website
last.fm

Vocals: SACCI
Guitar: nono
Guitar: ヒロバッキー (hiro backy)
Bass: ぬっぺ (nuppe)
Drums: カムイ (kamui)

ex-guitarist: ドンキー (donkey)

サウイフモノ (souiumono) formed as a trio in 2011 with its vocalist and bassist being former members of the band ポワトリン (poitrine).  During this time, the band donned Smurf/Tellytubby-inspired blue skin and headgear.
souiumonosmurfversion_zpse02abef1.jpg

With this lineup, they released their first single パッパパッパラッタ(pappapa palata) followed by a live-distributed single.  After the departure of guitarist Donkey in February 2012, the band filled the lineup with ex-DragonWAPPPPPPER guitarist nono, ex-フカモカ(fukamoka) guitarist hiro backy, and drummer kamui.  Since then, the band has dropped their "blue" look and worn primarily fantasy/RPG-inspired outfits.  They even released two RPG computer games to accompany their singles.  One of the things that definitely sets the band apart from their contemporaries is their sense of humor.  In March 2014, they will end the streak of singles, releasing their first full album.

Discography:
2011.03.03 パッパパッパラッタ [maxi-single]
2011.07.02 Cee-もう一人のwa.ta.shi- [live-distributed single]
2012.06.27 シスター村 [maxi-single]

2012.08.03 サンバリゾート [live-sold single]

2012.09.26 くびはねるつるぎ/毒メスシリンダー [maxi-single]

2012.12.12 まだ来ないANGEL [maxi-single]
2013.02.24 殺人鬼の棲む街 [maxi-single]
2013.10.02 V-ANIME ROCKS evolution [omnibus album; track 11, the WORLD (DEATH NOTE)]
2013.10.02 大嫌いなこの星に生まれて [maxi-single]
2013.12.04 タランチュラ [maxi-single]
2014.03.05 ラグナロク [album]

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1sDjQDHy0U

Any fans of サウイフモノ?  They're not the most consistent band in the world, but I really like a few of their releases (the 殺人鬼の棲む街 & くびはねるつるぎ / 毒メスシリンダー singles, plus NANDAKANDA are my absolute favorites.)  Not to mention, I think SACCI has awesome vocals!  I'm really looking forward to their album to see what they can really do.  Hopefully they don't disappoint!  

Favorite member? Favorite song/release?
Discuss all things サウイフモノ here!

I only listened to a bunch of their songs so far, but I'm getting a strong Psycho-le-Cemu vibe from them (and not just because they totally cloned PLC's "Ai-no-uta"-outfit in one of their PVs - the song  道のり totally could have been a PLC-song.) There isn't much "cheerful" vk I really enjoy, but I do like what I heard so far.

Also, the PV for NANDAKANDA is, without a doubt, the best vk PV in recent years. ;)

love these guys.

I have almost every cd from them in my cd collection.

About the band itself, they are making very great music, but i think all cd released was better until they join Timely Records, except for Mada Konai ANGEL まだ来ないANGEL that was still very great. But after Mada Konai ANGEL まだ来ないANGEL, they're good but not as good as they used to be.

Their worst single (not bad, just that others are better), i would say Tarantula タランチュラ, their last one. Still good, but i know they can do better, they have done better in the past. I really hope that the new cd will be great, and there is many new songs on the cd that i'm waiting for it.

Well anyway, i want Cee-もう一人のwa.ta.shi- but it is so rare... can't find it. It was easier to find Samba Resort サンバリゾート (distributed live). Except for this Live Distributed, i have all the songs, and all the PV of the band.

Edit: Oh!!! i just finally found it, yeah, after months/years of searching, i'll finally be able to complete my souiumono collection. So i hope to get a reply from my SS before someone else decide to buy it. But crap, it's over 50$ for just 1 song, but well i did worst in the past and i need this cd.

NICE, congrats on having the (almost) complete Souiumono discography :D
I hope you're able to get Cee-もう一人のwa.ta.shi- as well, even if it is really expensive...

Unfortunately, I agree that the band might have dropped a little bit in quality since joining Timely Records.  Actually, まだ来ないANGEL is my least favorite release by them.  (But, I haven't heard タランチュラ yet, so maybe that one is worse??)  I know some people appreciate the fact that it's kind of like Poitrine, but I never really liked those electronic, poppy tracks; the b-sides were good, but nothing that spectacular.  But their releases on Timely Records aren't all bad, because like I mentioned above, 殺人鬼の棲む街 is one of my two favorite singles!  I really like it when they do the occasional dark/crazy tracks like 魔物大行進 from that single and 毒メスシリンダー.  SACCI's voice is really versatile.

But I'm withholding final judgment of their Timely Records era until their album comes out.  There's like 18 tracks or something ridiculous, so I think we'll have a pretty good idea of what they're capable of after this!  I'm excited for the tracklist to come out.  I wonder how many of those 18 will be new songs.

Nandakanda was seriously my jam when it first came out.

I want more tellytubby souiumono pls :(

Just making sure you've listened to the version of NANDAKANDA on the シスター村 single.  That one is heavier and has better production, so RPG-souiumono has their moments too, haha.

Ok so this is a totally new band for me and I just watched NANDAKANDA. I just... don't... what the hell... I'm seriously shocked. I might never get past this video.

Yeah I reckoned they don't play that kind of music anymore. I listened to a few of their newer songs and they were pretty nice. I think it's pretty hilarious that they've evolved so much from something that terrible XD 

To be fair, they did start off as a joke band XD I think that peaked right around NANDAKANDA, then when they got the new members they just decided they'd be Psycho le Cemu, which is totally cool with me :3

I really like them! I loved Poitrine and Souiumono is also awesome ♡ But indeed their recent releases aren't good as the previous one.

Sacci sent me  pappapaparata as present when it was released, so nice of him!

But wait........

nono........cute.................................?

well.......well...........

Hi there, this is my first post on MH.. I stumbled upon this thread and since this is my favorite band I thought I'd join the discussion as someone who goes to lives/events semi-regularly. Sorry about the length of the post in advance! I can't sleep so I guess I ended up babbling...

I've been following Souiumono since their blueiumono days but since I started living in Japan in 2012 I only started going to lives after they transitioned into an RPG band (I started with their first oneman). I've got everything in at least one type except Cee (I'm curious Ishiki: where did you find it online?), but I do have the live distribute from their most recent oneman (怨念少女/onnen shoujo).

Also on the topic of their new album: we're only getting 5 new songs. The other 13 are from まだ来ないANGEL, 殺人鬼の棲む街, 大嫌いなこの星に生まれて, and タランチュラ. Limited edition has 5 PVs, each one directed by one member. The regular edition is the one that will have the 5 new songs. (source is their OHP)

As for my experience that I mentioned: all in all I've been to two of their oneman lives, 4.5 event lives (I got reeaaally sick in the middle of Souiumono one time and had to leave) and 4 in store events for them (6 cheki taken with them, two signed CDs). I would have gone to more, but alas I live so far away that I can only go to events on Saturdays, long weekends or during breaks. It's been so long since the last time I've seen them live and it's their first oneman tour that I can't miss it--I'll be going to the Osaka and Tokyo dates. I also plan on going to their oneman in August.

They're one of the best bands I've seen live and I've seen a lot of VK bands live... And NANDAKANDA is their best song live (if you like headbanging..and if you don't it's probably best not to go see them). If they ever stop playing it live I know a lot of people will be pretty upset. They play the music well and SACCI's vocals are great live (even when he's sick it's crazy), and their performance (as in, how they act) is great to watch. Their songs have a lot of moshing and headbanging as well as furitsuke, so it's always very energetic. 

As for the RPG games they've released you actually need a Japanese operating system to play it, so I only started playing the first game recently. As expected it's hilarious but I'm quite lazy with it so I've only gotten to the part where Nuppe's been introduced... I wouldn't say it's great but it's worth it for how funny it is. It explains why Nono's sex on the OHP is listed as "secret" too...

I'm going to agree that their music can be hit or miss and I used to wish they would go back to the blue days. I still wish I could have seen them back then, but I've grown to quite love the RPG era. Honestly, some of my favorite songs are recent ones: 残虐マニフェスト, 殺人鬼の棲む街, 魔物大行進 for example are some of my favorites after joining Timely. I also love 毒メスシリンダー and 公開自虐チャンネル the most out of their pre-timely but post blue times. That being said for the songs that I would admit are maybe misses, I still like them generally speaking. 

I'll also concede まだ来ないANGEL is probably not the best song ever but it's catchy and I love it. However, live... well, the dance may look simple but I don't know many people who are actually very good at it. But they do the dance on stage so you can copy them. The one time I heard パッパパッパラッタ live they also danced on stage so you could follow along. Actually Souiumono's furitsuke is pretty whacky at times--I know people who are too afraid to go up front because of the furitsuke even though they like Souiumono. I'm not that great at the furitsuke but that doesn't stop me from going up front though... I've even been in saizen (front row) for them a couple times. Even so, like I said, they are great live and really fun. Their MCs are hilarious as well, but if you don't understand Japanese it would unfortunately go over your head...

As for my thoughts on the members, well it's a long post anyway I'll add that later if someone wants to see.

@ricchubunny

aahah I see my reputation precedes me. 

The funny thing is how much I love nono now. Poor nono, I'm sorry about the old days..
Let's just say it took a looong time to warm up to him.

The thing is nono's stage personality seems rather forced, unnatural and like he's trying too hard to keep up with the fans. I know some girls who agree with me (foreign fans, I've never explained it to Japanese fans). Honestly, I still don't really like his stage persona. But like I said, I love him now after having met him and he is the one I talk to the most..

I've always loved nono fans though. They're really nice and even have a reputation for it. And when I made jokes like "nono is no! no!" they always just think it's funny and have never gotten mad at me for it.

@ricchubunny

aahah I see my reputation precedes me. 

The funny thing is how much I love nono now. Poor nono, I'm sorry about the old days..

Let's just say it took a looong time to warm up to him.

The thing is nono's stage personality seems rather forced, unnatural and like he's trying too hard to keep up with the fans. I know some girls who agree with me (foreign fans, I've never explained it to Japanese fans). Honestly, I still don't really like his stage persona. But like I said, I love him now after having met him and he is the one I talk to the most..

I've always loved nono fans though. They're really nice and even have a reputation for it. And when I made jokes like "nono is no! no!" they always just think it's funny and have never gotten mad at me for it.

Haha, dont worry, its not your reputation, i just read your live report some  time ago :)

Cool to read this!

@ricchubunny

oh gosh people actually read my live reports? I should probably try a little harder on them...  I assume either first oneman or brand new wave report?

Actually here's what i had written about nono before I decided my post was too long yesterday(/early this morning when I was unable to sleep):

"Now for nono.. hmm.. well, to be honest when he first joined the band I didn't particularly like him and he kind of grated on my nerves. But I realized it's his stage persona that is the problem. I much prefer nono out of makeup, in his regular clothes, talking to me one on one. He's much more natural and less forced than he is on stage, in his writing on twitter or blogs, etc. He loooves English and always greets me with "HELLOOOOOOO THANK YOU!" even though he knows I can speak Japanese so I thought it was his standard foreigner greeting, but every other foreigner I've talked to except one says he just talks to them in Japanese. Last time I saw him he was distributing flyers and the other people around us were probably wondering why we were acting like school girls who hadn't seen each other in 50 years (so much high fiving/fist bumping/awkwardly standing too close to each other etc). We were so happy to see each other he forgot to give me a flyer haha...ha (but I had gotten one from Kamui a minute before so it was no biggie). I told nono I couldn't go to the 4th oneman and his response was "why?!" so I explained I was going to America for Christmas time and he suggested that I come back for the oneman then go back home, hah. I also told him I'd go to the 3rd oneman tour if I could and his response was "not if! you will go!" That's nono for you. And all in all, I've grown to really like nono. I just much prefer him off stage."

@ricchubunny

oh gosh people actually read my live reports? I should probably try a little harder on them...  I assume either first oneman or brand new wave report?

Actually here's what i had written about nono before I decided my post was too long yesterday(/early this morning when I was unable to sleep):

"Now for nono.. hmm.. well, to be honest when he first joined the band I didn't particularly like him and he kind of grated on my nerves. But I realized it's his stage persona that is the problem. I much prefer nono out of makeup, in his regular clothes, talking to me one on one. He's much more natural and less forced than he is on stage, in his writing on twitter or blogs, etc. He loooves English and always greets me with "HELLOOOOOOO THANK YOU!" even though he knows I can speak Japanese so I thought it was his standard foreigner greeting, but every other foreigner I've talked to except one says he just talks to them in Japanese. Last time I saw him he was distributing flyers and the other people around us were probably wondering why we were acting like school girls who hadn't seen each other in 50 years (so much high fiving/fist bumping/awkwardly standing too close to each other etc). We were so happy to see each other he forgot to give me a flyer haha...ha (but I had gotten one from Kamui a minute before so it was no biggie). I told nono I couldn't go to the 4th oneman and his response was "why?!" so I explained I was going to America for Christmas time and he suggested that I come back for the oneman then go back home, hah. I also told him I'd go to the 3rd oneman tour if I could and his response was "not if! you will go!" That's nono for you. And all in all, I've grown to really like nono. I just much prefer him off stage."

Yep, first oneman i guess!

i TOTALLY understand what you say! i also think his キャラ is so forced and he fails so hard on trying to be kawaii desu nya~~~zura☆ haha

But i know he is a nice person and i like that he is on the band :P

Yep, first oneman i guess!

i TOTALLY understand what you say! i also think his キャラ is so forced and he fails so hard on trying to be kawaii desu nya~~~zura☆ haha

But i know he is a nice person and i like that he is on the band :P

oh my god all the nyas and zuras etc are the reason why I don't read anything he tweets/blogs. I know someone who tells me it's good practice because he's easy to understand (easier than say...nuppe. but I actually have effectively been brainwashed and understand nuppe now) but I just can't get through it orz

BUT yes nono's a nice guy and way more chill when you're just talking to him. Well, when he's not shouting the bit of English he knows at you (apparently he used to be better at English back in the DWP days). I've come to appreciate him in the band and can't imagine Souiumono without him now...

Didn't Sacci try to talk you in english too? He was all like "Hey Ritsu! I went to USA once! I still have my passport!!!" and tried to write some stuff in english haha

He was also planning to come to Brazilian World Cup and asked if him and Nuppe could stay at my place LOL then wen i talked to Nuppe he was like "CAN WE SERIOUSLY STAY AT YOUR PLACE?IS IT BIG ENOUGH FOR US" BWAHAHHA They're so nice guys.

Didn't Sacci try to talk you in english too? He was all like "Hey Ritsu! I went to USA once! I still have my passport!!!" and tried to write some stuff in english haha

He was also planning to come to Brazilian World Cup and asked if him and Nuppe could stay at my place LOL then wen i talked to Nuppe he was like "CAN WE SERIOUSLY STAY AT YOUR PLACE?IS IT BIG ENOUGH FOR US" BWAHAHHA They're so nice guys.

I met him on pigg once and he wrote only English. 

pffffffft wow. I think they're perhaps a bit too big as a band to be doing those sorts of things now, though. 

Anyway, SACCI is so weird. His social interactions are so off. And actually it's pretty widely known that if he doesn't recognize your face, he doesn't talk to you much at in stores etc. He talks to me some but not much. I mean he definitely recognizes me--they all do. Even freaking Kogoe.

I have a few theories:

1. nono is always the first one to talk. the second he sees me he's shouting HELLOOOOOOOOO at me and I have a feeling maybe SACCI is perhaps worried about actually speaking in front of a foreigner (unlike nono)

2. I'm a nuppe fan. He has no chance to win me over.

3. he's weird. 

One time I was at an in store and he had this silver mask on with ear holes cut out and a mouth hole cut out and he was playing with the ear hole while asking "DO YOU UNDERSTAND? DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!?!" and I was just thinking like what? japanese? (Bucky had asked me two seconds earlier if I spoke Japanese). but then he asked me if I understood the character and I was like NOPE and then staff made me continue on down the line.

The last in store I went to was a cheki-kai and of course nono does the HELLOOOO THANK YOUUUUU and everyone followed suit (it kind of sucks that I end up not talking to them properly because of nono's sudden english but it's also kind of funny). Then I got to SACCI who was playing ukelele. And I almost thought he wasn't going to stop playing ukelele because he just...kept playing. But then he stopped, shook my hand and said hello thank you. Then between the 2nd and 3rd picture while nuppe was grabbing my legs and practically pulling me into his lap, SACCI dances up front while playing the ukelele. I am pretty sure he was trying to get in front with us but everyone else started yelling at him to get in the back--in the picture he's still laughing at himself. Normally he does a pretty boring face in pictures but I like that one a lot.

One time he pretended like he was going to punch my friend. Then did the same to me. Like I said: weird.

hahaha will do ! anything in particular you want to hear about?

Oh yeah, it's not that I don't like SACCI. I mean he has grown to be my least favorite but I love every member of the band so it's not saying much? Anyway, I just can't figure SACCI out he is one big question mark for me. (One time during a picture that my friend was getting with the band he was holding something up and because it was a cheki we can't see very clearly what it is so we were like "is that a cell phone? doesn't he have an iphone? why would he have two cell phones? whose cell phone did he steal???" but it turned out he was holding up some random band's free ticket to a live during the picture for some reason hahaha.. WHY?!)

idk, I bought it (...3 times) so I don't go looking for downloads. タランチュラ has a kind of jazzy feel imo (and was composed by nuppe), 事後の翼 is a 5 minute long slow song (WHYYYYYY), and 曇り空にて晴天の夢を見る is awesome (so heavy I imagine i will be headbanging until my neck snaps when they play it) also it's half in English I WANT TO DESTROOOOOY I WANT TO DESTROOOOOOOOOOOOY. 

hahaha will do ! anything in particular you want to hear about?

Oh yeah, it's not that I don't like SACCI. I mean he has grown to be my least favorite but I love every member of the band so it's not saying much? Anyway, I just can't figure SACCI out he is one big question mark for me. (One time during a picture that my friend was getting with the band he was holding something up and because it was a cheki we can't see very clearly what it is so we were like "is that a cell phone? doesn't he have an iphone? why would he have two cell phones? whose cell phone did he steal???" but it turned out he was holding up some random band's free ticket to a live during the picture for some reason hahaha.. WHY?!)

idk, I bought it (...3 times) so I don't go looking for downloads. タランチュラ has a kind of jazzy feel imo (and was composed by nuppe), 事後の翼 is a 5 minute long slow song (WHYYYYYY), and 曇り空にて晴天の夢を見る is awesome (so heavy I imagine i will be headbanging until my neck snaps when they play it) also it's half in English I WANT TO DESTROOOOOY I WANT TO DESTROOOOOOOOOOOOY. 

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA He used to watch some of my broadcasts and comment stuff like "kawaiiiiii" a lot of times (i'm a guy), that was weird hahaha

Oh, damn god, i wanna listen it :( i was looking for it here but seems like no one uploaded