Newbie here. I've been looking for a place to discover and keep up to date with new music for a while and this place seems pretty decent. I've already posted in a couple of threads but I guess I might as well "officially" introduce myself.

So yeah, name's Pho3nyx (since somebody else already took Phoenix >_>) and I first got introduced to the Japanese music scene around the beginning of 2009 when I stumbled upon DIR EN GREY, who I instantly fell in love with and who has remained one of my favourite bands since. I started off listening mostly to bands associated with the Visual Kei scene, such as the GazettE and D'espairsRay, but over the last year or so I've drifted more towards the indie scene, including bands like HaKU, toe, Prague and 雅-MIYAVI-'s recent material. I just discovered School Food Punishment and absolutely love what I'm hearing... it just sucks that they disbanded already, anybody know any similar sounding bands that are still active?

Aside from Japanese music I like a lot of other stuff, I guess some favourite bands include Metallica, Opeth and Enter Shikari as well as a few EDM artists such as Gemini or Xilent.

So yeah, that's me! I guess I'll see you guys around.

Woah, you sure have some nice music taste! :D the GazettE & D'espairsRay  :indie_yay:

And also, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here and make a lot of friends~! :lolita_cheerful:

Nice to meet you, and welcome to the forum! As far as school food punishment goes, you should ask CAT5. I'm sure he'd be willing to help :) As far as I can say, the vocalist's new project pretty much sounds exactly the same as school food punishment. Their keys has joined a new band now as well (LAGITAGIDA), which sounds like a heavier instrumental version of SFP. I hope that helped!

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I checked out LAGITAGIDA and they remind me a lot of Liquid Tension Experiment, pretty cool. 

Hi and welcome! also like HaKU Myself :3.

Then you, my friend, are awesome.