Sign in to follow this  
cryptomayhem

Was anyone else at X Japan yesterday?

Went to the X Japan debut at Lollapalooza yesterday and man, it was freakin' PHENOMENAL. Played 5 songs: Rusty Nail (really, as the first song?!?! WACKINESS, I know), Jade, Kurenai, I.V., and (of course) X. Yoshiki came out about 30 minutes early to fiddle with his drum setup, and we all went nuts.

Toshi was extremely spot on, his voice sounded real good, and all the guys looked extremely happy to be there. Rusty Nail had the new english lyrics (I couldn't really make too much of it out), and Kurenai had english as well, but I think it was the originial Vanishing Vision version of the song. Also, they didn't play Born to Be Free, which I thought was interesting, as there were huge rumors that that was going to be played. And X as a finale was amazing... pure magic that I had been waiting 10 years to be a part of.

I was also extremely impressed at the turnout.... X was on the main stage, and we had a crowd out past the soundboard... the other people there kept saying "good crowd, but not quite as big as Lady GaGa", 'cuz that's the only size crowd they could compare it to. At any rate, the crowd was waaay bigger than the band before them.

Was anyone else there? I was the guy w/ blonde hair wearing the red and black X Japan track jacket thingie. :D

I'm not in the country, so I didn't go, [and even if I was, I'd only be able to go to the LA show...[when there is one] if I could], and honestly I don't know how I'd feel about potentially making one of those longer dreams come true...

/rant/ I mean, I watched some of the footage, and have to say I don't like the presence sugizo gives off while on stage ]... then again, I have been complaining about it since I first saw any such video. [and like I've said before, it doesn't matter how great sugizo is, it has nothing to do with that. I just don't feel he fits at all.] /rant/

ermm, sorry. I tend to get worked up when it comes to sugizo + X.

at least you enjoyed your time, and it seems that his voice has gotten better, which can ONLY be a good thing---unless your hoping for some actual VANISHING VISION goodness...

LOL this is like a kick in the mouth to all of those who wanted X JAPAN to fail at Lollapalooza

Vids up on youtube already, all camera phone shot, really good camera phones imo, and hell of a turn out.

Guest o hai itz will

I am extremely surprised at the turn out. I would like to see pictures.

Here are the pictures that my wife was nice enough to take while I was busy freaking out. We were SUPER UP FRONT, only a row or two away from the very front. Still, the pictures were taken with a phone, so no cool zoom or anything like that. There's one shot in there that kinda shows how big the crowd was, though.

Link: X Japan Lollapalooza Flickr

is there anyone doing the crowd surfing?

Is it allowed though?

Seems like X performance are pretty well received in that festival, main stage, wow i am impressed.

LOL this is like a kick in the mouth to all of those who wanted X JAPAN to fail at Lollapalooza

And I'm glad everything went well for them. This is when I miss living in Chicago again :/

is there anyone doing the crowd surfing?

Is it allowed though?

Seems like X performance are pretty well received in that festival, main stage, wow i am impressed.

I only saw one dude crowd surfing (during X), and he got taken down pretty quickly.

Guest o hai itz will

yoshiki was also on ABC news last night. It was very, interesting.

Sign in to follow this