Sign in to follow this  
ramrod

Why is this fandom so fucked?

That very picture is the reason why I don't say I listen to visual kei as much as I say "I listen to Japanese music" or "I listen to music from all over the globe". It's embarrassing to be associated with people like them. It's OK to be a fan of whatever it is you listen to but there's a difference between enthusiasm and pointless imitation and every person in that pic has gone so far past the latter I have no words to describe how pathetic their existence must be.

I've got friends up here that when I first told them went "LOL ANIME MUSIC". All those people do is reinforce the stereotypes. It took two years to tear that down somewhat.

Also, everyone in that picture discovered visual kei two weeks ago and thinks trading mindless American music for mindless Japanese music is an improvement overall. Approximately half of them will soon get tired of visual kei given a year and transition to mindless Korean music.

Cannot agree more, such a bunch of inbred babies make us, Japanese music fans, look bad. I listen to a band because of music that the band is making. That's why I'm actually giving up Visual Kei. Maybe they're still some good ones, but If you guys feel like hide your music taste, or ashamed of saying that you like VK I can give you all one wise advise: "Break this generic VK border!" Trust me guys, all this "super-kawaii" bullshit DOES NOT represent Japan at all. It's a total stereotype. There is a huge amount normal good Japanese bands, but these so-called weeaboos seem to have no bloody idea about that.

I love japanese music because they have visual kei instead of normal americanized rock music

I cant wait to move to japan and be a visual kei musician and be famous

Well, I don't want to make u wrong, but there are a lot of Japanese bands who have nothing to do with Visual Kei. For example, I listen to such a bands, and it turns that VK is just a minority of the Japanese music industry 8)

im moving to japan and becoming a famous magna artist i could do it i have a deviantart and all

Well, I don't want to make u wrong, but there are a lot of Japanese bands who have nothing to do with Visual Kei. For example, I listen to such a bands, and it turns that VK is just a minority of the Japanese music industry 8)

:staru:

Cannot agree more, such a bunch of inbred babies make us, Japanese music fans, look bad. I listen to a band because of music that the band is making. That's why I'm actually giving up Visual Kei. Maybe they're still some good ones, but If you guys feel like hide your music taste, or ashamed of saying that you like VK I can give you all one wise advise: "Break this generic VK border!" Trust me guys, all this "super-kawaii" bullshit DOES NOT represent Japan at all. It's a total stereotype. There is a huge amount normal good Japanese bands, but these so-called weeaboos seem to have no bloody idea about that.

before you know it 99% of people that got introduced and gets into Japanese music are coming from Anime song themes.

We cannot really blame peoples really, since the Anime and manga industry is one of the largest commodity from Japan that got exported worldwide. Maybe need to think twice to say VK is a stereotype. They're not, they're pretty obscure actually, even in Japan. Not many people familiar with smaller indie bands. And they would started their career from playing in live houses too, just like non VK Japanese Rock band did and all Major bandsboth VK and non VK were starting from that stage as well, which is equal with small ugly pubs in Western world. And only a handful of bands that gets manufactured will known nationwide or at least better than they were. And rocking stadiums and concert halls.

And on why people that not familiar with it would stereotype VK with LOL Anime as mentioned, that because most VK singers have that hair cut like the one in anime. All the pretty boys. Though some J-Pop singers have this kind of hair cut too.

But in all seriousness, if you really only hear and care about the music, you wouldn't mind every gimmicks there is or even image of the VK itself, and would not let that annoy you, would you? :)

cos to be honest, there is some decent bands within VK that got booed off because LOLTHEYWEARMAKEUPANDACTINGKAWAII, by some people like you, which is too bad. Really.

Just like i said on my previous post, it is only in the mind, if you let little things like some fanatics and fandom ruin your enjoyment in listening music, then it will actually annoy you and vice versa.

Cos like i said earlier, as far as music goes, there WILL be fandoms. Either it's indie, major, any genres of music, any ideology, etc.

So it is not limited to VK. Look at ravers, they have their own style, gimmick and all. Or Punk or grunge, or anyother genres too, even Jazz and some more serious and cool shit. All have their own fandom. So just give them a break.

And just listens to the music, if that what you really care for.

given that, i question again, if you really did only care about the music?

I love japanese music because they have visual kei instead of normal americanized rock music

and looks like someone doesn't get the sarcasm :mrgreen:

looks like someone doesn't get the sarcasm :mrgreen:

judging people is fun and we all do it

May I add, especially when you live in a poor Russian village.

Please be kind. The scars of Soviet rule run deep. Nekkichi is not to be blamed for her severe mental issues.

judging people is fun and we all do it

Please be kind. The scars of Soviet rule run deep. Nekkichi is not to be blamed for her severe mental issues.

:hug:

Geee, a basement dweller trying to be BITTER and WITTY. Right here.

You're going way too personal for a recently holocausted grammar nazi. ♥

You wanna know why this fandom is fucked? Read the last few posts above me. At least the Kawai-Neko-chan-brigade isn't being dicks because they think it makes them look cool. Locked. And you're all getting a warning as well.