Sign in to follow this  
Jigsaw9

New MERRY single in October!

MERRY hasn't even released their latest, but already announced a new single: the CD will be called Crisis Moment, and will be released on October 6. It will come in two versions: CD and CD+DVD.

I personally cannot wait!!! :)

edit: Additional information according to CDJapan:

- limited edition DVD: a PV

- regular edition bonus track: Crisis Moment -unplugged version-

sounds good. monochrome was surprisingly interesting, still waiting for cry against [which sounded like the better of the two songs, sample wise vs full].

Guest 膣分泌液

At first I was like:

24fmfdx.gif2052m9w.jpg

But then I remembered Merry now are now on Free-Will and sound like Dir en Grey.

2wnpv8n.jpgxgiq2t.gif

They're not Dir en grey, and they're not even remotely similar, so. I'm looking forward to it.
I suppose the main argument is the fact they're on FIREWALL division, which Dir happens to occupy. Of course, there have been complaints the past 3 albums or so, so it does not really matter what people say about them or not these days. It's all redundant.

Didn't like Monochrome. Maybe Cry against... will restore my hopes, but meh. We will see.

FYI they don't sound like Dir en grey at all, their new look just has a similar feel to it.

Guest 膣分泌液
They're not Dir en grey, and they're not even remotely similar, so. I'm looking forward to it.
Well, they're not as bad as them yet, but the given direction they've been going in for the past few years I'm sure they will be soon :)

The Cry Against (the preview, have not heard the full thing yet) felt a little Dir en grey influenced. But since when is that a disaster? Influenced does not mean a copy. They still have their own MERRY style and sound. So there's nothing to worry about IMO.

Really looking forward to anything they will release.

Additional information according to CDJapan:

- limited edition DVD: a PV

- regular edition bonus track: Crisis Moment -unplugged version-

At first I was like:

24fmfdx.gif2052m9w.jpg

But then I remembered Merry now are now on Free-Will and sound like Dir en Grey.

2wnpv8n.jpgxgiq2t.gif

This.

Monochrome was just horrible. That doesn't fit in Merry I know. What a pity. DD:

Details for new single

Limited Edition (CD+DVD)

SFCD-0072?73??1,890 (tax in)

01. ????????? (Crisis Moment)

02. Fleeting Prayer

--DVD DISC--

????????? (MUSIC VIDEO) (Crisis Moment)

?

Regular Edition (CD-only)

SFCD-0074??1,260 (tax in)

01. ????????? (Crisis Moment)

02. Fleeting Prayer

03. ????????? -UNPLUGGED- (Crisis Moment -UNPLUGGED-)

Oh fuck! That sounds WAY better than the last single, and I absolutely LOVED the last single. That sounds nothing but amazing, amazing and a-fuckin-mazing!

After hearing the last single and this preview I just can't wait for another full lenght by these geniuses! Can't fucking wait!

I didn't like cry against, but this one was much more epic when I first heard it the other day, and I hope the b-side is as good as monochrome!

also, crisis is perfect for that unplugged version ;), unless that ends up utterly boring... [kind of how I felt about RES' secret scars unplugged :/]

also, crisis is perfect for that unplugged version ;), unless that ends up utterly boring...

I considered that as well for a second and then remembered this is Merry we're talking about. Gara could sing Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star a cappella and it still wouldn't be boring. Just take that acoustic Tick-Tock from last Christmas for example.

I've listened to this song like 1000 times by now and it still takes my breath away. Can't believe we still have Fleeting prayer and the unplugged and the live footage from August to look forward to. I feel so spoiled again. Merry, why you so good to me?

it's just that I don't want them to try to tame themselves, that'll take everything away, though I don't think Gara can tame himself, so that's a good thing :]

really curious about how the album will sound [february release perhaps? probably not that far away], it seems like it will be MUCH better than underworld... [though I don't think there'll be another gekkisei... unfortunately.]

Sign in to follow this