Sign in to follow this  
relentless

So what's the status on X Japan's new album?

Last I heard they were releasing it soon...but that was wayyy back in November? Or whenever they did their US tour. Does anyone know of any updates as to the release date / status of the album?

I'm kind of lost haha

They would've released the album summer 2010, lol.

The new song "Scarlet Love Song" is going to be released digitally on june 8th. And there will be some press conference on june 30th, before the Paris show. That's all we know.

My good friend was able to interview Yoshiki two weeks ago. Her word is that they're still recording but they're almost done with it (80-90% complete). I guess Sugizo being occupied with LUNA SEA revival and album contributed to a lot of the slowdown.

Also, inb4 "lolulie". I can go grab a pic if you want.

I remember reading another article last year which also stated it was 90% done.

Maybe it'll be released in 10 years from now and it would be called "X Japan Forever".

I do hope the album will come out eventually, no matter how bad it will be.

Esp. it is most awaited by many people, older fans mostly,

and will not have the same fate with another project of Yoshiki that gone out into the chasm of uncertainty with not even one single out but the preview on Myspace *cough*S.K.I.N*cough*

Knowing Yoshiki, I believe it will be a miracle if it get released before the year is over. However, I have doubts it will be another flop like the S.K.I.N. album.

The saddest thing is, that it will most likely be horrible and the Luna Seas return album will be great and is more likely to come out first also.

lol. this! Also sure Yoshiki will faint a few more times by the release of this album... if it is ever released...

I suspect X JAPAN's upcoming album will be like the Chinese Democracy of J-rock, lol.

Would be really really surprised if it's released this year. xD

^ lol that could be the right example xD

i hope it will still hot by that time of release.

Cos Chinese Democracy wasn't that hype.

i have no faith in it ever being released, x-japan has been a mess ever since the reunion. cancelling gigs and tours in the first 2 years. promising new stuff and all we heared are the dissapointing born to be free and jade. i think it was best if there was never a reunion in the first place.

and then again its really sad to see a band like luna sea do a reunion and succeed! with new live dvds, new album on the way, remaster of the first album wich turned out great. its just that yoshiki is much too busy with too much things

i have no faith in it ever being released, x-japan has been a mess ever since the reunion. cancelling gigs and tours in the first 2 years. promising new stuff and all we heared are the dissapointing born to be free and jade. i think it was best if there was never a reunion in the first place.

+10000000000000

and then again its really sad to see a band like luna sea do a reunion and succeed! with new live dvds, new album on the way, remaster of the first album wich turned out great. its just that yoshiki is much too busy with too much things

It also helps that one of the more definitive members of the band (hide) didn't pass away. I heard rumors that they were using some of hide's old guitar tracks for their reunion singles. REALLY? How are you using almost 20 year old riffs to release new music? Now that's not to say that these riffs are bad due to age, but if you're reuniting and that's what you do for your first single, something tells me Yoshiki doesn't have many ideas up his sleeve to begin with. Not to mention that all the output since they've reunited has been nothing short of atrocious, I have to agree with X-Marc. In my books, X-JAPAN was never anything special but this...this makes their at least respectable legacy laughable.

I'm not a fan of LUNA SEA either, but I can at least respect that when they decided to come together again and record music, they actually did something and have a game plan. Even if it was just a re-recording of their s/t, it's something much better than X has graced us with :\

I'm probably the only person here who actually liked "I.V.," all because it's the first song I've heard by them when I found them on iTunes and I didn't know that that's not what they actually sound like.

Even though I like some of their stuff (mostly their first album, then only the title tracks of their other two), I really can't say I'm anticipating this at all. To me, they're the epitome of the phrase "resting on their laurels" and all of their stans in the US buy it (hell, Yoshiki has even been on my local news station and even my father knows who he is now, and he can barely remember my name half the time). I guess what I'm afraid of is is the impending X fever in US, especially since they have strong connections here. I abhor people who claim they love stuff without knowing shit about it (like how their work with hide sounds dramatically different from their work after, or even knowing why they're important. I won't even humor the question of whether they know what visual-kei is or not).

Also, a cowboy hat? Seriously, stop that. Oh, it's a pirate hat. Slightly better.

It also helps that one of the more definitive members of the band (hide) didn't pass away. I heard rumors that they were using some of hide's old guitar tracks for their reunion singles.

If that rumor is true. . . 0___o

I mean, it is lame enough that the album is mostly going to be an all-Engrish best of (because apparently we don't have enough compilations or Engrish) now we're possibly LITERALLY recycling old riffs. Oh my gosh. > ___ >

They used an old guitar riff by hide for the song I.V., that's a fact.

No other material by hide has been used as far as I know.

I imagine with this news that the album will be released sometime this year. At this point the band has picked up momentum from their US tour and festival appearance, so I can picture Yoshiki really engaging more marketing (his last FM radio show) to get more support before they progress forward.

People may say they should never have come back...but the fact that their US tour was extremely successful which was surrounded with critical acclaim, Yoshiki and the rest of the band know that they have a chance to really break through into greater popularity overseas than previously.

If anyone can succeed in the US, it's Yoshiki. He's a very very smart guy despite being the butt of many jokes lately.

Since this thread is being bumped up again and no one is really posting about the new album, I'm going to suggest directing discussion about X Japan to their thread in the Artist section, just so that the conversation can stay in one place.

Thanks for cooperating.

Sign in to follow this