ricchubunny

Black Gene For the Next Scene new single release

Really lookin forward to this single. Listened to their previous ones and didnt like anythin in particular > <  Pretty good but just not my kind of thing > < But when i saw  桜乱トランスdestiny pv preview i really loved it  and now likin the samples of the other songs too so really wanna listen to the full thing XD

They are always doing the same sound

Same electro sound

Same voice and song rythm

same guitar riffs

Not that I don't like it (or them, black gene), but you can't listen to all their singles in a row without getting bored

Well that was... boring. Their other songs at least had some punch to them and catchy music, but this one just seemed hollow and lifeless :/ I REALLY hope the b-sides are much better.

Yeah, it's almost like everything was random and the only constant things was the chorus. They should change it up, it's still good enough but if they keep on they will eventually get boring

Why can't these kind of bands just ditch the electro shit? obviously they don't need it... i heard those instrumental parts and they obviously all have talent why can't they get rid of it? get rid of those silly little outfits and get serious and put out some serious music... why not? how do go from xodiack to this crap? rame was even in eze:qul. so age turns you into pop bands with silly outfits in japan? it seems they've gotten less mature musically with age all of them but of course i guess it could be the record company pushing it on them but they have to have some sort of freedom shouldn't they? sorry for the rant i just want some dam serious music and eros has completely embarrassed himself with that outfit i will never take him serious from now on i mean it would take a lot...

how do go from xodiack to this crap? rame was even in eze:qul.

You can't be serious with this statement? I mean, I'm waiting for BFN to be actually good but do you seriously think Xodiack was better? :'D I have no idea who did the composing in that band, but obviously he either wasn't very good at his job or just didn't give a shit.

And eze:qul too? Rame hardly even knew how to hold the bass the right way! Geez, even Vidoll in the beginning was pretty amateur stuff, even though some people choose to see those years as their best. No, Rame is not doing his best in this band, but thinking he was more talented in eze:qul is just ridiculous.

Can't undesrtand why people still complaining about 'electro shit'. They said that the electro thing is the BAND THEME, so it won't change, i'm sorry you guys should just stop listening them. It's the same thing to ask to Mejibray make songs with no screams, or Kiryu to release singles with no japanese traditional sounds. lol

But indeed this song is kinda...boring compared to the first two releases.

Can't undesrtand why people still complaining about 'electro shit'. 

I'm not complaining about them doing electro-what-ever. I'm complaining about them not doing it well. They can do whatever they want as long as they do it well.

The fac that we find it bad/boring/whatever is clearly subjective, it's just a matter of tastes

Just that for me they could be much more good than that, when DOOM was released, people were like "omg this is good, good to see Rame back with Eros, this will be a good band etc etc",

It happened that way cause it was the first single, this was brand new, new sounds, new Rame and Eros band, new singing style for Eros and stuff like that, now it's their 4th single ? and it's exactly the same as Namida Khz, and Namida Khz was kinda the same as DOOM, they just do the same thing over and over

I like that electro sound they have, but I'm clearly waiting for something different now -> heavier songs, with some electro in it as it's their touch, and some changes in Ice's voice, cause he really always sing with the same voice intonation in every song + they should remove autotune/vocoder, his voice is good, there's no need to add that

Again, it's subjective. I have high expectations for this band, I'm sure they could grow bigger and bigger, they just need to make some changes

PS: You can't compare Black Gene to XodiacK, they are clearly not the same band.

You can't be serious with this statement? I mean, I'm waiting for BFN to be actually good but do you seriously think Xodiack was better? :'D I have no idea who did the composing in that band, but obviously he either wasn't very good at his job or just didn't give a shit.

And eze:qul too? Rame hardly even knew how to hold the bass the right way! Geez, even Vidoll in the beginning was pretty amateur stuff, even though some people choose to see those years as their best. No, Rame is not doing his best in this band, but thinking he was more talented in eze:qul is just ridiculous.

i said they were better bands not that they were better technically at their respective instruments there can be great musicians in bad bands you know... lol anyway xodiack was kind of silly too but their first mini album was pretty dam good stuff. i just don't understand this change i mean i can expect it from rame but eros i would have never imagined him in a band like this

These kind of bands in my opinion just don't sound very inspired to me or great... but hey i guess its all subjective and I'll agree that i could deal with it if they did it well i just hate when musicians ditch all of their potential for catchy bullshit music and I'm sorry if that offends any fans of this band but I'll continue to feel this way.

I don't know how many of you were into the visual kei scene when XodiacK was active, but for a very long time they were one gigantic joke. They were ragged on harder than BFN ever will be and they had few fans, if any at all. That was partly the reason they went on such a long hiatus. Fast forward a few years and suddenly all that's under the rug and XodiacK is a decent band that BFN should aspire to be? My my, hindsight is 20/20.

You like them? OK. You don't like them? Fine (I don't). You think they could be better? Valid opinion. But that's all it is - opinion. This entire "I have my opinion so you need to validate me" needs to go. Let people think and feel what they want.

The new song was fine up until 2:08 and then it just kinda jumped the shark and got stupid. Random tough guy br00tal moment and then a bunch of auto tune electronic dance music? wut? I'm not hating on the auto tune for the sake of auto tune, just the dumb jump from having an okay pop rock song and then a mediocre breakdown and then suddenly dance music? Ehhhh that whole segment was dumb and messes up the flow of the song.

I don't know how many of you were into the visual kei scene when XodiacK was active, but for a very long time they were one gigantic joke. They were ragged on harder than BFN ever will be and they had few fans, if any at all. That was partly the reason they went on such a long hiatus. Fast forward a few years and suddenly all that's under the rug and XodiacK is a decent band that BFN should aspire to be? My my, hindsight is 20/20.

You like them? OK. You don't like them? Fine (I don't). You think they could be better? Valid opinion. But that's all it is - opinion. This entire "I have my opinion so you need to validate me" needs to go. Let people think and feel what they want.

I understand that and i can understand if someone genuinely enjoys this sort of music i just don't understand why EVERY new visual kei band i see has to have some type of pop or electro type of elements nowadays... there's just nothing out there for me except for the really hard to find indie stuff which is still rare quality wise and some older established bands that haven't sold out yet. my point wasn't even being that xodiack was a fantastic band or anything special they had a few alright songs. my point was mostly being of how you can go from kote kei brutal death metal type of shit to this. it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

My problem with this type of music is mostly it being just a forced cliche type of rock and musically not so mature at least in my opinion...  i think this kind of music is used for a quick money grab and it just doesn't sound inspired or serious for me sorry i just don't understand why quality and serious music is so hard to come by with these new visual kei bands i guess I'll just stick to my 90s stuff for a while.

oh and I'll stop my ranting i know you guys are sensitive to conversation on here.

I understand that and i can understand if someone genuinely enjoys this sort of music i just don't understand why EVERY new visual kei band i see has to have some type of pop or electro type of elements nowadays... there's just nothing out there for me except for the really hard to find indie stuff which is still rare quality wise and some older established bands that haven't sold out yet. my point wasn't even being that xodiack was a fantastic band or anything special they had a few alright songs. my point was mostly being of how you can go from kote kei brutal death metal type of shit to this. it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

My problem with this type of music is mostly it being just a forced cliche type of rock and musically not so mature at least in my opinion...  i think this kind of music is used for a quick money grab and it just doesn't sound inspired or serious for me sorry i just don't understand why quality and serious music is so hard to come by with these new visual kei bands i guess I'll just stick to my 90s stuff for a while.

oh and I'll stop my ranting i know you guys are sensitive to conversation on here.

Remember, XodiacK was GALAXY METAAAAAL bro.

Owld skewl kote kei was also just a forced cliche and what was popular back then. The crap that's going around now is also just what is popular and in another decade VK will probably be a totally different monster and the fans of what VK is now, will be like the kote kei fans complaining that VK isn't the same anymore.

It's not that we don't like conversation here, you're just mad that not everyone is agreeing with your opinion.

I like old 90s visual kei and not a fan of current VK but you gotta be realistic. 

I don't know how many of you were into the visual kei scene when XodiacK was active, but for a very long time they were one gigantic joke. 

THIS.

I remember when they covered up their faces and distributed their first single for download...and then, when the first PV was out people made infinite jokes about them. They just got some popularity between foreign fans after they joined Kiwamu's label...

I understand that and i can understand if someone genuinely enjoys this sort of music i just don't understand why EVERY new visual kei band i see has to have some type of pop or electro type of elements nowadays..

Owld skewl kote kei was also just a forced cliche and what was popular back then. The crap that's going around now is also just what is popular and in another decade VK will probably be a totally different monster and the fans of what VK is now, will be like the kote kei fans complaining that VK isn't the same anymore.

Arithmetica pretty much summarized it. Being all electro and colorful is today's VK's thing. If you don't like it, that's alright, but it isn't any less inspiring or any less unique than what kotekote bands were compared to each other.

And to clear things up again: I don't like BFN. I wanna like them, because I'm a huge Vidoll fan and used to be even more huge Rame fan. So I'm not really defending this band, and whatever you say can't possibly make me feel butthurt because I know well enough how much BFN sucks ass. Yet, I think there are certainly worse bands than BFN, and one of them is Xodiack. 

my point was mostly being of how you can go from kote kei brutal death metal type of shit to this. it just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Because Eros is as much of a greedy little bastard as anyone. Like you might know, Xodiack didn't sell too well (why that might be, I don't know. I mean, they were so great! *sarcasm*). Whereas you think this type of music isn't mature, I think it's as mature as music can get. It's about being flexible and admitting to one self that you can't always stick with your ideals and do everything and everything alone what appeals fun to you. If you wanna live on music, you gotta need to do something that sells. And obviously, Xodiack didn't and didn't even have a chance to. So Eros went to a band where he could do something he likes, not at least hate what he does and be actually able to earn some pocket money. It's that simple.

That's why people that "used to make great, inspiring, original, unique music" tend to go to "shitty sell-out bands". Because shitty sell-out bands sell better. :'D

It's not that we don't like conversation here, you're just mad that not everyone is agreeing with your opinion.

This, sadly. Discussion and conversations are welcome as long as it doesn't result into public fighting. Also, if you're directing this message at the staff, don't tell me you're still mad about that warning we gave you three months ago.

Anyway, back on track: I don't like BFN, never have. BFN falls into that category of new, modern VK bands that I do not care for musically, but I'm not going to complain about the new wave of VK not being to my preference here in this thread. That's just how it is, and that's how it will be in a few years for the fans of the current new movement. They too will complain about how much it has changed and how they don't like it. I will just leave their fans be and people who want to enjoy their music should do just that. I agree with Arithmetica, this is what's "in" and popular now, so it's only logical newer bands like BFN will try to incorporate it into their music. If it's popular, they might actually get some fans and publicity, it makes sense to me. I don't like it personally (as in, the direction of the music, not the selling out-part), and well...too bad.