Sign in to follow this  
zerodrive

Zill of Moran passes away

Word has just reached us that Zill, bassist for Moran, has passed away on Friday, July 23rd.

Zill was also known as ?? (Minami), bassist for Cynical Biscuit, and as ?? (Saburo), bassist for KuRt.

Below is a translation of the family’s message posted by Soan, Moran’s drummer, on his blog.

To all supporters of Zill and Moran,

As of July 23rd, Zill of Moran has passed away due to deteriorating physical conditions.

We apologize from the bottom of our hearts for all the worry and trouble this has caused all fans and everyone concerned.

The wake and the funeral is planned to be held among relatives only.

We give our most heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has supported Zill, even then as Minami and Saburo.

Thank you very much.

And below is a message from Moran’s members and staff:

Zill, bassist for Moran, has been laid to eternal rest on July 23rd.

To everyone who has supported Zill and Moran, we regret to announce this news.

We had planned on resuming our activities by the end of this year. All of us cannot hide our overwhelming emotion at his death.

We had scheduled to begin our one man tour, ?Freeze?, at Nagoya Bottom Line on August 9th, but due to this, our plans have become completely undecided.

As the dates draw near, we hope to discuss this among us and release an official announcement at the soonest possible time.

We give you our utmost gratitude from the bottom of our hearts.

The entry has also stated that the news was first posted on Soan’s blog before any updates were made on the official website.

We offer our deepest condolences to Zill’s family, friends, and fans.

Rest in peace, Zill.

Source: Soan’s blog

Credit : http://shattered-tranquility.net

What the hell is going on lately? He was only having some minor health problems, but now this happens. R.I.P Zill :(

Okay, how many bassists have died, just in this past year?

This would be at least the third!

I've never heard of so many young people just keeling over one day, in all the western bands I listen to. What the fucking fuck is going on?

Also, it always makes me uncomfortable how the people blogging deal with these situations.

It's always "we made you fans worry. We're so sorry. Please forgive us that he died!"

I don't know... It's strange to me how unemotional they can be.

Also, it always makes me uncomfortable how the people blogging deal with these situations.

It's always "we made you fans worry. We're so sorry. Please forgive us that he died!"

It could be the sincerity or the sorrow is lost in translation; it could be an intrinsic need to be polite. And who knows, exactly, what to say or how to address fans when someone they're close to dies? I mean, we say "I'm sorry" too. Finding the words, especially a day after a death, is tricky.

It doesn't neccessarily mean they're not emotional, though. Hell, some of the blogs about Daisuke's death were wholly depressing.

It could be the sincerity or the sorrow is lost in translation; it could be an intrinsic need to be polite. And who knows, exactly, what to say or how to address fans when someone they're close to dies? I mean, we say "I'm sorry" too. Finding the words, especially a day after a death, is tricky.

It doesn't neccessarily mean they're not emotional, though. Hell, some of the blogs about Daisuke's death were wholly depressing.

That's true. I guess I was only really referring to these initial "announcements" being so clinical.

The personal blogs that come afterward are more emotional.

Never listened to his bands, but shit sucks. Many known musicians died lately. But what can you say, it's just life. And I think it's just a custom in Japan how to announce these things.

What the hell is going on lately? R.I.P Zill :(

this

i was thinking this too. people seem so unemotional there

everytime !?

edit : i just saw the answer above

Guest 膣分泌液

inb4 WHY IS EVERYONE DYING/FUCK YOU 2010 (no? dammit.)

That said, RIP Zill, loved Moran, didn't see this coming at all.

Edit: God the comments on Shattered-tranquility, swear you need a lobotomy to post on that site.

Sad news. I remember liking Moran back in the days. Well, may he rest in peace.

It could do. If Jasmine You counts. Don't remember if that was 2010 or not, but it wasn't THAT long ago either.

EDIT: Eh, August last year. Thought it was closer than that. Then again it didn't leave much of an impression on me in the first place.

Didn't that guy from Gakidou or whatever the band name is die earlier this year? It caused a pretty big commotion too somehow.

Sign in to follow this