Sign in to follow this  
sai

Fanbase with the most delusional fans in VK?

I started the opposite version of this topic a few months back (with the results mostly being Kagrra, or BUCK-TICK) so I wanted to find out what you guys consider the worst fanbases within VK.

I know this topic might spark some controversy, mainly because every fanbase is unique in its own way and every fanbase has a few wackos in it that ruin the fun for everyone else. So if I name my opinion that doesn't mean I am speaking of this entire fanbase. I think it would be better to state which fanbase has the most delusional/wacko fans.

I'm going to guess that DIR EN GREY and the GazettE are going to make an appearance often, so I would like to ask to people who state their answer to use some motivation (and mostly desired) or personal experiences with said fanbase. For the rest, rant to your heart's content.

The fanbase that I've personally encountered within VK that had the most cray-crays is DIR EN GREY. The people on last.fm, the vast amount of people we banned (for example ohaiitzwill) that were a bit too overprotective of their favourite band and just the fact that I can't say that I'm not really fond of their DUM SPIRO SPERO album without getting shot in the face for it or people telling me it's "2deep4u (throwing that one in for Pretsy).

So, discuss!

Dir en Grey - because of the reasons you say.

Gazette - they're everywhere, worshipped like some kind of gods, while they music isn't that good and they aren't good looking either. Try to tell their fans they suck... there is an instant drama.

Old VK fans - they are not as extreme as the fans of these two bands, but some really can't imagine how people can listen to newer bands, not their old ones. It can be annoying in some cases. Not all act like this, though.

tbh all of them. Well, some does more deluded than another but still there is these group of fans in ever fanbase.

The die hards. And they would tweet some annoying crap every now and then. I know a person and that was mad. :lol:

Like srsly, the person would literally jealous when the artist are replying some others fans tweets. And would go on rambling with a dozen of tweets or two about feelings. Yeah like he would ever actually marry you, see where you're standing, bew! :lol:

The extreme Diru and Gazette fans should get a plaque or something, lol. . .

I'd say X Japan's fans can be quite delusional. Don't get me wrong, there are some really cool people who like them but most of them are . . . unbelievable. The craziest ones in particular are a) the Yoshiki stans - it is annoying how they try to justify and defend everything he says and does (such as the concert cancellations, photo shopping in fans for an article, and majorly screwing up his earthquake auction charity) and B) the Yoshiki/Toshi and Yoshiki/hide slash warrior fangirls - oh my God, I've witnessed legitimate bitch fights about who Yoshiki was/is really a lover with and who "Without You" was really dedicated to; I wish I was kidding about that shit. I have never seen people so obsessed with whether a person is gay/bi or not in my entire life.

I'd say the GazettE, mostly because people around me claim to be their fans so I interact with them pretty often. I mostly try to avoid being involved in any 'discussion', though.. A single tweet from any member can practically convene a hilarious/dumb/nonsensical drama, and saying anything unpleasant like 'Vortex sucks...' will only make them go butthurt cause, y'know, their music is, and has always been, great you can't possibly dislike it. A lot of internet buddies of mine blocked me because of that, lol. I couldn't care less, though.

Well that's definitely Dir en Grey for me, speaking from just live experience, it's the only band at who's lives I got actually assaulted (more than just once) because someone wanted to be closer to their precious bandomen.

Also it's not necessairly a fanbase but Cologne area has quite some pretty delusional people who come to every live and ruin the fun for others with their hysteria.

Also it's not necessairly a fanbase but Cologne area has quite some pretty delusional people who come to every live and ruin the fun for others with their hysteria.

Same with Poland, I get constantly flamed by these fangirls for commenting their rude behavior on the concerts (they always push others and want to touch the musicians instead of having fun with the music -___-), recently one said she reported me to admins on last.fm, because I told her to buy a mirror (she was a visual fucks material :P). So yeah, that's pretty delusional as well, they think it's a proper behavior, but in fact they look and act like retarded kawaii zombies.

Don't know if this counts but I find it a bit funny about female Visual Kei fans is they'll bitch and whine about not finding a good man. Yet it's their own fault for having completely unrealistic standards because their ideal man is a photoshopped Asian boy that doesn't even look human anymore. They end up completely writing off 99.9% of the male population since the likelihood of them meeting that fake unrealistic person will never ever happen. I especially facepalm at the hypocritical femmy ones that complain about society objectifying women but turn around and do the exact same thing to men, especially Asian men and completely objectify them.

Does that count as delusional because that's one thing that has annoyed me a lot about the female side of the VK fandom.

I actually meant the fanbase of specific bands, so when it comes to the intentions of this thread it doesn't really count, but I do see where you're coming from.

Don't know if this counts but I find it a bit funny about female Visual Kei fans is they'll bitch and whine about not finding a good man. Yet it's their own fault for having completely unrealistic standards because their ideal man is a photoshopped Asian boy that doesn't even look human anymore. They end up completely writing off 99.9% of the male population since the likelihood of them meeting that fake unrealistic person will never ever happen. I especially facepalm at the hypocritical femmy ones that complain about society objectifying women but turn around and do the exact same thing to men, especially Asian men and completely objectify them.

Does that count as delusional because that's one thing that has annoyed me a lot about the female side of the VK fandom.

Completely agree, especially on the objectifying part, even though it is (well I hope at least) a minority. They find it completely okay to go on about how "they want to rape x", which is perfectly fine because it is "a joke", but then flip out when someone makes a sexual comment concerning them. Are you kidding me?

Also, as for being delusional, I met a "vampire" at A's live in Hamburg. She actually started hissing at strangers in demachi.. Seriously? Just what the fuck..

Break them with this:

Why does Hizaki look like an Asian man in that picture?????

Troll?

Sarcasm?

Well... I agree with most people here. Some bands have really the weirdest fans who think their loved bands are the crown of great music and the represantation of the average japanese men (who they often imagine to be godlike entities) and their general obsession with japan and how they see it as some kind of garden eden full of hot visual kei boys which is really irrational and stupid.

Luckily I am not really a concert visiter so I have not to deal with the rabid fangirls face to face. Meeting them and their mental shit on the internet is bad enough, especially when they start a conversation with how good japanese music (which they automatically translate to Vk, because all japanese music is visual...) is and how much any other country's music sucks, despite they can never know all bands and music scenes from all non-asian or japanese countries.

I can only roll my eyes when an obsessive fan starts again with the "japanese visual kei is so deep, emotional and full of passion and so different from all other boring music styles! It's the BEST!"- 'argument'.

Why does Hizaki look like an Asian man in that picture?????

What man, I see/read/hear nothing lalalalalallalalala HIZAKI HIME SAMAAAAAAA

Well clearly the winner would be DeG and The Gazette.... and Maria Cross hurr

Dir en Grey - because of the reasons you say.

Gazette - they're everywhere, worshipped like some kind of gods, while they music isn't that good and they aren't good looking either. Try to tell their fans they suck... there is an instant drama.

Old VK fans - they are not as extreme as the fans of these two bands, but some really can't imagine how people can listen to newer bands, not their old ones. It can be annoying in some cases. Not all act like this, though.

Totally this.

Sign in to follow this