Sign in to follow this  
Augie1995

NEGA- FABLE IN THE COLD BED Single Review

Well, I love this single so far and I've only listened to the first 4 songs. I'll do a full review later when I finish. In the meantime, what does everyone think of this single....that has 8 songs xD

I've never been a a fan of this band, my music taste changed

alot since i tried them though, gonna give them a try later on.

EDIT: Tried them, dont like them.

Fable in the Cold Bed - Okay, so this is basically HEART with different stuff? It's good, but it's a single, so I'm expecting the next album to be better. Awkward transitions that Nega seems to think they can solve with a reversed WHOOSH noise, horrible sounding drums, but it's an okay song, just nothing special.

Vortical [E]motion - more or less what Perestroika set out to do. Perestroika is quite obviously completely useless and may have well been another Nega release period. It's good, more interesting than Fable, sad it probably won't be on an album.

Born - this is a recording, Dir en grey. A successful one. The structure is much better, the riffs are harder, and the old vocal melodies show what current Nega has been lacking. Is it just me, or have they toned down the triggers for this remake?

Ravait Red - fucking excellent. The original song kinda lacked, seeing as it was their second or third song written ever, but this version feels full and complete. Enjoyed it thoroughly - another good remake.

lover - this has to be the third time they've done this song, but it's still as good as before. Nothing else to say really, a decent remake which isn't amazing but is certainly no less impact-y than the original.

That Song From TFFOAJS I can't remember the name of - another interesting redo, throws me off a little bit vocally, but another good conversion. It feels a bit more coherent, and the guitar work is solid, good job San.

Nightmare - This is the shit. The start reminds me slightly of Korn's Blind's intro, but where the original Nightmare sounded like an intro, this one feels a bit more like a song. Very heavy, will sound great live I hope.

That Song From RUTC I can't remember the name of - an excellent song, which I can never remember after I've heard it xD The keyboards are much darker than before, and the playing is tighter. Basically like lover - not a major reconstruction job, but still no worse than the original. Again, triggers calm down?

Basically the new tracks are exactly what Perestroika did, so that hiatus seems like an absolute money chasing bleh. The remakes didn't disappoint me, as an oldschool fan with their entire disco to date on my own little Nega CD rack. I'll happily buy B and C to get these remakes, but not too interested in TWILIGHTFAHNZ PV.

7/10.

As the band said on their Cure interview, their new music featured a Nega + PERESTROIKA mixture. In fact, we can hear more electronic elements in their new songs, especially in the B-side.

FABLE IN THE COLD BED: I expected this song to be heavier, with more screams and with less clean vocals. It was ok... but nothing THAT special. Though I love the beginning. 7.5/10

VORTICAL [E]MOTION: I don't usually like rapping parts in vk, but hell, this was great. I like a lot the distorted chorus. I prefer this B-side than the title-track. Nice song. 8/10

BORN (re-recording ver.): I really don't like it. It's boring and the beginning is really... meh. The original song was WAY better. 5/10

ラヴェイトレッド (re-recording ver.): They improved the quality of the song, it's nice and Jin's vocals are much better here. 7/10

lover (re-recording ver.): same with ラヴェイトレッド. 7/10

被害妄想と記憶 (re-recording ver.): It didn't change that much. But I kinda prefer the original version. 6.5/10

nightmare (re-recording ver.): HERE WE GO. Best song of the single overall. Amazing mixture, it's like Jin is vomiting out all his pain. Gloomy and creepy. Perfect for NEGA. It represents them. I totally love it. 9.5/10

魂泪は紅い血に (re-recording ver.): 2nd best song of the single. I love the piano + vocal part. Amazing. 9/10

Overall: 7.5/10

I expected a little more with re-recording tracks, but overall it was a really nice single. I want to hear nightmare live, DEFINITELY.

As the band said on their Cure interview, their new music featured a Nega + PERESTROIKA mixture. In fact, we can hear more electronic elements in their new songs, especially in the B-side.

nightmare (re-recording ver.): HERE WE GO. Best song of the single overall. Amazing mixture, it's like Jin is vomiting out all his pain. Gloomy and creepy. Perfect for NEGA. It represents them. I totally love it. 9.5/10

魂泪は紅い血に (re-recording ver.): 2nd best song of the single. I love the piano + vocal part. Amazing. 9/10

I have to completely agree with those 2! And yeah, I could definitely hear the little synthetic parts that they used in PEREZTROIKA, Especially in their PAINZ mini

i went... when was the last time nega released something... then I remember, 'oh that revolution...'.

saying that, I absolutely thought this was awful. nightmare was the only acceptable song, the others were way too incoherent and over the place for me to endure.

lover and konrui weren't bad either, but then again... why should re-recordings deserve all the praise :/.

lol, there is no use of writing a full review, so

1: They destroyed "nightmare".

2: "BORN" was bad.

3: "被害妄想と記憶" had some good parts, but overall it was nothing good.

I wasn't too excited for this release, because since hole/dole they've just become worse. Either you make something more like "THE Faded Film of Japanese Sadness"/ "hole"/ "dole" or GTFO an keep doing that PERESTROIKA nonsense.

I have never been a fan of NEGA, but I decided to give this single a try anyway to see how I felt. The production is pretty good to give the drums and guitars some incredible punch, but the vocals ultimately kill the experience for me. This guys screams are terrible and his attempts at trying to be a halfway-competent vocalist are depressing.

This band would be much more enjoyable if their vocalist stepped it up and put out the effort, 3/10

Yes. Music was O.K

I like their direction witht his 3 types od CDs

They can play instruments alright, no questions there.

Especially with one of them being an ex member of A'Liene.

which have different songs in each of them.

But unfortunately Jin ruin it with his bland vocal.

Bland, cos all i hear he is only sing with only one same freaking tone in 8 freaking tracks, WTH man?!!

I must say Jin probably got the worst vocal in the industry.

Lucky their music was quite strong from letting me turn off by his "blergh" vocaru. x(

The only reason i put up with them is their music tbh.

They need to make vocalless tracks honestly.

And make Jin as a dancer or maracas player or something. :lol:

Fable in the cold bed: was ok, only liked the beginning

Vortical Emotion: don't like it, nothing special

- The rest of the remake of the mini-album was just terrible. I did not like. I prefer their older songs instead.

Born - is just a disaster compared to the orginal ones -

ラヴェイトレッド - could have been better

Lover - Okayish song compared to original

被害妄想と記憶 - they ruined my favorite song by them. The original is the best

nightmare: neither version is good!

魂泪は紅い血に - dont like this version.

Overall: 4/10...sadly i really used to like them back then!

Their music are still great although Perestroika influence in their music are kinda annoying...

I never liked Jin's voice... And this single making me hated his voice more and more over...

eh. Decent. Played it a couple of times. Deleted it.

Why is it that Jin sounded tolerable in the Perestroika side project, but doesn't all of a sudden when going back to Nega? -sigh-

i don't care what anyone says... i enjoyed it and i really liked the Pv :D

um..i'll give it... a 10/10

(hatersgonnahate) jin'svoiceisawesome...

I didn't know that 6 songs are only re-rocorded songs or even covers! So about it i don't wanna talk. What about original NEGA songs...

Fable In The Cold Bed - love the screamings at the beginning. I was quite disappointed when it turned out it'll be much softer than beginning. Nice Jin's voice, musically it's great, standard NEGA drums and riffs. Too soft for me. I expected something with more sreams, harder and even darker, but not this way. Overall, not that bad. 7/10

Vortical [E]motion - just had to play it once again, cos I didn't remember it at all. Too much electronics for me. They should rebuilt this song. It's annoying. It's not that Nega, which I knew from for example Grave Of The Sacrifice. The good part is a pre-chorus only. 5/10

As a summary I can say, they shouldn't have done hiatus for Perestroika. It's totally different and too much influence on their music. Maybe with next releases they'll change a little. We'll see.

I liked Fable in the cold bed and Nightmare rerecording

Lover hasn't changed that much

The rest is generic

7/10 - nothing against the vocals though, I'm a huge sucker for "bad" vocals (a la Kagerou's Daisuke and etc. ) :)

Finally got around to listening to this!

About the new songs: FABLE IN THE COLD BED is awesome, and VORTICAL [E]MOTION is growing on me too. At first it felt kinda weird at certain parts but I can't resist shouting backing vocals. xD

About the old songs: well, nothing amazing here, though I must admit that I like this new version of nightmare a bit better than the original. However, BORN doesn't feel as powerful as it should, it's pretty weak actually (but not bad). I didn't care much for the other songs anyway, so no comments there, kinda average.

Good returning single! I can't wait now for their new stuff at the end of the year. :)

Sign in to follow this