Trombe

lynch. new album "GALLOWS" release

Sounds pretty good. Catchy as fuck. But this is by far their worst production to date judging from the video. The guitar sound and drum sound doesn't work very well together at all. And where's the bass in the bass drum? It's just a weak click. It's not so bad it's ruining, but I still don't get how bands are OK with productions like this. Drums that sounds like tin cans, plastic and type writers. Jesus christ.

Not sure why they included the breakdown either, because it sounds pretty fucking pathetic. But the chorus makes up for it.

That's my general idea of the song too. It's not a bad song, but the production sounds bad. Like the whole song sounds flat to me. It doesn't have a rich quality to it. Perhaps, it is just a low quality audio? I dunno... 

I'm not an expert on this issue, but I heard King Records usually tends to upload PVs with very low quality audios to prevent piracy or whatever. People were complaining a lot when lynch. released their INFERIORITY COMPLEX PV, and now I don't hear anyone complaining much about the sound quality of that album.

Anyway, it's a nice and catchy song, really liked it!

Nice track, catchy! Made me quite excited for the rest of the album.

I agree with Bear on the drumming though, it sounds lackluster and hardly packs any punch at all. I hope it won't be a thing on the entire album.

These previews sound extremely promising. Just as I suspected GALLOWS is the continuation of EXODUS but much better. DEVIL was also a pretty nice track as well. Looking forward to this one!

Judging from the chorus, either that breakdown needed to have more than a unison riff and those drums going on or they should have a sprinting guitar solo in there. The song is pretty good but it could have done with softening those drums a bit. I'm scared of how they're going to do for my ears when I listen to this with headphones on

Lazy writing is the best way for me to describe DEVIL. It's nothing different than what we've been hearing from them and bands with a similar sound. Toss in a hardcore breakdown (and judging from the previews there's going to be quite a few more) and you have the same gimmick that has been running its course in VK for the past 4 years.

The song GALLOWS sounds promising; but the rest sounds like everything else they've released before, just repackaged.

It's from their 2007 studio album, "THE AVOIDED SUN".

However, this piano version seems to be a privilege CD if you buy something or so.

I didn't know it existed, though.

The overall structure of the songs somehow remind me of "the avoided sun". It starts out with some pretty good tracks, the second half is dominated with tracks that sound totally alike (and boring) and it finishes very promising with the last 2 tracks. The production sounds totally awful, seriously. It's clinic and overmixed, totally unnatural sound. THis metalcore thing brings the danger, of course, of very repetitive structures..and I can't wrap my head around the fact that I actually heard very little distinguishable riffs. I won't go too crazy on this for now, but it sounds definitely more promising than anything after their 2nd album.