Sign in to follow this  
Wonrei

mysterious band "sukekiyo"

The atmospherics and melancholy feeling created by the song are very cool.  While I was not floored by the release, I did enjoy it and was really amped to see the tashigoto and the new sounds that it can provide to a song.  I like the dynamics it added.

I look forward to the what the future holds for this project.

Sukekiyo - The Daemon's Cutlery EP

01. Destrudo
02. Elisabeth Addict
03. Aftermath
04. Hemimetabolism
05. Nine Melted Fiction
06. In All Weathers
07. The Daemon’s Cutlery

tumblr_inline_myqfgcjtPe1r22zhp.jpg

It's like a satanic version of 9goats. I'm interested now in the others.. so far I think Aftermath was ok, but not that stunning.

Oh my God...That was really wonderful imo!! I loved it! I love the atmosphere and the PV is really nice too. I'm looking forward to hear the other songs of that EP...I want more like this one!! :D

The video has been removed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

I really wanna watch this PV ;_;

The video has been removed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

I really wanna watch this PV ;_;

http://jrockmusic-zone.blogspot.fi/2013/12/full-pv-sukekiyo-aftermath.html go here

and in case someone's wondering about PV shooting place (Otani quarry, Utsunomiya)

http://www.warawareotoko.com/archives/3679

edit: the link is dead, google that place anyway

Thanks to both of you Perez and xxzer0xx ^^
I was kinda expecting something else,but I dig this song...

It's really appeasing =w=

Interesting song. There was a guitar solo and the guitar sounded like that of 304gou Shitsu, Shita to Yoru.

I might be interested in listening to more of their music although I don't like it much when bands have a kind of slow sound in every song. I get bored and I need insanity and speed in music.

The english title of the song I find it unnecessary. It would have been better if it was in japanese considering all the japanese reminiscence all along the video. I need to spit this out but I find the title in english a bit pretentious. (Relieved now xD)

By the way, does Kyo speak english?

The english title of the song I find it unnecessary. It would have been better if it was in japanese considering all the japanese reminiscence all along the video. I need to spit this out but I find the title in english a bit pretentious. (Relieved now xD)

might be a marketing decision, the PV was available on American itunes since day 1. it would be basically impossible to push a Japanese titled release in the west, I guess.

considering he's writing all deg lyrics and majority of clever sleazoid and all of agitated screams of maggots lines are in English, he does to a certain extent.

There's many that believe he's fluent. Other members have shown good English skills (Die), so it wouldn't be surprising if Kyo was as well.

how dare you!! on the 5th day suteki-kyo-sama created english himself (all that before conceiving growling on the 6th)

You mean he invented the "talking while chewing on hot tomatoes"? :D nevermind. But his growling is pretty decent, still. Although I love him taking a break from it in Sukekiyo.

I'm not a fan of DEG but this was nice and I'm looking forward to listening to the full release. I hope it gets leaked or something.

My sentiments exactly. I respect deg as a band but could never really get into them (and their kind of music), so I'm delighted that Kyo's doing something different and from what I hear it sounds promising. I really love how the peaceful folk-ish melodic lines in this song are rippled by darker, more unsettling instrumental overtones and imagery.

Guest Magatsu

it's so nothing special.

still cool to see him doing a solo project :P

might be a marketing decision, the PV was available on American itunes since day 1. it would be basically impossible to push a Japanese titled release in the west, I guess.

considering he's writing all deg lyrics and majority of clever sleazoid and all of agitated screams of maggots lines are in English, he does to a certain extent.

Never thought about it as a marketing strategy. It makes sense but I had this kind of complaint about Dir en grey in special that english titles for their songs sometimes make them seem pretentious (only and exclusively to me).

It is not like every Dir en grey song with an english title makes me feel that anyway.

Sukekiyo - The Daemon's Cutlery EP

01. Destrudo
02. Elisabeth Addict
03. Aftermath
04. Hemimetabolism
05. Nine Melted Fiction
06. In All Weathers
07. The Daemon’s Cutlery

tumblr_inline_myqfgcjtPe1r22zhp.jpg

Do you have any source for that EP tracklist?

As far as I know and seen, the EP is a 1 track vinyl only containing "the daemon's cutlery". If you check scans on mbok or Yahoo! Auctions, you'll see the A-side is having a label with logo+text, but the B-side is completely blank only having a black label with nothing on it. The back cover is not having any other song titles other than "the daemon's cutlery".

I think you're mixing up the EP tracklist with the setlist for the two shows they performed on December 29-30

Never thought about it as a marketing strategy. It makes sense but I had this kind of complain about Dir en grey in special that english titles for their songs sometimes make them seem pretentious (only and exclusively to me).

It is not like every Dir en grey song with an english title makes me feel that anyway.

All the lyrics in my copy of Uroboros are written in English despite the songs clearly NOT being sung in it. You could call it pretentious, but I call it a sad side-effect of the whole 'need-to-understand-what-listening-to-or-won't-listen' mentality, which is so prominent in Western society that International distribution has felt the need to perceive pandering to it as an utter necessity (and this includes dubs in film for people who refuse to read a few measly subtitles).

Unfortunately the general public are lazy, narrow-minded and egocentric and if you don't conform to the most common ideals you will have a hard time breaking through.

Or maybe Western fans who don't understand Japanese would like to know what the lyrics are?! I don't think Western fans trawl through lyrics booklets before deciding to listen to a band.

Sign in to follow this