Trombe

KAMIJO will commence solo activities

the more i think about the whole versailles breakup and read into Kamijo and the other band members activities after the break up, im starting to think there was a little in house argument or debate on which direction the band should go - I quite liked the 'The Revenant Choir' era of versailles as it was what got me into versailles in the first place but in the end they kind of deviated from that and went more 'commercial' when they went major.  maybe the rest of the members wanted a return to the original sound but kamijo didnt want?

I think it was more that they realized they were running out of ideas since Versailles is a concept band and they can't really deviate too much from their theme. Inevidably, he was going to get a solo project one way or the other and I think this hiatus was the best time to start it. Name a vocalist of highly popular vkei band who did not embark on some sort of a solo project: Juka, Hakuei, Kirito, Kiyoharu, Gackt, Kyo (not musically, but he still releases other forms of art), Hizumi (same deal as Kyo), Riku (after everyone in Flopriots quit), Satsuki, Asagi, Jui, Jun, and even less-relevant vocalists like Kisui and Yuuga. 

I honestly don't see what was more commercial about them on their self titled than on Noble. They had more time to write the later, but also probably only an 8th of the budget. If anything, the most commercial thing to come from any of these guys is "Shout your Desire," which is like an awful 3 some of Yohio x NEW BREED x Taking Back Sunday.

Honestly Jupiter would be the commercial band considering they're the ones on the major label sporting a softer and safer visual look.

I'm under the impression that the split was that Kamijo wanted to keep pretending he's a vampire while the others wanted to move on from that concept.

It's being reported that basically the PV is the story of Louis (Kamijo) being seduced and turned into a vampire by Mana.

Kamijo wanted to keep pretending he's a vampire

I just have this image of Kamijo clutching onto a vampire cape as nurses try to drag him to a mental hospital :3

The preview is great but i still don't understand why kamijo must sing this way has he forgotten how well he's capable of singing? his lyrical sympathy voice was perfect why in the hell did he change it? is he still able to sing like that? am i alone when i say he sang better than he ever did pre-DESTINY-The Lovers? it seems after ascendead master he changed some how. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syDc-nFxsAw

Just listen how beautiful! why can't you see this kamijo? find your true voice again!

You have to understand he's getting older though. I think his real voice is still what he sung like in Lareine, when he doesn't put any strain on his vibration, doesn't lock his throat up like he does to achieve that nasal sound, it'll be a lot lighter. Everything in Versailles was completely forced, even when speaking his voice isn't that deep as he pulls off in early Versailles tracks.

I don't think Kamijo's real voice was that we heard in Lareine, not at least in most Lareine's songs because he was trying to sound more feminine.

I don't think Kamijo's real voice was that we heard in Lareine, not at least in most Lareine's songs because he was trying to sound more feminine.

So can we have a consensus his real voice is what we hear from Versailles newer live versions?

I still think the older studio albums are recorded very differently from how it was played live but in the newer ones (Holy Grail and up), there was barely any difference going from studio to live ver.

So can we have a consensus his real voice is what we hear from Versailles newer live versions?

I still think the older studio albums are recorded very differently from how it was played live but in the newer ones (Holy Grail and up), there was barely any difference going from studio to live ver.

Singing is somehow a complex thing. When I listen to Grand Pain by Lareine Kamijo's voice sounds a bit more "natural" for me.

When Kamijo sang in Versailles his voice sounded deeper, but if that doesn't cause any harm to his voice then it is fine.

I just want Kamijo to sing. His Versailles singing voice doesn't bother me. All it matters is that kamijo doesn't hurt his vocal chords.

What a poor english mine u.u

I just have this image of Kamijo clutching onto a vampire cape as nurses try to drag him to a mental hospital :3

Why does that remind me of ASCENDEAD MASTER?

I've caught some hints of auto tune on the new single's previews though, or at least a sense of voice manipulation. My conclusion is simply that the guy's trying to sound 15 years younger than he actually is. Not that it's a bad or horrible thing, I love Kamijo's voice, no matter whether it was in Lareine, New Sodmy, Versailles, or his new solo project. It's just really difficult to make out what the condition of it is currently. 

"Purchase any edition of KAMIJO new single "Louis - Enketsu no La Vie En
Rose -" for a chance to be a part of a special Ustream show in which
KAMIJO will answer some of the questions submitted by fans, and also to
say a few phrases that fans request him to say.

Purchasers will be able to submit the following:

1. A question for KAMIJO

2. A phrase that you would like KAMIJO to say during the show."

Now I can finally ask him to talk about rimming me. This is a dream come true.

It sounds like a cheap version of a Castlevania soundtrack. 
I'm still waiting for the day these guys are going to get tired of the same classical progressions, they always use the same stuff for everything. >_>

The song is not bad but I wasnt expecting this much of Versailles on it.