Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

摩天楼オペラ(matenrou opera) new album release

The EP idea is actually pretty great and it's NOT an official release. TSUTAYA is a well-known store, tons of people can just pick it up and sample their music without actually having to buy their CD. Works as promotion for the upcoming album. Several other bands do this kind of stuff.

i doesn't grab the words "rental EP" yet.

Somebody care to enlighten me?

So people can rent the CD to see if it's going to be a promising album or what? :shock:

http://lsolum.typepad.com/copyfutures/2 ... rom_j.html

This may explain a little better than I could, but it's basically the same concept as renting movies/DVDs/Blu-rays. You pay a certain fee to rent the CD and sample the music (and then pirate it or whatever, I don't know). In Matenrou Opera's case, including most of their recent songs, as well as an SE (I suppose) and a digest of their upcoming album, may work fairly well for them as promotion for the release of Justice.

I'm not sure if the system has changed because I'm not much familiar with it, so anyone who's ever been to Japan and any of these stores should be able to put some more input into this.

Wow that's a pretty cool idea,

and like you, i also think it is a great way for promotion too.

Thanks for the links there.

[track list]

01.Justice

02.濡らした唇でキスをして(nurashita kuchibiru de kiss wo shite)

03.落とし穴の底はこんな世界(otoshi ana no soko wa konna sekai)

04.Helios

05.IMPERIAL RIOT

06.Mermaid

07.21mg

08.AGE

09.Just Be Myself

10.アポトーシス(apoptosis)

11.ニューシネマパラダイス(new cinema paradise)

12.絆(kizuna)-full chorus-

13.Designer Baby (bonus track)

Awesome, 13 tracks or 2500 yens it's a good deal !

I'm going to preorder it for sure !

The preview on their OHP souds epic. The covert art is great too.

Their new look is simply but it's awesome, Sono and Yuu are my favourites.

Currently Matenrou Opera is my favorite band.

The new look is beautiful (Ayame get so beautiful with big hair *.*), only the hair of yuu who are strangers.

10 new songs that really makes me happy, however I was not too excited about the preview that the band put on the site.

Sorry for my bad English...

Am I the only one that thinks that the album artwork is a little ugly? I'll wait and see what comes of the album. Helios was OK but their latest single didn't do it for me.

I think the preview sounds pretty good. Not 100% great, but definitely impressive. The cover art, again, good not great. I find it better than Anomie's cover art (but of course, you can't judge an album by it's cover). I love the track list. I'm very excited. As ottsuga said, Matenrou Opera is one of my favorite bands right now. Their singles have been incredibly impressive. Helios and Otoshiana were two of the best A-sides of their career. This album is probably going to be incredible.

I... really love that! :wub:

The sounds need to be more stereo though,

kinda weird for a PV upped on official channel to have sound quality as bad as that xD

The PV is pretty good. MO has a fetish for just standing there and performing their songs in PVs though... Eh, what more can you really ask for in terms of rock bands. Gotta make sure you get the whole band in there.

Either way, I've been super impressed with their work recently. I know this album is going to turn out to be even better than Anomie.

Honestly, I thought this was one of the coolest PV's I have seen in quite some time. I felt Anzi shined the most in this song as well. For some reason, I got a Galnerys vibe from them with the guitar solo with the keyboard solo and then both guitar and keyboard playing at the same time. So thrilled to hear the whole album

I like the PV, but not really liked the song.

I really like MATENROUOPERA and do not want to leave the band let me down with this launch, I'm really looking forward to the album, but I'm starting to think that he will not be better than the release of the band while they were indies.

Sorry my bad english ...

Epic song all in all, just the chorus that is kind of weak.

Same here. It starts awesome and the build-up is great and then...it all comes to an end at a boring chorus which ruins the entire song. I hope the rest of the album is better.

Sign in to follow this