Sign in to follow this  
evilcoconut

Thai music

So I've been really into Thai music of late. Their pop is kinda crappy (except K-OTIC), but they have some really awesome rock bands. Big Ass, Bodyslam, Ebola, Brand New Sunset, Slur, Tattoo Colour, Flure, Moderndog, Musketeers and Slot Machine have particularly caught my interest Anyone else into Thai music and have some bands to share?

From what you listed I already know Bodyslam (my favorite :wub: ), Tatto Colour and Big Ass (hmm, didn't listened them yet though :D)...

AB NORMAL are pretty good too...

wow, I found even video :D

2ionwm445oE

I didn't discovered Thai scene thoroughly yet.. so far the bands I discovered are good relaxing rock, not too often have mood for it :D

/thai bands have the most craziest names I've ever seen in so big amount :D

i only know one and one only, Tata Young.

It is very embarassing cuz i didnt even like her.

But she was having her last 2 albums going regional, all over South East Asia, you see.

So i heard her often during my annual visit to SEA, totally everywhere, on the radio and MTV SEA.

Esp Sexy, Naughty, Bitchy and El Niño.

So often that i felt like am going to vomit and the vomit would be like tabs of those two songs lol

srsly -___-;

what i found interesting was she wasnt to hyped up when i got my ass in Thailand, not even a single music video! And mind you, that was in the same month! So funny xD

Retrospect and Sweet Mullet!

Especially Retrospect. I own all of their Live DVD's and they're awesome :P Third album was crappy for me, but they're already working on a new one. Singer can scream like crazy :s

c9niPxlklpI

-iWH1Vxz3Z0

Sweet Mullet covered some old school Thai pop song a few years ago. It's hilarious.

MgoGEJvd4Sg

^I got everything, if there's anything you need? Even ripped their live dvd into MP3 just because it's that awesome :P haha

^I got everything, if there's anything you need? Even ripped their live dvd into MP3 just because it's that awesome :P haha

They have three albums and an EP right? If so I have everything. If not...fill me in?

Three albums, 2 eps I believe (though you can't find the first one :P) and a few live DVD's. Got the audio rips from that as well... Those DVD's are awesome... really... 5 year old kid screaming along :P

Recently I didn't listen to Thai Music anymore (even I'm in Thailand -w-;)

Some I suggest are:

BodySlam,

Ebola,

Potato,

Clash < officially disbanded this year

Big Ass,

Tatoo Color,

Silly Fool < before they change their vocalist...

Da from Endrophine (female vocalist I love her voice)

Thaitanium

try out Loveis or Bakery Music (Boyd, B5 and all they're not rock but some kind of warm-hearted music)

Sooo, any of you guys listen to Thai music or are interested in it?

How did I start listening to Thai music? Well, it's simple.
I liked Anime at first, so I listened to Japanese music.
I liked Thai food later on, so I was like why not, let's try some Thai music, too.

That said, I'm greatly satisfied with the way some Thai bands are moving the scene.
Honestly, Thai groups in general have a sick fetish for ballads, and it's just boring after the first
minute of the first song

But like I said, some bands are not following that theme and making their mark in the Thai music industry at the same time

I wont list any bands for now, but if anyone's interested- let me know somehow and we'll get sharing in here~

Not trying to sound rude, but in general the thai language just sounds like ass to me, I couldn't really get into their scene.  I do like the rapper Thaitanium tho.

Sign in to follow this