Sign in to follow this  
JMusicMaxcaz

Alice Nine New Album : "9" (2012/02/22)

My thoughts exactly! The way it began really slow and melodic and then it bursts into song with an awesome riff! I also agree this will be an amazing album closer! So psyched for this album. I like how happy they all look at the end. The calming scenery to start, the band shots throughout the PV, and the ending. This makes it my favorite PV from them

Beginning was alright, transition like everyone says was really well done, break down was pretty cool, but ahh that's about it. Maybe the verses and the chorus would grow on me. Not as epic as 12min Gemini. Nevertheless, very excited about this album. These boys deserve Tokyo Dome one day.

Does anyone else feel like Shou's voice has somehow gotten slightly less enjoyable over the years? Like... Pre-Zekkeishoku his voice was totally normal and pretty good... Then in Zekkeishoku on tracks like Q and World End Anthology it was PERFECT. Then Alpha was a great album and Vandalize was... less than perfect... and I know a lot of people liked Gemini, but it STILL hasn't grown on me in the right way, even though it has great songs and I think it's because Shou's voice seems almost whiney and all over the place. I must say though that this is my favorite song/PV they've done for this album. I can tell I'm going to have it on repeat already. Those were just thoughts I had that I wanted to see if anyone agreed with.

I kind of have to agree with Shaneth on that but I do not think that it has gotten to the point of worry just yet. Hopefully "9" will move away from all that. And Gemini imho one was of their better albums, but it still left a lot to be desired from the guys. Although with this pv/song, it makes me hope that "9" is not going to be left of songs that did not fit on Gemini.

Does anyone else feel like Shou's voice has somehow gotten slightly less enjoyable over the years?

LOL I feel exactly the opposite. xD When I first listened to Alice Nine I was literally scared away for a couple of years because of Shou's dying cow-like singing (I'm talking about Zekkeishoku or immediately pre-Zekkeishoku era). I don't know, to me it sounds like from about Alpha or VANDALIZE on he really really improved.

To each their own, I guess. :)

I despise the new way he's been singing since it really became apparent in Heart of Gold. It's almost like he's straining it adding this weird inflection to try and be more cute or something but isn't pulling it off well.

Didn't Alice Nine almost get disbanded because of Shou's voice in the beginning? And then something about Shou being all "If we sell out our one man live let me get voice lessons." And then like his vocal coach was all "YOU CAN'T EVEN SING YOUR OWN SONGS." And he started getting better and better. But ever since Heart of Gold he added this weird sound to the way he sings. :/

It's okay but there are far better songs.

BUT SHOU STILL IS IN A BIG NEED FOR A GOOD VOCAL COACH

I mean, even Ruki had one at some point, why can't Shou do the same?

Shou has had a vocal coach for years. O_o PSC pretty much has their bands work so hard having a coach is pretty mandatory to be at the top of their current levels. PSC also pushes for the bands to consistently top themselves and do something different and new to stay popular. It's like once a band goes into PSC they never stop working. Look at that A9 channel episode where Tora's mom calls in and is all "I haven't seen my son in five years~." And Tora cried. LOLOLOL. BUT UHH. What am I even talking about anymore? Oh. Overworked musicians. Constantly having to have fresh musical style. Etc. Lot's of pressure and contracts with distributors and the label etc. And if you become part of a scandal you graduate~! Which is their nice way of saying they fired you from the label. Like how Miyavi knocked up dat pawp sutaa Melody. They fired him over that. LOL. And he was all "Well, fuck you guys~. Visual Kei is too small for me~." But it's obvious in Miyavi's new stuff how much of a hand PSC had in his music, production, etc. Probably cause he didn't have PSC execs to tweak over every little song. Make them more catchy, more likely to be a hit, etc. So this new sound to Shou's voice just seems to me him trying to keep fresh and stuff. He looked old at the before the pv started playing in that video haha. I was a little shocked. I despise the way he sings in Heart of Gold. It's less apparent in subete e and he seems to kind of molded it into a slightly better sound but I still don't like it as much as earlier vocal stylings he had.

tl;dr

;___;

Shou has had a vocal coach for years. O_o PSC pretty much has their bands work so hard having a coach is pretty mandatory to be at the top of their current levels. PSC also pushes for the bands to consistently top themselves and do something different and new to stay popular. It's like once a band goes into PSC they never stop working. Look at that A9 channel episode where Tora's mom calls in and is all "I haven't seen my son in five years~." And Tora cried. LOLOLOL. BUT UHH. What am I even talking about anymore? Oh. Overworked musicians. Constantly having to have fresh musical style. Etc. Lot's of pressure and contracts with distributors and the label etc. And if you become part of a scandal you graduate~! Which is their nice way of saying they fired you from the label. Like how Miyavi knocked up dat pawp sutaa Melody. They fired him over that. LOL. And he was all "Well, fuck you guys~. Visual Kei is too small for me~." But it's obvious in Miyavi's new stuff how much of a hand PSC had in his music, production, etc. Probably cause he didn't have PSC execs to tweak over every little song. Make them more catchy, more likely to be a hit, etc. So this new sound to Shou's voice just seems to me him trying to keep fresh and stuff. He looked old at the before the pv started playing in that video haha. I was a little shocked. I despise the way he sings in Heart of Gold. It's less apparent in subete e and he seems to kind of molded it into a slightly better sound but I still don't like it as much as earlier vocal stylings he had.

tl;dr

;___;

This. All of this.

For me, I also don't like Heart of Gold, but I thought Blue Flame was their worst track to date. I really can't even finish the song, I think it's just dismal. But yes, I agree totally with Maiku in that it sounds like he's straining his voice to sound different and it DOES but not... in a good way. His new style of singing is very... "angry cat" and his old style is very... "Ox mooing" and... Let's be real for a moment. I'm a big fan of Ai from DEATHGAZE and Cher.... I LOVE the "Ox Mooing" voices XD

I also agree that it seems he has it more refined in Subete e to sound like a more reasonably attractive voice.... A human voice rather than that of an animal, which makes me excited for the album.

To me, Shou is my least favorite member of Alice Nine, Hiroto being the first. But, in subete e, he is actually my favorite. I don't think he's gotten worse but quite the opposite. In GEMINI, I could tell his voice was better because of their song Gemini. His voice sounded really controlled in BLUE FLAME, I despised Heart of Gold, and I'm still trying to get into Niji no Yuki. I have hopes for him in this new album, and it's nice seeing that from those that have reflected on the new PV, have loved it.

Alice Nine might become the #1 on the PS COMPANY label now and taking the first place from the GazettE... This is how it goes when recycling songs too much, the GazettE should not be so cocky anymore... BEAT THIS RUKI AND THE GAZETTE! :ey:

OHHHH GOD. THE ALBUM ART IS SO COOL. ;O;

@Auggie: Shou has always been my favorite. He's like the under dog. A lot of people talk shit but he has worked hard. If you listen to their first album and then listen to Gemini the difference in his ability is astounding. The whole band is amazing though. :)

@セビビザム: RIGHT?! :'D Alice Nine is definitely the best band on the label right now. They are champs. 8D

I'm obsessed with that album art right now, it's SOOO good. Just wish they were a pinch bigger, but I'm sure one will become available closer to the release date.

HOLY SHIT GUYS. DID YOU SEE THE LIVES FROM THE 虹の雪 SINGLE DVD SHITZ?! OMG. ;O; THEY. ARE. SO. GODLY. 13minuteliveGeminimylifehasmeaningagain.

I'm obsessed with that album art right now, it's SOOO good. Just wish they were a pinch bigger, but I'm sure one will become available closer to the release date.

Yeah, I love their artworks too!

Alice Nine must definitely have got a amazingly talented art director and graphic design agent.. I mean, the cover for "GEMINI" was also awesome!

I just thought I'd drop by and say that I really listened to "Birth in the Death" and "Gemini-I-the void" today and I have totally fallen in love. Especially with the void. Such a beautiful song. Even more excited for "9" now.

I just thought I'd drop by and say that I really listened to "Birth in the Death" and "Gemini-I-the void" today and I have totally fallen in love. Especially with the void. Such a beautiful song. Even more excited for "9" now.

WHAT. WHY HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THEM TIL NOW? ;O;

It would be nice to know the graphic artist behind Gemini and 9's cover art :mrgreen:

Ps Company always had top-notch artpieces when it comes to covers (Kagrra covers dayum!), even if they're moneysucking jerks (Tomomi, don't even try)

WHAT. WHY HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THEM TIL NOW? ;O;

I had heard them when the album came out, but I wasn't impressed at first, but now they really blew me away when I listened to them. I'm glad I gave them another chance. The other two GEMINI songs are really great too!

Sign in to follow this