Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

cali≠gari 20th Caliversary "To say Good bye is to die a little"

cali≠gari will hold their current line-up last live - 20th Caliversary "2013-2014" 最終公演 第7期終了 "To say Good bye is to die a little" at Hibiya Yagai Ongakudou at 2014/09/27...I wonder whether "第7期終了(end of 7th line-up)" refers to member changes or even hiatus

The news's very vague; it says its the end of the 7th version of cali gari. But if they are really going on hiatus, they would have made a bigger deal out of it, I reckon.

I really hope they stop for a good while. I did not like their latest stuff and if there is a chance XA-VAT and Cuckoo are back I will take it.

I really hope they stop for a good while. I did not like their latest stuff and if there is a chance XA-VAT and Cuckoo are back I will take it.

That's debatable cos they saved the good stuff for their live-distributed CDs; 'トゥナイトゥナイヤヤヤ' and the various remakes were REALLY good (well, based on what I heard at their recent concerts). XA-VAT should be gone for good since goatbed's relatively active and the other members have moved on to other stuff. And lab. the basement still has concerts in the next few months and Cuckoo's drummer already has a new band.

That's debatable cos they saved the good stuff for their live-distributed CDs; 'トゥナイトゥナイヤヤヤ' and the various remakes were REALLY good (well, based on what I heard at their recent concerts). XA-VAT should be gone for good since goatbed's relatively active and the other members have moved on to other stuff. And lab. the basement still has concerts in the next few months and Cuckoo's drummer already has a new band.

All I asked was let me dream.

All I asked.

they have mentioned that 1 member will depart after their current line-up last live - 20th Caliversary "2013-2014" 最終公演 第7期終了 "To say Good bye is to die a little" at Hibiya Yagai Ongakudou at 2014/09/27, who appears to be Dr.武井誠(takei makoto), although that has not yet been confirmed

btw they will hold their exhibition "cali≠gari第7期終了展" at Shinjuku MARUI ANNEX 7F at 2014/09/26-09/28 and 2014/10/03-10/05, at which their "厄袋2014" (i.e. unlucky bag 2014) (5,000yen, including their rare goods) and other goods will be released

Having some mixed feelings about this one. I would have rather heard about a hiatus than a departure of a member.

"unlucky bag" lmao

Also curious to see who will go, it could be anybody really (except for Ao I guess xD). In typical cali-gari fashion it might be the vocalist (Shuuji getting by quite well with goatbed alone etc)? Tho they'd be fools to part ways with him. Might be Kenjirou, since iirc he was the one who wasn't all too enthusiastic about the band's music (or this is just a rumor, dunno)? tbh nobody would notice if they replaced Makoto, lel (tho I like this goofy guy).

Well, we'll see~

Kenjirou is the safest bet obviously, but we shall see.

At this point I don't think I even care anymore. I haven't liked anything since that EP from 2010, and besides after that lame album they released they have been more occupied with releasing a bazillion fanclub only dvd's rather than making music so who gives a fuck. 

Kenjirou is the safest bet obviously, but we shall see.

At this point I don't think I even care anymore. I haven't liked anything since that EP from 2010, and besides after that lame album they released they have been more occupied with releasing a bazillion fanclub only dvd's rather than making music so who gives a fuck. 

I completely agree with this. I hope Shuuji leaves instead of Kenjirou though.

I think it's more probable that Kenjirou will leave but...his gorgeous basswork will be definitely missed ;_;

To be honest, I reckon not a lot of bass players can replicate his bass work, should he leave. As for shuuji, once he leaves, so does the hordes of fangirls that support them financially. Makoto would be the only choice that does not affect the band in terms of song output & technical prowess but ya, I like his ridiculousness. Fact: he is more popular than kenjiro in Japan; kenjiro's fan with his face on it (like those seen in Johnny's Junior concerts), out of the 4 members, sold the worst.

Awww, sad to hear that Kenjirou isn't that popular with the domestic fanbase... imo he's the most technically competent musician out of them by far, heh. And yeah, he has a really cool style of playing.

Drummer Makoto Takei is leaving the band. *sigh of relief but also awwww* :-(

setlist is here~ (nice that they included Guuzenran and Kiri kiri maimu, I guess in honor of Makoto?)

01. エロトピア (Erotopia)
02. 淫靡まるでカオスな (Inbi maru de Chaos na)
03. -踏- (-Tou-)
04. 偶然嵐 (Guuzenran)
05. トゥナイ トゥナイ ヤヤヤ (Tonight Toniyayaya... or whatever, u get it xD)
06. 舌先三分サイズ (Shitasaki sappun Size)
07. 近代的コスメ唱歌 (Kindaite Cosme shouka)
08. 娑婆乱打 (Shabaranda)
09. トレーションデモンス (Trationdemons)
10. 誘蛾燈 (Yuugatou)
11. 原色エレガント (Genshoku Elegant)
12. オーバーナイト ハイキング (Overnight Hiking)
13. 君が咲く山 (Kimi ga saku yama)
14. きりきりまいむ (Kiri kiri maimu)
15. マグロ (Maguro)
16. せんちめんたる (Sentimental)
17. マネキン (Mannequin)
18. 混沌の猿 (Konton no saru)
19. グッド、バイ。(Goodbye)

EN
01. 最後の宿題 (Saigo no shukudai)
02. さよなら、スターダスト (Sayonara, Stardust)
03. クソバカゴミゲロ (Kuso baka gomi gero)
04. サイレン (Siren)

edit: They also announced their next fanclub-only gig which will be at Shinjuku LOFT on 2014/10/03 and titled "トコママン with #7.01" (Tokomaman with #7.01). I wonder if this is a kind of "last-last gig" of Makoto, or already with a new drummer?

their 7th line-up has officially ended after their live at Shinjuku LOFT at 2014/10/03

SET-LIST at 2014/10/03:

01.吐イテ棄テロ
02.JAP ザ リパー
03.まほらばぶる~ず
04.散影
05.暗中浪漫
06.ハラショー!めくるめく倒錯
07.シャ.ナ.ナ
08.デジタブルニウニウ
09.禁色
10.冷たい雨
11.スクールゾーン