Cristate

HIZAKI's (Versailles) new band ?

So he's in studio since December, said he recently finished his recordings, said he has an announcement to make on April 1st with TERU from Versailles aswell, and posted a picture this morning while heading to a photoshoot. (And he apparently didn't change his style as much as I'd have expected/loved it ;_; )

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGlj

What do you guys say ? Seems quite obvious to me.

Seems pretty plausible, could be just a small project or release but I guess we'll have to wait until the announcement to know for sure.

I am all for the idea of a new band with HIZAKI and Teru, Masashi(was that the bassist's name?) as well. Looking forward to hearing this announcement!

Hizaki gay project part 2 yaaasssss

His compositions pre-Holy Grail (save Dry Ice Cream) were awesome, so hopefully he's had some time to work on writing for just his personality instead of balancing his songs to fit Versailles.

Personally, I think the best stuff HIZAKI wrote for Versailles was their major debut single and their major debut album, so ASCENDEAD MASTER and JUBILEE. If he could return to writing stuff like that, I'd be a very happy fan.

For reference, Hizaki's compositions:

"Beast of Desire," "Forbidden Gate," "Sympathia," "After Cloudia," "Windress," "Suzerain," "History of the Other Side," "Ascendead Master," "Amorphous," "Catharsis (with Teru),"  "月下香," "Princess -Revival of Church-," "Serenade," "Philia," "Remember Forever," "Dry Ice Scream!! (Remove Silence)," "Judicial Noir," "Faith & Decision," "Rose," "Rhapsody of the Darkness," "Created Beauty," "Holy Grail-Amoroso-," "Truth," "Prince (With Kamijo)," and "Silent Knight." 

Alright, so he wrote quite a bit more than I thought he did, including most of the A-side material. I think the single he wrote that I didn't like was "Phillia," but I did really like "Judicial Noir" and the self-titled album's singles.

.... (And he apparently didn't change his style as much as I'd have expected/loved it ;_; )....

I agree, it would be interesting to see what would happen if he'd try to step away from the same image he uses over again for a while. A fresh wind can do alot of good. But it's offcourse safer to stay with what has already proven to work, so I can understand.

I suppose this thread can be closed since it was announced the other day that everyone but Kamijo would be forming Jupiter.

Sadly, the new vocalist will most likely not compliment they sound very well. Should have made it an instrumental band (with maybe a few guest vocalists for some songs). I believe their instrumentals are their strength.