TidTid

Matenrou opera debut mini-album ''Abyss'' release

Matenrou Opera announced today at their Last Indies Oneman that they will have their Major Debut on the 22th of December with the release of the mini-album ''Abyss"!

I can tell you that I was at the Last Indies and they are playing a new song which is 100% Matenrou Opera style, so they aren't changing!!

Oh my God, fucking finally.

I'm extremely happy about this, with a hint of indignation.

Like... It's been forever since they've done anything of any real consequence it seems to me.

However, I am EXTREMELY excited to hear a new mini album, hopefully with 5 NEW songs, no rerecordings of anything.

And good songs.

None of this "Murder Scope" bullshit.

And I need another brilliant ballad.

Like Sara or Tenjou e no Kakehashi wo,

Not too demanding, I think.

They also have a new site: http://matenrou-opera.jp/

Also the mini album will include 7 songs. Like X-Marc mentioned, one type will include a t-shirt, and it comes as a limited edition book? The other type will include a DVD with a PV and making of.

You can also kind of view their new look on their new website.

Also at their last indies live they played a new song called "INDEPENDENT".

Going to pre-orde now!!! Can not wait. I hope (and I am sure it will be) it is better than GILIA. While I pretty much love everything they do, IMO everything they have done since GILIA is better.

Kind-of-but-not-really looking forward to this. I've been trying hard to like them for a while but their releases have been hit-or-miss with me...mostly missing. I didn't like "Murder Scope," didn't bother listening to "Genesis," I thought "R" was boring, and "Hiai to Melancholy" pisses me off.

However: songs like "Anomie," "Eternal Symphony," "Utopia," and "Tsuki no Suna" are amazingly good.

As I said, kind-of-but-not-really looking forward.