Sign in to follow this  
D.L.S

Aliene Maφriage

Aliene+Mariage++2009.jpg

Aliene Maφriage

Aliene Maφriage (1998-2001) was a visual kei band which belonged to the famous indie label Key Party. The band’s disctinct sound cannot be described with words - just like other Key Party bands they mixed various elements ranging from hard and rough chaotic punk to energetic industrial tracks to soft piano ballads, yet they managed to produce a very characteristic, one-of-a-kind sound which cannot be compared to any other band.

Line up:

Vocal: 狂?? (now in Chaos system)

Guitar: MAST (now in Lauder)

Bass: Ray (now in ??ガ(hiatus) and PERESTROIKA)

Official website: http://alienemariage.web.fc2.com/top.html

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/music/Aliene+Ma%CF%86riage

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I really like the Les Soirée albums, but 21st Century is good too.

I think they and Madeth gray'll were the first vk indies bands I listened to. Still like them a lot.

Too bad that Kyoka is only semi-active these days (release-wise anyway) and Ray is wasting his talent in Nega (don't like them....).

Kinda curious about Mast's new band, though his most recent projects and the other confirmed members don't exactly fill me with confidence...

The guitarist is from ?:Vout, I think (who I thought were pretty bad). The former vocalist of ?????? was the guest vocalist at their first live which again makes me kinda suspiscious.... But I still hope for the best. ^_^

Aliene was one of those early Visual bands I got into and I still love them very much!

During my early angsty high school days I only really liked heavy music and I had a pretty negative impression of Japanese rock. What people where showing me that was 'rock/metal' was poppy ballad stuff or Gackt so I thought all Japanese rock was sissy music LOL! Then I discovered Aliene along with several other heavy screamy noisy acts and totally turned me onto the music haha. Not all credit goes to Aliene but they helped me in changing my perspective that Japanese rock was pussy music LOL! <3 <3 <3

Some of my most prized Japanese CDs are Aliene items because their early releases where just so elaborate and cool! <3

They are also one of my first visual kei bands which I heard - and one of the reasons of my KEY PARTY fanaticism (I'm kinda cured right now).

Hm.

This band is a great band indeed.

And about the new acts, I like both Nega & chaos system.

I wonder when Lauder is releaseing something?

Something insanely cool would be a threeman tour.

Nega x Lauder x Chaos system.

And then, at some lives they would revive aliene for like 5 songs or something.

I'm sure they would get a fuckload of audience lol!

Well, they are also one of my favourite v系 bands, but I discovered them very late, after almost 3 years of true adoration of Japanese music (most of Arithmetica's "pussies"), and 5 years listening to various j-bands at all. This year's late spring, Aliene together with Eliphas Levi and few another old bands (Noir Fleurir, Missalina Rei, Madeth gray'll) seemed to me as revelation, epiphany. Their lyrical, or scenic conception, or how to call it, mentioned to incest relationships just moved me. Musically, I prefer their older releases, especially powerful, perfect "Les Soirée", both editions, as well like demo tapes. At this moment, alas, I have to say I didn't enjoyed "21st Century", but since this time, 2001 year, it looks like 狂?? has his own genre, style of music and after listening of next tapes and last two singles of Chaos system, I can think, he really consequently tries to realize and develop his ideas, as well as he's able to do it. This way, he never disappointed me and I can still tell that he's one of greatest Japanese vocalists. About rest of such talented musicians... I don't know Lauder, but I've been listening to few ??ガ tracks. At these times I didn't care, where Ray played before, but this music seemed to me even interesting. I just didn't have so much time, or some other reasons decided, actually I don't know ??ガ too well. This last thing still can be quickly fixed.

@Setsuna, I really admire Your Key Party "fanaticism", Your collection of CDs and Your website, that is really inspiring to discover next amazing bands and to transcribe their lyrics (I can just regret, You don't publish scans of albums as well like Arithmetica does). Your website is also very good place to me to look for proper informations about various old Japanese bands, especially other session projects of various musicians... And if I thought, You're also from Poland, just like me... then I'm completely full of respect.

Hm.

Something insanely cool would be a threeman tour.

Nega x Lauder x Chaos system.

I wonder, if such strange tour could even happen :D but honestly, one or two single live performances like that? Just like last Aliene revivals? Why not... there's only need to hope XD

@Setsuna, I really admire Your Key Party "fanaticism", Your collection of CDs and Your website, that is really inspiring to discover next amazing bands and to transcribe their lyrics (I can just regret, You don't publish scans of albums as well like Arithmetica does). Your website is also very good place to me to look for proper informations about various old Japanese bands, especially other session projects of various musicians... And if I thought, You're also from Poland, just like me... then I'm completely full of respect.

Woah... I see that after 2-3 months xDD

I'm really glad that someone from my own country (Poland) says so many nice words (especially about my poor fansite ^^'). Thank you.

There are people which have bigger collections than I... They could scan whole releases :P

I own a lot clippings, but unfortunately I don't know Japanese, so I won't put translations of interviews or lyrics on my fansite. But maybe I'll start scaning them instead of just single photos...

But... about Aliene Ma'riage topic...

I really don't like Nega... I don't really care about PERESTROIKA... well.. it looks that RAY won't create anything good in nearest future... sad :P

MAST is kinda... ghosty... he do something, but almost no one see/hear effects xD

I hope that Chaos System release more than 2 maxis... soon!

Love them, surely one of my favourite bands, Kyoka was just insane and his voice was incredible.

21st century is not so good (i don't like industrial rock/metal) bu the rest is just gold.

Epic Band (i love Key party mostly because of them)

Really? I love 21st Century! To each his own I guess.

It's mostly because of the industrial influence it has...The "aliene's syle" songs are ok.

And also the sounds, they're too muddy.

I liked that they evolved the sound and style (not all do that) but in the wrong direction, for me obviously.

I was never that fond of 21st Century either, except for "Kourin" and "Under the Rose Leaf". It's not a bad album and I don't mind the industrial style, but honestly - there are other bands that pull off that style better. They had - for their time - a somewhat unique sound going, but then replaced it with a much more generic industrial sound.

Also, while the older songs worked well enough with their relatively low production value, the sound they were aiming for on 21st Century would have needed better production, methinks.

Sign in to follow this