Sign in to follow this  
Takadanobabaalien

If you could...

BUCK-TICK: they have a big catalogue of diverse styles, and they pull (almost) everything off equally well. Plus, I think their style has enough in common with Western alternative stuff (but also lots of uniqueness) for first-time listeners not to be put off.

しゅ~ふるまぁ~じゅ. qt fun band.

Melt-Banana: easy listening, English lyrics, and really catchy tunes

. . . kidding

Maybe B'z, because their sound is influenced by lots of really popular Western bands (Aerosmith, etc.) and they have an awesome Grammy-winning guitarist.

BUCK-TICK: they have a big catalogue of diverse styles, and they pull (almost) everything off equally well. Plus, I think their style has enough in common with Western alternative stuff (but also lots of uniqueness) for first-time listeners not to be put off.

This.Even if I haven't listened to them that much recently,they are an amazing band.

Maybe I'd also recommend Boris but they have a lot of albums so I wouldn't know which one to recommend,lol

Midori

I have succeeded with "J-music infection" by recommending that to friends :3

Luna Sea

I know many "stadium rock" fans and they will surely love this band

9Goats Black Out

Why? Listen to them and get mesmerized by the magic of their sound!

La'cryma Christi

Exotic soundscapes...but I would have to make them newcomers stay away from their post-millennial albums :(

caliDOESNOTEQUALgari

Read 9gbo comment...

Depends what the person is into. If they're into Metal I'm not going to show them Aicle. With that said, Japanese metal bands have always been a safe to introduce to most people I know. Kuroageha, SEX MACHINEGUNS, Galneryus, DELUHI before they sucked, vellaDonna, sigh, Loudness etc etc.

BUCK-TICK GUNIW TOOLS: they have a big catalogue of diverse styles, and they pull (almost) everything off equally well. Plus, I think their style has enough in common with Western alternative stuff (but also lots of uniqueness) for first-time listeners not to be put off.

:D

D'espairsRay probably. Especially Coll:set. I think it's one of the best industrial metal albums ever... and plus, this band has been an important one in vk and "kinda" easy listening, compared to other bands.

Merry of course. Because they're very Japanese, yet don't truly belong to any scene. Their sound is kind of in between everything, but not random at all, because they know what they are doing. It's retro, yet modern. And nothing else sounds like it.

Seconding the Guniw Tools too, but they are long gone, so it's a bit outdated.

probably MUCC. They're accessible, make diverse music, but most of it doesn't sound like "western" stuff, but they're also not so foreign sounding that narrow-minded people will be turned completely off.

probably MUCC. They're accessible, make diverse music, but most of it doesn't sound like "western" stuff, but they're also not so foreign sounding that narrow-minded people will be turned completely off.

Pretty much this, I think especially Gokusai works very well, most people not familiar to Japanese music liked it when I played some songs to them.

Luna Sea

I know many "stadium rock" fans and they will surely love this band

9Goats Black Out

Why? Listen to them and get mesmerized by the magic of their sound!

La'cryma Christi

Exotic soundscapes...but I would have to make them newcomers stay away from their post-millennial albums :(

caliDOESNOTEQUALgari

Read 9gbo comment...

THIS!!!

Plus Sugar, because they're amazing at mixing in some jazz fusion & post-hardcore elements.

Well I guess I would have to go with what I've already done

Dog inthe pwo: well I mean come on idk it's just their songs are very cute...and I don't really think there are that many songs that sound like theirs from what people listen to where I live so this could give them something different

...although zoro would be easier for people to adjust to......

Guest Magatsu

Calmando Qual and Janne Da arc (including solo work) because they don't have enough fans even if they are making great music.

Guest mitsubana

I'd probably introduce my favorite bands...

ANSIA, Annabyss Coast, some 12012, then the bands a lot of people I've heard gotten into visual kei with (i.e. Dir en grey, X Japan, Luna Sea, etc.)

Sign in to follow this