Sign in to follow this  
saishuu

DIR EN GREY cancels North American tour

I know this has been widely spread and mentioned in the Events section already, but it seems worthy/important enough to be mentioned on the news forum as well.

DIR EN GREY has cancelled all dates of their upcoming American tour (both supporting Asking Alexandria and playing solo dates) due to Kyo's health. Apparently he has been diagnosed with laryngitis, including a case of polyps in his vocal chords. It's yet uncertain when they're going to resume activities.

Source 1 Source 2

:( Oh well.

You kinda have to not be too surprised with all the screaming he does.

I am kinda hoping for a longish break with some fun side projects.

Another news piece has been published stating that DEG's activities are officially stopped due to Kyo's health, as he might need to undergo surgery on his throat and has to rest his voice.

Source

I almost got a heartattack when starting my web browser today, I have their OHP as Start Page and when I saw the message in Japanese I was like "OMG ARE THEY DISBANING ;__;"

Then I switched to English and it was about them canceling the tour...

I almost got a heartattack when starting my web browser today, I have their OHP as Start Page and when I saw the message in Japanese I was like "OMG ARE THEY DISBANING ;__;"

They could always get a new vocalist... I don't think that guy from VARJA is doing anything lately...

So someone actually think they will ever disband? :o

Though anything can happen, imho they are so over that stage by now.

I see them at the level where they are now more settled and comfort with their career.

And just keep doing things that they know they could. Something like Buck Tick, perhaps.

Well i wish all the best of luck for Kyo fo sho.

See the bright side of this, they can at least rest a little,

and eventually build a better ideas for their upcoming tours,

replacing the one that got cancelled right now.

They could always get a new vocalist... I don't think that guy from VARJA is doing anything lately...

They could just use Mao too. I mean, most of the visual-kei scene is more or less Dir En Grey spare parts fodder anyway.

Sign in to follow this