Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Versailles new single "ROSE" release

5th anniversary box (5,555yen, limited 6666) will include CD+DVD, and regular edition (1,200yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]

01.ROSE

02.妖-ayakashi-

03.Love will be born again(Japanese version)

04.THE RED CARPET DAY

[5th anniversary box DVD track list]

History of the Descendant of the Rose

LIVE from World Tour 2012 -Holy Grail- Grand Final~Chateau de Versailles~ 2012.02.12

(MASQUERADE / Judicial Noir / Thanatos / DRY ICE SCREAM!! [Remove the Silence] / Flowery / Vampire / Remember Forever)

Whoa, thanks for the tracklist info.

The DVD version is a bit steep for me, but the CD version sounds like a great deal. I'll definitely add that to my next order.

Really excited for the Japanese version of Love will be born again, since I already quite enjoy the music in that song. The Engrish was the only problem.

And yeah, I hope THE RED CARPET DAY will be rerecorded. It's an old favorite, but man, if they mess it up, the "OLD VERSAILLES IS BETTER, NEW MAJOR VERSAILLES IS SHIT" thing will pretty much be solidified in the minds of pessimist fans. I hope they deliver!

Definitely looking forward to the two new songs, obviously. (Also, I'd just like to point out how rare it is they have a song title in Japanese. I think it's pretty cool they're doing it again, maybe it's just me?)

Anyway, As for the Japanese version of Love Will Be Born Again, I'm indifferent. I'm in the minority, I know this, but I loved the Engrish version. It was cute in it's own special way. As for the retake of The Red Carpet Day... I'm cautiously optimistic. I just want to know what's going to be different about it.

Hopefully they can afford a real orchestra for the new version of "Red Carpet Day." :staru:

Also, is ayakashi the correct romanization of "妖?" I looked it up in a dictionary and the only correct pronunciation close to that was "妖しい" (ayashii), meaning "charming; bewitching; mysterious." For "ayakashi," it didn't have have any kanji listed and the meaning was mostly different (except for the second definition): " 1: ghost that appears at sea during a shipwreck; 2: something strange or suspicious; 3: idiot; fool; 4: noh mask for roles involving dead or ghost characters"

Am I the only one that thinks they are running out of ideas by looking at that tracklist?

I assume you mean by the fact that they included one old song (in Japanese) and what is probably a re-recorded song.

Well... I look at those two tracks as bonus material. They could have just included ROSE and 妖-ayakashi-, thrown on an SE track and called it a single. Considering it's 4 tracks and still only 1200 yen, I'm thankful for the extra tracks. Other bands could get away with a 4 track release as a "mini album" and charge 2000-2500 yen for it.

(Plus, I love Red Carpet Day, so I enjoy the idea of them rerecording it!)

To be honest i don't expect so much after RotD... I hope the new songs will be awesome, but idea of re-recording this track... Red carpet day is perfect, so what to change? arrangement? for softer? it would destroy this song.

To be honest i don't expect so much after RotD... I hope the new songs will be awesome, but idea of re-recording this track... Red carpet day is perfect, so what to change? arrangement? for softer? it would destroy this song.

RCD's great but I wouldn't say that it truly reaches "perfection" with cheap synth sounds and other severe mixing flaws.

I'm excited btw.

Am I the only one that thinks they are running out of ideas by looking at that tracklist?

It's a single, not a mini or an album. There's no requirement that singles have to have all new tracks all the time. If anything, I would prefer re-recordings of old tracks to new tracks. Save the new material for the album so it's a release worth buying and not some cheap-ass "compilation" a lot of bands seem to get off reselling.

Seeing as how Rhapsody of the Darkness was an unplanned release, I will not let that faze my judgement for this single. I still have some skepticism leftover from Holy Grail, but we'll see.

Hopefully they can afford a real orchestra for the new version of "Red Carpet Day." :staru:

That would be amazing!

Really looking forward to it!

Also interested in 妖-ayakashi-, don't know about ROSE, is it going to be a ballad? Not a fan of the ballads and happy to see there's going to be a Japanese version of Love will be born again since the Engrish in the other version is awful.

Here to second fitear1590 and Zesshoku, I couldn't agree more with both of you.

Then for Peace Heavy mk II: I had actually translated the kanji as "monster" am I totally wrong in this? If it isn't the exact same thing you're getting at least I think the mood or premise might be the same.

I think Rose is going to be a ballad myself, but I don't know how I feel about having a ballad as an A-side especially from this band. Might be refreshing, actually. And I have high hopes for Ayakashi.

I have to disagree with most of you... i'm very busy at the moment, don't listen to visual kei music often right now and yesterday i found out they had released ROTD... I've just listened to the two songs twice, but i have to say i like them... They sound like anthing they have made, yes... what is the problem? Maybe, i wouldn't like them anymore if they changed their sound, so it's cool for me :)

Also, i have to say that i DID love Holy Grail. It has GREAT songs, and i love it like the other albums... maybe, i'm strange... :)

So, looking forward to this new single, ROSE! ^_^

Greetings from Spain.

Well, if its to work on it some more its all for the better then! Also, since they updated their website this time I think they actually put some soul into ROSE.

Also, is ayakashi the correct romanization of "妖?" I looked it up in a dictionary and the only correct pronunciation close to that was "妖しい" (ayashii), meaning "charming; bewitching; mysterious." For "ayakashi," it didn't have have any kanji listed and the meaning was mostly different (except for the second definition): " 1: ghost that appears at sea during a shipwreck; 2: something strange or suspicious; 3: idiot; fool; 4: noh mask for roles involving dead or ghost characters"

I guess that's how they wanted it to be read. I've heard Ayakashi used to refer to some kind of ghost/spirit/demon (which works with "monster" that ShanethVarosa came up with).

Album art (regular, limited):

198300_406342536076311_1906212849_n.jpg

600589_406340472743184_55092542_n.jpg

I actually like both. I feel the gilded red one works well for being a limited pressing, and the regular album are is simple, direct, lives up to its name, and has a creepy skull in the middle of the rose.

*Stands up and cheers*

Oh my God.

I absolutely love both of them. That skull in the middle of the rose. The combination of red on black. The way the title is stylized on the cover. Oh my God I just love it.

I actually like both. I feel the gilded red one works well for being a limited pressing, and the regular album are is simple, direct, lives up to its name, and has a creepy skull in the middle of the rose.

QFT!

Their albums since DESTINY have been pretty fug, this one is actually really nice! I wonder if Teru designed it, he designed Jubliee correct? Jubliee had a pretty nice cover as well.

*Stands up and cheers*

Oh my God.

I absolutely love both of them. That skull in the middle of the rose. The combination of red on black. The way the title is stylized on the cover. Oh my God I just love it.

TERU was the one who designed these cover arts! He should just continue to make the rest of them as well :D

*Stands up and cheers*

Oh my God.

TERU was the one who designed these cover arts! He should just continue to make the rest of them as well :D

I'm not usually the one to board the Teru bus so quickly, but yes let's please let him design all other album covers. I like the Rhapsody of the Darkness one though.

I didn't even see the skull on the rose at first glance. I just looked at and thought "a rose? that's neat". The skull makes it 10x cooler.

Officially looking forward to this single now.

I didn't even see the skull on the rose at first glance. I just looked at and thought "a rose? that's neat". The skull makes it 10x cooler.

Officially looking forward to this single now.

Right? I thought they were cool and the moment I saw the skull, I was like, "Hell yeah, now we're getting somewhere."

Sign in to follow this