Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

new band "グリーヴァ(Grieva)" has formed

Thanks for the info.

I also think that they generally sound a lot like Dir en grey... but they are a VK band after all, so we can just ignore that. Interesting though how many bands have covered Cage in some way and how popular it still is, yet Dir en grey despise this song so much (but that's another topic).

I like grieva, even though they seem to be copycats of the bands that emerged in the first half of the new millenium.

Thanks for the info.

I also think that they generally sound a lot like Dir en grey... but they are a VK band after all, so we can just ignore that. Interesting though how many bands have covered Cage in some way and how popular it still is, yet Dir en grey despise this song so much (but that's another topic).

I like grieva, even though they seem to be copycats of the bands that emerged in the first half of the new millenium.

They're unabashedly 100% about re-doing that entire era. Many bands have drawn from DEG over the years, but that song is literally Cage in a higher key, lol. And every single aspect of their artistry so far (from titles, to makeup, to clothing, to performance, and even scenes of those PVs) are ripped directly from that era.

That being said, I don't mind in the least―I welcome it!!

I've always loved the themes of that era of visual kei, and I'm so so so down for it to be continued. They're going to introduce it to a whole new generation of teenage girls who―while not actually catching all the references―will vote it in vogue again via their parents' wallets.

Grieva is already showing a great deal of success with this “revival kei,” so much so that Shimizuya is already throwing together their own band to capture the spark. And I'm completely happy about it!

That being said, I don't mind in the least―I welcome it!!

Agreeing with this 100%

I don't mind copying as long as it sounds good to my ears/taste. Especially if it's going back to that particular style of VK. I'm already afraid tho that this band will prolly get the same amount of hate as VAJRA had...well, we'll see.

tbh I think VAJRA mostly got hate because they not only blatantly ripped stuff off, they ripped things off that were way out of their league in terms of skill.

Agreeing with Inartistic and Jigsaw. Even a lot of bands from the time period this band is trying to emulate copied groups that came before them. As someone pointed out in the chatbox, Madeth Gray'll did it to Kuroyume's "Dance 2 Garnet" in "[zwei] super long and complicated 69 title," for example. And Madeth Gray'll is often a source of influence for a lot of ~gothic inspired~ vkei bands today.

I listened to their Dead[en]D demo and thought it was alright, so I'm interested to see what other influences their album will draw. Even the cover art kind of looks like "I'll"'s cover, but that might just be me.

their live-distributed single "黒い涙(kuroi namida)" will be released at MadWinK. presents live "黒服限定GIG(kurofukugentei GIG)" at Takadanobaba AREA at 2012/12/21

their live-distributed single "黒い涙(kuroi namida)" will be released at MadWinK. presents live "黒服限定GIG(kurofukugentei GIG)" at Takadanobaba AREA at 2012/12/21

Wow, these guys seem to have a lot of songs. XD

session bands will perform at HOLIDAY SHINJUKU at 2013/01/20

"G.H.M":
Vo.yo-ka (DIAURA)
Gt.柊-shu- (Rêve)
Gt.陽-Haru- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Ba.斬円(kirimaru) (ex-ヴァルナ(valluna))
Dr.琉碧-Rui- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))

"HOLIDAY ELLE IDOLS":
Vo.&Gt.翔也(shoya) (DIAURA(Ba.))
Gt.しづき(shizuki) (ex-Cyclone, now LakuGaki(support))
Ba.緋雨-Hisame- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Dr.達也(tatsuya) (DIAURA(support))

"アニメだZ!":
Vo.狂鬼-Kyouki- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Gt.佳衣(kei) (DIAURA)
Gt.碌-Roku- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))
Ba.翔也(shoya) (DIAURA)

session bands will perform at HOLIDAY SHINJUKU at 2013/01/20

"G.H.M":

Vo.yo-ka (DIAURA)

Gt.柊-shu- (Rêve)

Gt.陽-Haru- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))

Ba.斬円(kirimaru) (ex-ヴァルナ(valluna))

"HOLIDAY ELLE IDOLS":

Vo.&Gt.翔也(shoya) (DIAURA(Ba.))

Gt.しづき(shizuki) (ex-Cyclone, now LakuGaki(support))

Ba.緋雨-Hisame- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))

Dr.達也(tatsuya) (DIAURA(support))

"アニメだZ!":

Vo.狂鬼-Kyouki- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))

Gt.佳衣(kei) (DIAURA)

Gt.碌-Roku- (グリーヴァ(Grieva))

Ba.翔也(shoya) (DIAURA)

SET-LIST at 2013/01/20:

"G.H.M":

01.青 (GENERAL HEAD MOUNTAIN)

02.林檎 (GENERAL HEAD MOUNTAIN)

03.声 (THE BACK HORN)

"HOLIDAY ELLE IDOLS":

01.ジターバグ (ELLEGARDEN)

02.風の日 (ELLEGARDEN)

03.高架線 (ELLEGARDEN)

04.モンスター (ELLEGARDEN)

"アニメだZ!":

01.ロマンス (PENICILLIN)

02.meet again (Laputa)

03.1/3の純情な感情 (SIAM SHADE)

maybe others don't see it but the way the singer moves he reminds me old kyo.

i was thinking this also  from their previous pv preview long time ago but didn't say it then.

"Wish" PV will be included with the album if bought by mail order (in Japan I guess?),

"Wish" PV + "Dead[en]D" making-of will be included with the album if bought on lives.

(this song will not be on the album btw)

eee i don't know why i like it though maybe i miss old kyo xD

so i read an interview from them (accidentally it was on my tumblr dash)

and they asked them what is your fav band

guess what the singer said xD

Sign in to follow this