Muma

HEADPHONES

I'm not talking about impact, I am talking about detail, two very different things :)

I knew that I was going to be most likely losing bass going in to this, but I tend to like a bit of a brighter sound anyways.

I have yellow/grayish Ink'd Skull candy headphones. My Nano is yellow because I had this stupid idea of naming it after Joltik from Pokemon. XD So, I figured I'd get some headphones to match it. I love them to pieces because the sound is amazing. It's not too bassey nor too soft... like, it's just right for me I guess. I just love them because they work well for me. <3

Bought a pair of AKG Y50 yesterday. First impression was very good, and I thought they offered much sound for $100-110 even though I wish the bass was a bit subtler. But that's just my first impression, and it was good.

Ironic though that I bought new ones because the left ear stopped working on the last pair, and when trying these new ones the left ear is completely fucked. It comes and goes. Jesus. Will have to go back and get a new pair today.It's weird how iIt's always the left fucking ear with me. Always.

I'm really disappointed by the AKG Y50's. I'm on my third pair now and they are simply not working properly, especially not when listening to rock and metal. A lot of the elements disappears. When I take a left/right speaker test on youtube you will not hear anything on one of the channels, and when I liste to e.g Ghost's Ritual the intro is completely fuked. You will not hear the intro guitar, just the hi-hat and the bass and lead guitars when they kick in, and the solo are buried so deep into the mix it's impossible to hear everything. It's so annoying.

The cable connection between the cable and headhones is awful as well, causing the sound to disappear every now and then. But it's my third pair and I am almost sure it's a production mistake and that the entire batch my local shop got is fucked up.

I did order three pair of in-ear Venture Electronics VE MONK the other day, though. They cost $5 a pair, but the reviews of these have been crazy-good. Apparently they're not the most comfortable, but the sound is supossed to be excellent, in fact so good that no-one understands a shit of this. No-one can make out how something this good can cost $5. Can't wait to get them! Big chances I'll order three more when I get them. Think I paid $19 for the three of them including shipping.

My brother also said these were fucking amazing, and a lot better than his $90 in-ear phones that got amazing reviews a few years back. I'm looking forward to getting these motherfuckers!

I'm really disappointed by the AKG Y50's. I'm on my third pair now and they are simply not working properly, especially not when listening to rock and metal. A lot of the elements disappears. When I take a left/right speaker test on youtube you will not hear anything on one of the channels, and when I liste to e.g Ghost's Ritual the intro is completely fuked. You will not hear the intro guitar, just the hi-hat and the bass and lead guitars when they kick in, and the solo are buried so deep into the mix it's impossible to hear everything. It's so annoying.

The cable connection between the cable and headhones is awful as well, causing the sound to disappear every now and then. But it's my third pair and I am almost sure it's a production mistake and that the entire batch my local shop got is fucked up.

I did order three pair of in-ear Venture Electronics VE MONK the other day, though. They cost $5 a pair, but the reviews of these have been crazy-good. Apparently they're not the most comfortable, but the sound is supossed to be excellent, in fact so good that no-one understands a shit of this. No-one can make out how something this good can cost $5. Can't wait to get them! Big chances I'll order three more when I get them. Think I paid $19 for the three of them including shipping.

My brother also said these were fucking amazing, and a lot better than his $90 in-ear phones that got amazing reviews a few years back. I'm looking forward to getting these motherfuckers!

Please post an update once you get them! I'm in need of new earphones but have had no luck in forever.