DeithX252

MIYAVI new album "MIYAVI" release

Awesome!!! :) Also, on FB he mentioned that the release is gonna be a worldwide one, and that preparations for his next world tour have already begun.

He's changed his artist name to MIYAVI (so yeah without the kanji) but they'll still use the kanji for designs and logos and all that.

Details from the ohp:

http://myv382tokyo.com/posts/view/30063

Release date: 19 June 2013
[MIYAVI]/MIYAVI

FIRST PRESS: CD + DVD 4,800 yen (tax included)
A special compilation DVD with live and behind the scene footage

REGULAR: CD 1,980 yen (tax included)

TOUR INFO
[MIYAVI "SLAP THE BEAT" TOUR 2013]

16 September Osaka BIG CAT
23 September Sapporo PENNY LANE24
29 September Sendai Rensa
6 October Fukuoka Drum Logos
12 October Nagoya Bottom Line
14 October Tokyo Shibuya-AX

So ready. Everything about this is good for me. If the rumors of him setting up to release an album worldwide accompanied with a world tour and he comes near me again, I'm so going. So pissed I missed his last show in America. 

I agree with Candy Worhol, I need a part 2 of SAMURAI SESSIONS.

Excited for this though, everything has been really good from MIYAVI

MIYAVI just tweeted that he's in preproduction now with THE LOWBROWS... so I guess we can expect some electronic influence this time too. :)

I agree with Candy Worhol, I need a part 2 of SAMURAI SESSIONS.

Excited for this though, everything has been really good from MIYAVI

I'd love to hear a part 2 to that as well, but right now I just want him to finally release that solo album he's been working on forever... So many tracks that he played during lives that just need to be recorded already.

Very excited for this. MIYAVI is one of those musicians that just oozes creativity and I think he's matured a lot since getting married, becoming a father, joining EMI, etc. SAMURAI SESSIONS vol.1 was slightly disappointing in terms of it's length (I mean it was promoted as an album rather than an EP, which is weird) but the quality of the songs themselves was fantastic. 

If this album focuses more on the electronic stuff that he's been flirting with lately then I'd be pretty happy. AHEAD OF THE LIGHT was an awesome single and FUTURISTIC LOVE is one of my favourite tracks of his in recent years.

Further bits of info from a recent natalie.mu article:

- the album will be recorded in London

- the producer is Dean Gillard (worked with artists such as Taylor Swift or Janet Jackson)

- the album will have an EDM sound coupled with MIYAVI's characteristic guitar-slap technique

(so basically in the vein of Ahead of the Light I guess)

lol even japanese people are calling stuff EDM right now, must be great to mislabel music this much

anyways I absolutely loved Ahead of the Light so I can't wait to listen to this

Tracklist:

1. Justice
2. Horizon
3. Chase It
4. Secret
5. Cry LikeThis
6. Guard You
7. No One Knows My Name(Slap It)
8. Hell No
9. Ahead Of The Light
10. Day 1(Album Version)
11. Free World

...cool, I see he included stuff he played on his world tour last time (Justice, Hell No). Can't wait to hear them in album version / electronic style.

Here are the early live versions btw, if anyone's interested:

Also speculating if these might be included with slightly different title:

"Chase" --> "Chase It" ? 
"Music Free" --> "Free World" ? 

I think it's time for him to ditch this style, he most probably won't but the songs are boring and too similar

I loved that he experimented so much but this stuff really isn't his best work, or close to it

Well I love his recent work with these samurai sessions. I'm 100% excited and ready for this. I totally forgot its coming out already next month. Is it true this is coming out in USA as well or is that just a rumor?

Well I love his recent work with these samurai sessions. I'm 100% excited and ready for this. I totally forgot its coming out already next month. Is it true this is coming out in USA as well or is that just a rumor?

I fully agree, I never liked anything MIYAVI made, but this whole Samurai Sessions-style is just really great in my opinion. It's more mature too, it really fits him. Anyway, I heard the album would be releasing world-wide, but I'm not sure if that means physically or digitally.

I think the combination of leaving PS Company, joining EMI, getting married and becoming a father has really helped MIYAVI mature a lot. Since WHAT'S MY NAME? came out it feels like he's been on a roll and he seems to be really enjoying himself, which is being reflected in his music.

I'm glad to see DAY 1 is being redone for this album, I feel like that song had so much more potential that wasn't fully realized. I remember reading a comment by YUKSEK around the time that SAMURAI SESSIONS was released where he stated that he and MIYAVI only had (correct me if I'm wrong) 2 days to write the single, and I think that is reflected a little in the song itself.

Justice sounds hella cool, I can't wait to hear how it sounds in the album with all the EDM stuff thrown in. Hell No doesn't do anything for me just yet though.