blackdoll

rate the vocals

This video makes taking this song seriously nearly impossible so I had to listen without watching to even register if I like the vocals.

Screams: 4/10 Seems really monotone, the highs were barely distinguishable. Lows a little more so, but still not enough to give the song dynamics.

Cleans: 2/10 Waaaaay too much autotune to tell if he can sing at all, tbh. And again, not enough dynamics in the autotune to give it much personality.

Over all: 3/10

This isn't a genre I'd usually listen to, but it's actually listenable for me to a certain extent.

CLEANS || 7/10 — I enjoy his somewhat sleazy, whining vocals. It doesn't seem like he's trying too hard like I find most Japanese vocalists to do when they're approaching this style. 

HARSH || 6/10 — his tone is a little off when he's singing higher, I feel like his voice becomes higher when he's singing in a 'harsh' way.

cleans 7/10 - his vocals remind me of more controlled Daisuke (Kagerou's Daisuke, yes), but other than that - nothing really amusing :/

note: this guy is

's (no, not that supergroup) vocalist/guitarist btw, and no - he doesn't have any solo releases so far (only these "self-covers" @YT)

I already love 鴉 so it's not surprising I'm in love with these vocals too. 

Clean: 8/10 only because he spends a lot of time in this song in his upper register which gets a little nasally for me. 

Harsh: 6/10 I don't think this song suited his harsher vocals like a lot of their other songs do. Here he almost sounded strained, but his harsh vocals are one of my favorite things ever normally.

Overall: 7/10

I like the way he sings the verses, but the chorus and ending feel kind of dead to me. Might just be because I really hate that rough singing style with all the drawn out "uuuu"s - it reminds me of bad rock songs I heard on the radio growing up. His English is charming, though.

I'd give it a 6.5.

http://www.mediafire.com/listen/4j6h92zejz8cc0d/04+Kodoku+to+Rendezvous.mp3

6 not bad but didn't ahh me

try it Edited by blackdoll

6.5 it would have been a 10 without that accent or w/e that thing that's going on.

bump

6.5 it would have been a 10 without that accent or w/e that thing that's going on.