing if you know exactly what he has said rather than just what others have said about him.