Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DIR EN GREY new maxi single "輪郭(rinkaku)" release

No offence, but I think you guys are really overreacting regarding Kyo's health.

I think he has been fully recovered since MONTHS ago. He had his throat issues in beginning of this year, maybe he recovered in April? They've been in the studio all spring/summer, probably recording the upcoming album so there is definitely no problem with Kyo anymore.

Also, their Japanese crew member updated on their Facebook a lot of weeks ago revealing they're all doing fine, including Kyo and there is no need for worry. So, you can stop speculate about his condition. He's fine, he's probably been that for a long time. He just needs to stay away from whatever is named United States of America.

If there's anything that I've noticed for some time now is that their US management is absolute shit. From getting random tours with retarded bands(lol Asking Alexandria, at least it ended up not happening) to bad ways of advertising their stuff and also weird stuff like that Scream4truth thing.

Scream 4 Truth was Dir en Grey trying to be political in Japan and wanting the truth about the nuclear problem. Pretty sure the american management had nothing to do with it.

Scream 4 Truth was Dir en Grey trying to be political in Japan and wanting the truth about the nuclear problem. Pretty sure the american management had nothing to do with it.

There was no info or anything about Scream 4 truth on their japanese page, only that video. On japan there was no advertising about it or anything - here they created scream4truth.com and put ads on NY. And the scream4truth.com is more like a big ad "COME LISTEN TO DIR EN GREY'S MUSIC WITH MESSAGES AGAINST THE FUKUSHIMA PROBLEM" than actual awareness raising. If they actually cared about it I believe they'd have promoted it on Japan and during their subsequent tours... and nothing happened. Only their international FB page(which is managed by their US management) talks about this.

There was no info or anything about Scream 4 truth on their japanese page, only that video. On japan there was no advertising about it or anything - here they created scream4truth.com and put ads on NY. And the scream4truth.com is more like a big ad "COME LISTEN TO DIR EN GREY'S MUSIC WITH MESSAGES AGAINST THE FUKUSHIMA PROBLEM" than actual awareness raising. If they actually cared about it I believe they'd have promoted it on Japan and during their subsequent tours... and nothing happened. Only their international FB page(which is managed by their US management) talks about this.

I thought there were a couple lives or something. I dunno I can't remember. I think maybe Kyo's vox probz hindered whatever it was in the first place.

He just needs to stay away from whatever is named United States of America.

And why is this?

Because it seems that he can't really handle with the super long tour schedules USA always demand - twice a year (because ONE tour á 1½ month is not enough) Try to growl for ~2 hours, every day for ~2 months, living in a tour bus, with road food with no real sleep. That's not healthy for none of the members or crew, but especially for Kyo that begin growlfest everytime they visit USA.

If there's anything that I've noticed for some time now is that their US management is absolute shit. From getting random tours with retarded bands(lol Asking Alexandria, at least it ended up not happening) to bad ways of advertising their stuff and also weird stuff like that Scream4truth thing.

They've toured with some pretty damn good bands imo. I saw them in 2007 with The Fall of Troy (who I couldn't appreciate at the time), and Deftones. Even if you don't like Deftones, you have to give them props for the respect they still get from the music community. I saw them in 2008 with The Human Abstract who you really can't hate anymore after their third album (First was good, second was shit, third was a whole new way to enjoy music). Then in 2010 with Apocalyptica, which is awesome.

As far as AA goes, while I dislike them personally, they've proven popular - to get a tour with them is a pretty sweet gig.

Because it seems that he can't really handle with the super long tour schedules USA always demand - twice a year (because ONE tour á 1½ month is not enough) Try to growl for ~2 hours, every day for ~2 months, living in a tour bus, with road food with no real sleep. That's not healthy for none of the members or crew, but especially for Kyo that begin growlfest everytime they visit USA.

Not necessarily. Their tour schedules are relatively easy compared to other international metal bands. Compared to other Japanese bands? Yes, but they're big boys...they can handle it. It's more along the lines that Kyo doesn't use a vocal coach for anything to help minimize (or prevent) any damage he can. He has never had a legitimate HOLD on his voice that professional singers have. That's why his style is always changing, screams, falsettos, everything changes naturally. The growling actually impacts the state of his vocals FAR LESS than the shocking change in range he tries to put his voice through. Implying it's the USA tour schedule that is his problem is baseless. (Note: he developed the vocal problem before touring the US during their AQA tour)

Kaoru mentioned that Scream 4 Truth was nothing political, just a way to get people to stop settling for what they're told and to be more active / involved with what goes on. Nothing political.

Wouldn't say that makes their management shit, it's their management gauging another market so the band can be profitable. Dir en grey doesn't release much so things appear to be more demanded out of them, but who can blame their management? It's a numbers game in the end.

My apologies, through a second translation Kaoru said that it was "their best", not necessarily a ballad.

D: Sorry guys and girls

cool, hate ballad. :D

It could still be a ballad of sorts, the date would coincide with the type of song. Anyways, if it is, I am super thrilled since their ballads rock!

Well whatever it is, I'm sure I'll like it provided it doesn't have ridiculous Engrish in it. I just wish they'd set a date, but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Information from the OHP:

This staggering track that could purify even the deepest of resentments is finally here.

Since the release of their 8th album "DUM SPIRO SPERO," the band went into hiatus following a vigorous touring schedule in Japan and abroad, and now a year and a half since their last single release, they are back with "RINKAKU" which will hit stores this December 19, 2012.

The track is unlike anything you have heard before, almost overturning the band's musical concept on a new scale, coming in with a range full of depth with Kyo's vocals that evoke classical elements in this beautiful and intricate melodic track which builds up dramatically with the intertwining guitars and bass. "RINKAKU" mixed by an internationally acclaimed engineer has turned out to be an inimitable track with an intense sound.

Types of the single:

[Original Version] CD Only

*Same track list on the Limited Order-Only Deluxe Version, Initial Limited Version, and Original Version.

01. RINKAKU

(3 tracks included)

[initial Limited Version] 2 DISCS (CD+DVD)

DISC 1 : CD

*Same track list on the Limited Order-Only Deluxe Version, Initial Limited Version, and Original Version.

01. RINKAKU

(3 tracks included)

DISC 2 : DVD

01. RINKAKU (Scenes From Recording)

[Limited Order-Only Deluxe Version] 2 DISCS (CD+DVD)

DISC 1 : CD

01. RINKAKU

(3 tracks included)

DISC 2 : DVD

TOUR2011 AGE QUOD AGIS Ratio ducat, non fortuna

2011.11.11 TOKYO DOME CITY HALL

01. AMON

02. LOTUS

03. OBSCURE

04. Ruten No Tou

05. Akatsuki

06. Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami

07. THE BLOSSOMING BEELZEBUB

08. mazohyst of decadence

09. Tsumi To Batsu

10. "Yokusou Ni DREAMBOX" Aruiwa Seijuku No Rinen To Tsumetai Ame

11. DIFFERENT SENSE

12. DECAYED CROW

13. RINKAKU (Scenes From Recording)

That extra-special-whatever-version can only be pre-ordered till October 16th btw.

Prices:

[Limited Order-Only Deluxe Version] SFCD-0107~108 2 DISCS (CD+DVD) ¥4,725 (tax in) *Special Packaging

[initial Limited Version] SFCD-0109~110 2 DISCS (CD+DVD) ¥1,890 (tax in) *Paper Jacket Packaging

[Original Version] SFCD-0111 CD Only¥1,260 (tax in)

Sign in to follow this