Trombe

Fixer will commence formal activities & new maxi single "Dawn" release

Fixer(f.k.a. Fixer...) will change to formal band at their live at Shibuya REX at 2014/04/15, and their new maxi single "Dawn" will be released at 2014/05/14 (1,296yen), which will be sold in advance at their live at 2014/04/15

Fixer members:
Vo.Jey (ex-ReivieЯ)
Gt.優真(yuhma) (ex-VEVEL-->S☆TEЯA)
Gt.Aika (ex-Diement.)
Ba.眞(makoto) (ex-GIM(support)-->AVALON)
Dr.Korey (ex-Signal)

[track list]
01.beginning
02.Drop
03.深淵(shinen)
04.Shadow

Looking forward to the CD I was quite pleased by how they were live. I liked the guy's screaming/screeches. I'm interested to see how it sounds in the fully recorded songs :D

Looking forward to the CD I was quite pleased by how they were live. I liked the guy's screaming/screeches. I'm interested to see how it sounds in the fully recorded songs :D

Can you please give some description in how they sound overall? Metal/rock ish? Hard rock? Similar to Signal?

Can you please give some description in how they sound overall? Metal/rock ish? Hard rock? Similar to Signal?

oh man that week was insane for me with ~7 lives in 8 days (I literally ran from one live on one day to catch the last 3~4 songs and encore of another one day so it's a little more than 7) while being pretty sick... so things are kind of a blur.  And I didn't write a proper recount of what happened like i normally do for lives so i can't reference much. 

• They were heavy. More metalcore than hard rock? idfk terms lol.
  • I can't remember what the singer's singing voice is like but I was okay with his screaming, which I can be picky about, and he also did the high pitched screeches like those Yuri did (idk much of Signal's work after Korey left so I'm not sure if he kept it up after that) if you know what I mean. I lovingly call that type of screeching pterodactyl noises but maybe there's a better term for it lol.
  • I do remember having some feelings of "ah yeah this reminds me of old Signal." I have a feeling that they were a lot like old Signal, and I remember thinking that that was probably what Korey wanted to do to begin with anyway (and why he left Signal was difference in musical opinion, right?).

But like I said, I'm foggy on it. I just remember my mental note basically being "Fixer=good and want to see again sometime." 

They had like 4 fans in front row, I should have asked about going into saizen for them lol (I probably would have if I hadn't been sick). Maybe now that they're starting formal activities they'll start getting more fans....? If not, uh-oh doesn't look good on that front.

Hope that answered it a little. I still need to listen to that YouTube video (maybe it'll refresh my memory? probably not.).

oh man that week was insane for me with ~7 lives in 8 days (I literally ran from one live on one day to catch the last 3~4 songs and encore of another one day so it's a little more than 7) while being pretty sick... so things are kind of a blur.  And I didn't write a proper recount of what happened like i normally do for lives so i can't reference much. 

• They were heavy. More metalcore than hard rock? idfk terms lol.
  • I can't remember what the singer's singing voice is like but I was okay with his screaming, which I can be picky about, and he also did the high pitched screeches like those Yuri did (idk much of Signal's work after Korey left so I'm not sure if he kept it up after that) if you know what I mean. I lovingly call that type of screeching pterodactyl noises but maybe there's a better term for it lol.
  • I do remember having some feelings of "ah yeah this reminds me of old Signal." I have a feeling that they were a lot like old Signal, and I remember thinking that that was probably what Korey wanted to do to begin with anyway (and why he left Signal was difference in musical opinion, right?).

But like I said, I'm foggy on it. I just remember my mental note basically being "Fixer=good and want to see again sometime." 

They had like 4 fans in front row, I should have asked about going into saizen for them lol (I probably would have if I hadn't been sick). Maybe now that they're starting formal activities they'll start getting more fans....? If not, uh-oh doesn't look good on that front.

Hope that answered it a little. I still need to listen to that YouTube video (maybe it'll refresh my memory? probably not.).

Oh yeah, that helps a lot, thanks! It really sounds like a promising band. BTW, the newer Signal releases sounds just as good as the earlier works except for a couple of songs.

Glad I somehow could help! Hope you enjoy them. I'm looking forward to seeing how the release turns out....

actually I didn't particularly like CHAIN that much but maybe it got better after that..?

Guest mitsu the indie girl

Really cool... They sound pretty good. 

Not a big fan of the electronic sounds in metal, though...

Noticed visual kei has been doing that a lot... (>_<)