Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

Post your Japanese all-time top 50 list!

The game is on! Just go to this nifty site, and compile a list of your 50 favorite Japanese releases (preferably albums or mini albums) of all time. If you're done you can save the list as an image file at the bottom of the page. Make sure to tick "Enable Album and Artist text" so we can see those artist names and titles! :)

I'm really curious to see everyone's all-time list. I think it will be a great way to share our different tastes, and quite possibly make others interested in some cool music (or just have one of those "ah how could I have forgotten that one?!" moments xD).

So come on, post away~ :D

Now this took quite a lot of time. Quite funny how if you asked me some years ago it would be just vk and metal, and now as I've been finding about japan's old stuff, I'm just in love with their pop music, specially 80s and early 90s.

By the way, the second-tier classics and other favorites mix up quite a lot. I was just trying to get everything my brain remembered me of. (The top 4 is exactly that way, though. 2 of them are singles just because they were never actually released on actual not-greatest hits albums)

I tried, but I couldn't get to 50 :( (at least, when I'm doing the one album per artist thing). Are J-Pop albums also allowed?

^ Any and all genres of Japanese music are allowed (pop, rock, electronic, hip-hop, etc). :) Also, you don't have to limit yourself to one album/artist if you don't wanna.

I've added some full & mini-albums to the list, apparently I don't have much albums of 2012 on my computer so I guess this is what I have. :P

df17379525342f810e00fe9.jpg

I've added some full & mini-albums to the list, apparently I don't have much albums of 2012 on my computer so I guess this is what I have. :P

It's not a list for 2012 though, but for your favorite releases ever - any year is okay! :)

...but good job with coming up with so much for this year. XD

Here's mine, I had a few problems finding jrock albums towards the end so I put in a few non japanese artists

messed up the sizing

63e9accc1ecb50e261d5b55c28aa3d72_zps694632df-1_zps9eb0b381.jpg

tumblr_mfnli2Hup31rhdl49o1_500.jpg

Not only was I surprised that I knew 50, but I actually had to weed some out! A lot of my favorite releases come from bands who don't even stick around long enough to put out a full album, so sticking to full lengths was a bit of a challenge at first.

Here's mine. The order within the 2nd and 3rd tier category is pretty random though, it would have taken too long to sort them properly.

I only included 1 album per artists btw, but I did include Best of and collection albums.

Sign in to follow this