Sign in to follow this  
Pandabear

Do You Believe?

In Aliens/Extraterrestrial Life?

grey_alien-2.jpgufo.jpg

I was always fascinated by the subject of aliens, UFO's, abductions and all that. Personally I do believe in aliens. Simply because of the fact that I find it hard to believe that in our giant universe and with all the billions and trillions of stars and planets, human beings are suppose to be the only intelligent lifeforms in existence. As to what they look like, or what their intentions are I can't say for certain and it's a moot point. I'm certain there are a lot of hoaxes on the subjects and UFO's sightings that really can be explained by atmospheric phenomenon or other simple explanations, but then there are strange cases of alien abductions/sightings that are quite compelling. Recently I've been in interested in the "Astronaut Theory". Here's a simple overview.

The Ancient Alien Astronauts Theory

Certain authors hypothesize that intelligent extraterrestrial beings called ancient astronauts or ancient aliens have visited Earth, and this contact is connected with the origins or development of human cultures, technologies, and religions. A common variant of the idea include proposals that deities from most, if not all, religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status.

These proposals have been popularized, particularly in the latter half of the 20th century, by writers Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin, Robert K. G. Temple, and David Icke.

Supposed UFO sightings

MzHs0evntb8

Some more supposed video footage recorded from NASA and Russian space stations and other craft, showing UFO'S.

WlLN_Jcg1pc

Do you believe? Or don't? Discuss.

Maybe, maybe not.

Some crop circles proven to be human made though.

But if they really exist, perhaps they just the same like us humans.

That visiting another planet for research :mrgreen:

But for now, i do not want to believe that Extra Terrestrial is a beast and

all those terrifying stories. Until proven true.

Yes, I believe there's a very high probability that some kind of extraterrestrial life indeed exists or has in the past. Considering the age and vastness of our Universe, it would be quite odd if there weren't more planets and planetary systems that could potentially sustain life in some form, and I'm not necessarily talking about the intelligent, technologically advanced kind.

When it comes to alien abductions, I remain extremely skeptical. I have no reason to believe that aliens have been consistently visiting this planet and abducting our fellow earthlings. Most evidence in support of this has been fabricated, the rest is simply wishful thinking.

Certain authors hypothesize that intelligent extraterrestrial beings called ancient astronauts or ancient aliens have visited Earth, and this contact is connected with the origins or development of human cultures, technologies, and religions. A common variant of the idea include proposals that deities from most, if not all, religions are actually extraterrestrials, and their technologies were taken as evidence of their divine status.

These proposals have been popularized, particularly in the latter half of the 20th century, by writers Erich von Däniken, Zecharia Sitchin, Robert K. G. Temple, and David Icke.

This, right here, is pseudoscience in its purest form. These people don't care about scientific integrity or intellectual honesty. They construct ludicrous theories, and then in order to make them sound more legitimate, they try to find evidence that fit their ideas. That's kind of super dishonest. :|

Just think about this logically.

If there soo many planets in our expanding universe. Then there is bound to be life else were as well. Just like our planet, we can be aliens to others.

Because if theres no life else where then what is the point of us even being alive in the universe. Its like finding at least a few good vk bands and all the rest sucking really bad.

Yes, but it's probably some fungi. Even if it's higher developed, it's not necesarily intelligent life. Intelligence is not the ultimate aim of all evolution. At best it's by-product. Life has existed on this planet for roughly 3.5 Billion years. From there it took almost 3 Billion years to develope some simple worms and invertebrates. If we define Homo erectus as the first intelligent being on earth, than intelligent life has existed on this planet for less than 2 million years, and for 99% of this time "intteligent" meant "being able to use simple stone tools and make fire".

Given that short span of existence of intelligent life on earth as opposed to non-intelligent life we can assume that intelligence is by no means a preferred evolutionary tactic. We can't even be sure if, in the long run, it will be a successful one. It just doesn't exist long enough to have proven its long-term performance.

So.... extra-terrestrial life? Yes.

Intelligent life? Maybe, but what are the odds that it exists at exactly the same moment as our short blink in time so far, is located close enough for interstellar travel and advanced enough to develope such technology in the first place?

UFOs, extraterrestrial visist: definitely no.

Katy Perry does. So do I.

Source

Also, to be serious, one of my favorite shows is "Ancient Aliens". One of the best freakin' shows i've ever watched.

Netflix for the win.

I don't believe in Aliens but I believe there is some kind of life outside our galaxy... Not necessary life in that type we're used to in our world...

I'm open to the possibility, but I still can't help but roll my eyes whenever someone brings up a new piece of "evidence." Somehow it always seems to fit the human-imagined/science fiction drama perception of extraterrestrial life (aliens, flying saucer space ships, and what not) which leaves me doubtful.

Yes, I believe there's a very high probability that some kind of extraterrestrial life indeed exists or has in the past. Considering the age and vastness of our Universe, it would be quite odd if there weren't more planets and planetary systems that could potentially sustain life in some form, and I'm not necessarily talking about the intelligent, technologically advanced kind.

When it comes to alien abductions, I remain extremely skeptical. I have no reason to believe that aliens have been consistently visiting this planet and abducting our fellow earthlings. Most evidence in support of this has been fabricated, the rest is simply wishful thinking.

This, right here, is pseudoscience in its purest form. These people don't care about scientific integrity or intellectual honesty. They construct ludicrous theories, and then in order to make them sound more legitimate, they try to find evidence that fit their ideas. That's kind of super dishonest. :|

This.

Extra-terrestrial life is indeed fully plausible but it also has the possibility to be improbable and rare. Just look at the fermi paradox, the size and age of the universe causes us to firmly believe that other intelligent life besides us has to exist and we have yet to contact or detect it with our obsolete, iron age technology yet on the other hand the initial gathering that intelligent life beyond our spectrum could be incorrect and technologically advanced intelligent life is extremely rare and less plausible than we initially figured thus humanities vision on extra-terrestrial life is stuck in limbo between the realms of believability and improbability.

I believe that something has to exist past the veil of our existence and past our comfort zone. The universe itself is so large that we're just a speck surrounded by billions and billions of other specks in a sea of infinity so who knows what is nestled in the darkest corners of the universe. We sure as hell don't, atleast not yet.

As for abductions and sightings I don't even give two shits about either of those as I think it's hokey backwater nonsense birthed from years of rampant creativity of the human brain yet it's still potentially possible. But I don't care, it's pants.

I'm extremely tired from doing 19 hours of gardening, weeding, hauling wood and building in two days so sorry if not a shred of this makes sense, I don't even care tbh lol.

Sign in to follow this