Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

グリーヴァ(Grieva) new maxi single, mini album & LIVE DVD

Edge, Cyber and REX... all at sold out or near sold out events.

Oh, i heard that they fans number never increases...Maybe they're fans of their previous band?

Well...they still playing in these venues with no many sold out concerts, but i really dont know... maybe stylelover can tell us after seeing them!

Just listened to them again... THE Suicide☆$how Time had a more punkish sound to it with background "woaaaaaaaah" vocals and everything, which is probably why it wasn't included on their full album XD After listening to CHILD PREY, I can definitely say they're stylistically pretty similar in parts, but THE Suicide☆$how Time isn't nearly as heavy. Bondage was more along the lines of their other songs with a darker kote-style sound. 

I would like to listen to those songs.

Sounds good.

The Pv reminds me Material Pain of Phantasmagoria.

Yeah, it definitely looks like they filmed it at the same location.

And this time they ripped off Malice Mizer gr8 job Grieva

Sounds and looks very nice.

And so far I don't recognize a rip-off at all.

Their image and the way they play (also the shouts XD) is so different from malice mizer that I'd never notice the similarity in melody without searching for it, especially because it isn't a very unique melody either.

it sort of reminded me of Bel Air, melody-wise. Of course the vocal line is totally different

but as you said it IS a somewhat generic melody

If this is really Bel air or another Merveilles song rip-off then I have to congratulate them. Because it sounds dozen times better. (yeah, I really honestly don't like Gackt era Malice Mizer that much). The chorus sounds very familiar but I can't figure out why.

I still have hopes they will start to be heavily "inspired" by Key Party or Matina bands. Or early 90s groups (Kuroyume and friends). Because that is the type of VK I miss.

I like the preview. Although it reminds me of Bal Air by Malice Mizer I still like it.

The chorus started somehow weak...

I just hope they realise they can't spend the rest of they life as Grieva ripping off other bands' songs.

I think Aliene Ma'riage is a good source for inspiration when it comes to portray the distinctive sound Visual Kei achieved in the late 90's. I would also suggest Verfe~gorl.

グリーヴァ(Grieva) & DEZERT will hold their coupling live tour "死×闘 地獄絵図-全国編-" since Sapporo SPIRITUAL LOUNGE at 2013/11/10 and up to tour final at Shibuya O-West at 2013/11/28

I've seen THE Suicide☆$how Time compared to CHILD PREY on some Japanese blogs, but I haven't seen any comparisons for Bondage.

I wonder if there is drama about them. Have you seen any on blogs (besides the usual fangirl drama)? I just always see bands like 12012 and Sadie blamed/hated for "copying" DIR EN GREY, which i never understood at all besides Sadie's latest release (well, there was also VAJRA, which covered newer DIR EN GREY songs and sold them as their own). But after a quick listen to some of their songs, this band seems to copy songs/riffs so entirely from earlier DIR EN GREY and everyone seems to love it. Maybe its official that they are a cover band since even their outfits/hair seems so typical copied, could someone clear that? In the end its cool to see a band revive the "old style", which also seems to have good potential.

I wonder if there is drama about them. Have you seen any on blogs (besides the usual fangirl drama)? I just always see bands like 12012 and Sadie blamed/hated for "copying" DIR EN GREY, which i never understood at all besides Sadie's latest release (well, there was also VAJRA, which covered newer DIR EN GREY songs and sold them as their own). But after a quick listen to some of their songs, this band seems to copy songs/riffs so entirely from earlier DIR EN GREY and everyone seems to love it. Maybe its official that they are a cover band since even their outfits/hair seems so typical copied, could someone clear that? In the end its cool to see a band revive the "old style", which also seems to have good potential.

I think because Grieva doesn't try to hide it so people are more forgiving.

I find them entertaining but their songs do run out of steam pretty quickly after the third or forth listen because it's all songs I've heard before. They have some promising tracks but if they keep up rehashing old songs we've all heard before, they're not going to last.

Also I think Sadie gets unfairly picked on. Besides Mao who was vocal trained by Kyo, their songs don't sound like Dir en grey songs and take on more metalcore(?) influences.

I think it is also because Grieva are ripping off the songs of their earlier days, who haven't been copied so excessively (except maybe Cage and I'll). And I have noticed how much hate there is for the Gauze album in general. Many people think it was cheesy and bad compared to Dir en grey's later work (which also have influenced most of the more metal oriented visual kei bands from today).
I like Grieva and I love Kote kei. I agree however that they need new ideas and influences. Maybe their Mini-Album will be better (though I really like 毒 on the single, more than the title track which is simply Myaku with a different chorus).

On the new promo: I am glad the have a brand new look now. The suits were cool, but they had this look now since the album release. The new Look is badass. Somehow Kyouki is reminding me very much of Tatsuya from Syndrome. And I like Haru's nice gloves.

Sign in to follow this