Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

Video game music vs vk music similarities?

Since this section is meant for most pointless/ random threads ever, I'd like to post something that I found pretty interesting (which most of you would eventually find to be stupid):

grRT9veMJLQ

Some DS horror game theme (listen to the main melody)

vs

Bpv2ewDBpP8

Pierrot's Mad Sky - song from 1998 (listen to the whole song, especially verse melodies)

Do you guys notice any similarities between those? I don't want to blame anyone for 'ripping off', but otherwise - it ain't a bad thing if game creators dig Pierrot a lot :lol:

Ps. yes yes, same-ish,

have been made before this post...

EDIT: another pointless example of what I am trying to analyze:

6wWHZE14hP8

Switch right to 0:48

vs.

JT0iJusoSAU

Chorus

Once again, not accusing anyone nor doing this for provocative causes.

I can sort of believe the pierrot and dir en grey motives not getting into OST accidentally, since both were quite popular during madsky and I'll eras

but with the latter example I think they're both referencing the same source tune. however a9 members could play lufia themselves lol

when did alice 9 become a decent band, what happened? why do I like that track? what's going on?

Pierrot were kind of popular enough that it wouldn't be surprising if someone did use a melody of theirs for a song in a video game.

Alice Nine are giant dorks and probably were just making an homage to the game music.

@Nekkichi: Alice Nine have always been decent~.

Reading the topic from the main page I thought this was going to be a face off between both (and there's such an obvious winrar). This is much better :)

I had spotted one somewhere once, but I've long forgotten it :(

lol, i was going to force in with all mighty nerd-powers on that second example (lupin vs. alice9),

pointing out that the motive of a chromatic descending bass line is a very common baroque composing-technique.

known as the "passus duriusculus", and still widely used nowadays with a pretty fixed harmonic top-end to it, so similarities might be found pretty much everywhere.

that was before i finally noticed (stupid, stupid head...) that the melody itself is also almost the same, aswell as the way they get out of that schematic in the repitition.

i think it's safe to assume, that this is no coincidence :D

(no judging here either. maybe it's sort of a "tip of the hat" of one towards the other?)

as far as song similarities go, i guess most people already know the "4 chords of awesome", but who doesn't should watch this...

qHBVnMf2t7w

Sign in to follow this