Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

グリーヴァ(Grieva) new maxi single, mini album & LIVE DVD

Last time I checked they were quite heavily attacked for a) copying Dir en grey and B) not wanting to be related to their ex-band anymore.

But I think the western fans are once again much much more forgiving.

GRIEVA puts me in a tight corner, so to speak. I like most of their songs and I loved the preview to Amai unou, akai sanou, and now that I have already listened to it completely I love it even more, but at the same time it is kind of sad they are copying from Dir en grey this much. Even that song's PV seems a copy of Myaku PV.

I think it won't be a good idea to keep doing this till the end of the band. It could be counter-productive in the end. I mean they should find inspiration in old school bands, but not copy them.

By the way, GRIEVA say they are "the successors of the old good times", but Dir en grey isn't the only band that represented the old good days of Visual Kei. There is a great number of old Visual Kei bands they could get some inspiration too, such as Key Party bands.

Anyone who knows japanese and has read blogs or forum discussions about GRIEVA's music, what do people say about their music?

Sorry about my crappy english. Corrections are very welcome^^

well, on tanuki they dont discuss at all, there's just a lot of comments like パクリ!!!!(plagiarism) はよ解散する!!(disband soon), 売れない (they don't sell) and stuff like that

グリーヴァ is outstanding for me , people shouldn't think they are copying other bands ,
they have such a respect for older VK style of music , this is also their inspiration concept ,
creating a band and composing so many great tracks aren't easy ,
especially they have their strong skills to nail their instruments .
No matter how many haters out there that don't like them ,
refer to Yukami's comment : If they do not like, do not listen!
I Love the way グリーヴァ are , Looking forward to their new music .

If they do not like, do not listen!

It's horrible saying things...

No matter how many haters out there that don't like them ,

Where do you see the hate towards the band in this topic? I thought everyone was enjoying their sound although pointing out the obvious partly plagiarism (which isnt "horrible saying things" when its true imo). You need to stop praising bands so much for things they dont do, even if you like listening to their music. Both ways "omg they are so bad" and "omg they are soooo good, so skilled, totally new" are stupid.

Oh by the way. Have Dir en grey members said anything about GRIEVA?

I highly doubt they comment or even listen to グリーヴァ or any vk lately.

Guest mitsubana

I personally don't like this band, but it looks like they're releasing a lot of music, etc. for their fans!!!

SET-LIST at 2013/07/24:

SE.[schwarz] of Hades
01.中絶(chuuzetsu)
02.退廃的狂葬(taihaiteki kyousou)
03.拝啓、愛しのアイドル様へ(haikei itoshi no idol-sama e)
SE
04.侵喰-shinsyoku-
05.蜥-tokage-
06.破壊ノ庭(hakai no niwa) (new song)
SE
07.鬼経-kikei-
08.解離性同一性障害(kairisei douitsusei shougai)
09.悦楽的自虐妄想癖な僕の事情(etsurakuteki jigyakumousouheki na boku no jijou)
SE
10.甘い右脳、赭い左脳。(amai unou akai sanou)
11.夕刻絶交センチメンタル(yuukoku zekkou sentimental)
12.毒-ドク-(doku)
SE
13.悲しみは巡りゆく季節と眠る哀(kanashimi wa meguriyuku kisetsu to nemuru ai)
14.Wish
15.Dead[en]D
16.刑法第39条第1項「心神喪失者ノ行為ハ之ヲ罰セス」(keihou dai39jou dai1kou「shinshinsoushitsusha no koui wa kore wo bassesu」)

EN1
01.THE Suicide☆$HOW TIME
02.孤独人形症候群(kodokuningyou shoukougun)

photos of their special look "黒魔術薔薇薔薇集団" will be available for sale at their "black-clothing" live since Ikebukuro EDGE at 2013/08/04

BNfur0RCYAAOFQw.jpg

New Single "脳内フラワー(nounai flower)" will be released on 2013.09.09 (limited edition of 444 copies, 999yen)

TrackList:
01.脳内妄想薔薇薔薇DOLL(nounai mousou barabara DOLL)

Sign in to follow this