Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Versailles new single "ROSE" release

To be honest, I'm not excited any more. The last thing I really liked from them was JUBILEE. DESTINY was boring, Philia was okay-ish, Holy Grail was pretty bad and Rhapsody of Darkness/Illusion wasn't my cup of tea either. I don't know, it sounds kind of harsh but they became pretty boring lately.

I can not agree more with Sai, sadly. They really need to move on an try different, brighter things just like they did on Jubilee. And judging by the last single, it seems they are not inclined to do so.

It's really sad, since this band has an awesome potential. They still do some impressive things, but they feel like a one trick pony.

On a side note, their new look it's pretty cool.

I actually quite liked Illusion for its LAREINE-ness. RotD was a'ight. It had good parts, but felt a bit disjointed and should have had a more epic solo, imo.

Kinda surprised they haven't had a song called ROSE already, considering how obsessed they are. Cautiously looking forward to it.

Holy Grail singles were okay (Destiny was pretty good, to be honest - it had at least a tinge of Lareine-ness in it (Didn't Kamijo compose that anyway?)

Holy Grail wasn't that good

RotD was good, and Illusion was quite great (then again, bonus points for being Lareine-y)

Briefly put,still looking forward to their future releases - I'll be expecting a ballad this time when it comes to title...or a half-ballad, whatever.

Rhapsody is ok, Illusion is a big mistake, but what the hut to name single "Rose"?! It doesn't give good perspectives... No ideas for title?

We'll see....!

Will this also be released digitally?

I haven't even heard their latest single yet (because of crappy quality) but I heard the samples on iTunes Store and it sounded like anything they already released. Nothing new...

They all look perfect. Sometime I wonder what Jasmine's costume would look like if he was still alive. Certainly more extravagant and fabulous than anything Masashi wears.

Last time I checked itunes all of their music was there, so it is very likely.

Since they have a new look, does that mean that the new single might have a PV then?

I have to admit I'm not THAT interested since I didn't really like Rhapsody of the Darkness. Illusion was a nice song though but I listen to Versailles because I want to listen to metal and Illusion is something I would only listen to here and there. Rhapsody of Darkness vocals felt too poppy and bland.

I wonder what to expect from this single? Another soft easy to digest pop metal song or something with some real grit?

They all look perfect. Sometime I wonder what Jasmine's costume would look like if he was still alive. Certainly more extravagant and fabulous than anything Masashi wears.

Jasmine would steal the show.

I thought Rhapsody of Darkness was pretty meh but Illusion saved the single for me, even if it wasn't that original, the Lareine vibe just works for me a lot more.

To be honest, I'm not excited any more. The last thing I really liked from them was JUBILEE. DESTINY was boring, Philia was okay-ish, Holy Grail was pretty bad and Rhapsody of Darkness/Illusion wasn't my cup of tea either. I don't know, it sounds kind of harsh but they became pretty boring lately.

I agree 100%, was a huge fan myself at the start but lately every release has just

got worse and worse (for me anyway) plus nearly every song sounds the same.

Ah okey, but what I was wondering were; will this be a Digial Release only (no physical CD-release like their latest "Rhapsody of the Darkness" single)

Ah okey, but what I was wondering were; will this be a Digial Release only (no physical CD-release like their latest "Rhapsody of the Darkness" single)

I'm thinking this one is going to be a real deal.

I recall the information that Rhapsody of the Darkness and Illusion were never necessarily meant to be released. They had played them live and the fans wanted official copies because they liked them so much. SO, they did an international digital single for RotD/Illusion, but didn't make a PV for it or a new look. However, Rose has a new look. I'm thinking there is going to be a PV and this is going to be a true lead in to an album. So, if RotD wasn't your thing, Rose probably will be since it'll be something "real" in the first place.

Just my two cents, but I think it makes a lot of sense.

Kinda surprised they haven't had a song called ROSE already, considering how obsessed they are. Cautiously looking forward to it.

My first thoughts as well :&.

I don't know, I liked ROTD and Illusion so I'm pretty excited for this new single and I enjoyed Holy Grail.

Rhapsody of the Darkness is pretty much decent for me, but it's true that IMO their releases have been going downhill compared to their earlier stuffs.

So I hope this new-generic-named-song is going to be more exciting.

5th anniversary box (5,555yen, limited 6666) will include CD+DVD, and regular edition (1,200yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]

01.ROSE

02.妖-ayakashi-

03.Love will be born again(Japanese version)

04.THE RED CARPET DAY

[5th anniversary box DVD track list]

History of the Descendant of the Rose

LIVE from World Tour 2012 -Holy Grail- Grand Final~Chateau de Versailles~ 2012.02.12

(MASQUERADE / Judicial Noir / Thanatos / DRY ICE SCREAM!! [Remove the Silence] / Flowery / Vampire / Remember Forever)

Sign in to follow this