Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DIR EN GREY new maxi single "輪郭(rinkaku)" release

What I would most like this single to be is a song with heavier instrumentals, but instead of him screaming/growling/being totally unintelligible throughout the whole song, I would really like him to sing. In Japanese. Because he does have a good singing voice. But when it's in English it's just not... There... It just doesn't work for me. I really don't like Kamijo's English singing either. It sounds way too forced. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, some people just CAN'T speak in other languages.

But if he is going to incorporate English lyrics, let's have it be in the screaming voice... But that's for the album as a whole. If they are planning a full blown album comeback, I would like there to be a mixture of ballads, heavy songs with a singing voice, and heavy songs with a screaming voice.

I stand by my opinion that Ruten no Tou from Dum Spiro Spero is in my top 3 favorite Dir songs of all time.

I don't really know where does this belong but what the hell.

TOUR2012 IN SITU

【01】10/10(水) [東京都] SHIBUYA-AX -「a knot」LIMITED -

【02】10/16(火) [宮城県] 仙台サンプラザホール

【03】10/18(木) [北海道] Zepp Sapporo

【04】10/23(火) [京都府] KBSホール

【05】10/24(水) [京都府] KBSホール

【06】11/3(土) [岡山県] 倉敷市芸文館

【07】11/4(日) [岡山県] 倉敷市芸文館

【08】11/6(火) [福岡県] Zepp Fukuoka

【09】11/14(水) [愛知県] Zepp Nagoya

【10】11/16(金) [愛知県] Zepp Nagoya

【11】11/20(火) [神奈川県] 横浜BLITZ -「a knot」 & ONLINE only -

【12】11/21(水) [神奈川県] 横浜BLITZ -「a knot」 & ONLINE only -

【13】11/26(月) [大阪府] なんばHatch

【14】11/28(水) [大阪府] なんばHatch

【15】12/25(火) [東京都] 東京国際フォーラム・ホールA

thanks ramsara @ http://ramsara.tumblr.com/

Kaoru looks like a clean and royal Jack Sparrow. xD

Toshiya looks cool~.

Shinya is pretty as always.

Die looks the same.

Kyo better look crazy and have all kinds of body mods since his pics are a TV/Computer monitor. :|

I still don't particularly care for this whole mystery Kyo thing... The big reveal better be really cool or else it will just seem like it's all for nothing.

Maybe the single is even instrumental?

Maybe the single is even instrumental?

I was wondering the same thing! I wouldn't be completely opposed to that if that managed to pull of something interesting :P I am not a huge fan of instrumental music but there are a few pieces that are pretty awesome!

the band has had a long enough break...and seeing as how the single isn't due out until "Winter", they still have more time for Kyo to fully heal his vocals by the time production starts.

^I don't think there's any big reveal. Just the artsy shit kyo enjoys doing

I could definitely see that. And chances are you're probably right, but I just wonder...

Like doesn't Rinkaku mean outlines? I don't see what the TV has to do with anything haha, but whatever Kyo. Do you.

And @Relentless if the single is due out in winter, which is only a few months away, should production be more or less underway if not completed? Does anyone know if it's definitely winter in 2012? (This could be November/December) or winter in general which could mean anywhere between November this year and pretty much March of next year...

^I don't think there's any big reveal. Just the artsy shit kyo enjoys doing

I could definitely see that. And chances are you're probably right, but I just wonder...

Like doesn't Rinkaku mean outlines? I don't see what the TV has to do with anything haha, but whatever Kyo. Do you.

And @Relentless if the single is due out in winter, which is only a few months away, should production be more or less underway if not completed? Does anyone know if it's definitely winter in 2012? (This could be November/December) or winter in general which could mean anywhere between November this year and pretty much March of next year...

Yes, it's written Winter 2012. But I believe this is going to be released on mid-november or early december, considering the announcement date. They always announce single releases 3 months before or something like that

Given their history (e.g. Hageshisa to) my mind would immediately go to it releasing in early to mid December, so I had assumed from the beginning it would be this year, just wanted the confirmation. ^_^ but either way I'm excited. Dir en grey has always made me happy with their releases so I'm sure this won't disappoint me either.

makes me think you don't give the guys a proper listen.

that's a MOO track, THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB in its some-kind-of-a Symphonic Ver.

followed by an intro, Kyoukotsu No Nari, also off MOO.

The way the band writes their music allows Kyo plenty of time to write out the lyrics and record vocals with as much time as he really needs. The band said they were "working on new songs" a few months back, so it seems like they've been at this for a while.

And it's been a year, Kyo has had plenty of time to recover (and HOPEFULLY get some lessons along the way!)

Sign in to follow this