Sign in to follow this  
Wicked Teletubby

BABYMETAL at Sonisphere 2014

'We’ll hopefully get to see Metallica-san’s performance again after witnessing them at Summer Sonic festival in Japan which we are very excited about.”

Such darlings. Heart them forever. Lucky Sonisphere goers.

Call me exclusive, but as much as I like Babymetal they really shouldn't be allowed to play at something like this :/

Uh... why not?

Uh... why not?

Probably because they're essentially one huge parody. Don't get me wrong, I think the music is great but at the same time they're not a 'serious' metal band so to speak.

Ugh I sound like such a metal snob but I'm really not! There are some people out there who think this kind of band shouldn't even EXIST! :o

It could be a weird to see those "babies" beetween Slayer & Iron Maiden? People reaction could be "ugh wtf is this, it supose to be a serious festival, right?"  Japanese scene misunderstood, not serious, again....

In my opinion Honorable japanese guest for festival taadaa: ONMYOUZA

Probably because they're essentially one huge parody. Don't get me wrong, I think the music is great but at the same time they're not a 'serious' metal band so to speak.

Ugh I sound like such a metal snob but I'm really not! There are some people out there who think this kind of band shouldn't even EXIST! :o

Metalcredz are probably not much a concern when you got Limp Bizkit and Bam Margera booked. 

How does this distinguish them between a band like Ghost? Both of them are driven by their image yet Ghost seems to have more "metal cred" than Babymetal. In both cases it is assumed that the band (the girls in Babymetal and to a lesser extent, the Nameless Ghouls in Ghost) doesn't write the music, instead it is others that are doing so. I honestly don't see much difference between the presentation of both bands outside of the fact that Babymetal is just a bit more ridiculous (and more ham-fisted when it comes to the presentation), and that is in consideration of a band whose frontman dresses like this:

http://aestheticmag.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/ghost-bc-thomas-hawk.jpg?w=750

The vocalist in Ghost have written the majority og their music, but for the next album the others will contribute with music as well.

Sign in to follow this