lichtlune

Have you ever successfully converted someone to Japanese music?

Newest person converted, apart from my nan who can enjoy anything I play just because she's far too nice is my mum (FINALLY, THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN EVER). She is enjoying Namie Amuro's 'Baby Don't Cry.'

I feel like I've accomplished something massive here. I mean, it is massive. It's my mum. xD

I haven't succesfully made any friends as much of a fan as myself, which is a bit sad because not that many around me are into VK, but I did make my older sister a Malice Mizer fan and my mom acctually enjoys some songs (she's really into Malice Mizer's Illuminati and Schwarz Stein's Queen of Decadence). I also introduced some bands to a friend who likes them slightly, but not to my extent.

When I was in high school, I converted all of my otaku friends to visual kei. But I feel like they were never into the scene like I was. I had one friend who really got into the GazettE & bought all their music, etc. but even then I felt like we got into different bands, and I still was more into the scene than she was. I lost contact with her over the years of being in college that I can't say if she's still into it or not.

My band mate is insistent on doing a cover of Acidman's Alma and he's happy to do Ansia's Lien, chalking that up as a conversion