Sign in to follow this  
ricchubunny

VERSAILLES new Singles and Album

Hopefully this album is a step up from Holy Grail, the only good song worth going back to play that was on Holy Grail is Judicial Noir and that was a B-side from the singles haaaa.

Y U NO LIKE MASQUERADE?

Maybe because that song was a crappy recycle project? One of the most boring things they have done so far. Almost the entire album Holy Grail was disappointing. However, I guess they had enough time to think of new stuff. So... there's hope!

I'm pretty much blind here, too soon to say either not interested or excited.

I'll hear those two singles first,... and perhaps previews for the albums when time comes.

And then i will know if i am looking forward for the album or not.

It's indeed pretty fast,

but holy grail wasn't that bad in my opinion.

I'll be lookin' forward to their new releases in hope it's better :)

aitreni wrote:

8 hours ago

I think it's only an April single and the full album in August. That's what I remember hearing and my friends who were there also think it's just 1 single. All I recall Kamijo saying about June during the MC is that they would have the 2 anniversary concerts. The singles usually end up on the next album anyway.

I'll take her word on that.

Also, apparently D was invited to play at their Anniversary concerts. That's what tumblr is telling me anyway... Versailles/D world tour :DUUR::DUUR::DUUR:

aitreni wrote:

I think it's only an April single and the full album in August. That's what I remember hearing and my friends who were there also think it's just 1 single. All I recall Kamijo saying about June during the MC is that they would have the 2 anniversary concerts. The singles usually end up on the next album anyway.

Oh really? so i didn't got it well...And my japanese friend also said about 2 singles, so lets wait the OHP update!

And yeah, Kamijo said about D too. Btw, i dont have they'll have a world tour this time.

They said at X-mas event they would like to stay in Japan this year

I have hopes for this album, unlike what seems to be the majority, I rather enjoyed Holy Grail even though there were some songs that didn't call to me that much like Flowery. I can't say whether I should have my hopes high or low but during lives and tours is when a band gets much inspiration to write songs from past experience and we have a single as a "preview" to the set of skills Versailles plans on bringing to the table with this new album.

But to be honest... Holy Grail wasn't that brilliant, I agree. But i'm scared about english songs... They've said, they will make more songs with english lyrics.. That could be a tragedy, I think. But anyway, it's still nice...!

For reaaaaaal??? :/

I'm so tired of English songs. They haven't gotten any better since Revenant Choir.

I personally love the English lyrics. I hope that they are going to do a few of them on the album. It could use some work, but I do like listening to it.

I'm dying for the titles of these singles, though, seriously.

But to be honest... Holy Grail wasn't that brilliant, I agree. But i'm scared about english songs... They've said, they will make more songs with english lyrics.. That could be a tragedy, I think. But anyway, it's still nice...!

I'm so tired of English songs. They haven't gotten any better since Revenant Choir.

Just curious Hyato, when/where did they say that they would be doing more "songs with english lyrics"?

I think Kamijo has undoubtedly improved his Engrish since the first version of Revenant Choir. That wasn't even Engrish, just ingurishu. I could at least understand a few lines in "Love Will Be Born Again." HOWEVER, it's still not on a level (imo) where I think he should be singing full songs. It's still waaay too clumsy sounding.

In any case, I've been re-listening to Versailles (it's been a while) and I'm definitely looking forward to the new stuff. I hope we get the official announcement soon though. April is just around the corner.

Just curious Hyato, when/where did they say that they would be doing more "songs with english lyrics"?

It was, afair, when they were in Russia... If I find the source, I'll give a link. It was an interview with Kamijo.

I think Kamijo has undoubtedly improved his Engrish since the first version of Revenant Choir. That wasn't even Engrish, just ingurishu. I could at least understand a few lines in "Love Will Be Born Again." HOWEVER, it's still not on a level (imo) where I think he should be singing full songs. It's still waaay too clumsy sounding.

In any case, I've been re-listening to Versailles (it's been a while) and I'm definitely looking forward to the new stuff. I hope we get the official announcement soon though. April is just around the corner.

Yeah, its not so much his grammar or word usage I dislike, as much as it is his accent and the way it makes his voice sound . . .

lol i have to agree with everyone that Holy Grail was a meh, but that doesnt change my high expectation for their upcoming stuffs, well i keep believing that they will create impressive music and songs.

Hopefully this album is a step up from Holy Grail, the only good song worth going back to play that was on Holy Grail is Judicial Noir and that was a B-side from the singles haaaa.

Y U NO LIKE MASQUERADE?

I hate the chorus, it builds up all this energy and does nothing with it.

YEAH, FOR REAL! Wtf!

their new digital single "Rhapsody of the Darkness" (lyrics: KAMIJO / composer: HIZAKI) & "Illusion" (lyrics & composer: KAMIJO) will be released at 2012/04/25

The one they played on the live? So it's only digital with two songs? I hope it'll be on US iTunes! I'm more excited for Illusion tbqh, lately I've been digging Kamijo's songs more than Hizaki's.

Cool, finally some more information!

I hope they'll be available on the various international iTunes stores, and not just in Japan.

Yes, it will be on Itunes. Hizaki just tweeted:

Versailles New Digital Single「 Rhapsody of the Darkness」,「 Illusion」April 25,2012 . iTunes他、各携帯・PCサイトにて配信スタート!!

FUCK YEAH!! Way excited!!!! No matter how it sounds, I'm sure I'll like it. I love both of their compositions equally. It's Teru's that are usually hit-or-miss with me, so I'm kind of relieved he doesn't have one on here. I'll be buying it on American iTunes for sure.

Rhapsody of the darkness sounds like good.

Could it be a more than 6 minutes song?

Anything that named with Rhapsody should at least be 10 minutes! :lol:

But since it's a single, i am not sure about that.

Well, just a guessing after all.

Sign in to follow this