Sign in to follow this  
hyuhin

Bidding for Yoshiki’s crystal piano passes 6 Billion yen!

We reported earlier that X JAPAN member Yoshiki donated his crystal piano to support the recent earthquake in Japan. The piano auction is part of the charity foundation called “Yoshiki Foundation America?? which has attracted numerous bidders.

Currently there are a total 147 bids and an amount exceeding 6 Billion Yen. With the current currency exchange, 6 Billion yen would be the equivalent of 72 Million USD. For more information on how to donate or participate in the charity auctions, visit the “Yoshiki Foundation America?? homepage: http://www.yoshikifoundationamerica.org/

Source

a lot of zeros, me feel dizzy @_@

hope those big chunks of ¥ are really goes for charity than for funding his label or something.

If only my Dad is an Roman Abramovic or Bill Gates, i'd love to have that piano.

/dream on

wow! holland did a charity event that raised 6 million euros, his piano alone is more then an entire country hahahahXD

that is sick!

It's for a good cause, so who cares if it's his own bid or not.

This.

I am curious, though, whether it's a diehard fan purchasing this (and if that's the case - how do they have so much money?), another musician who is well off and happens to be a fan, a random pianist who wants a crystal piano and is happy to donate millions to charity... It's really quite amazing!

It's for a good cause, so who cares if it's his own bid or not.

This.

I am curious, though, whether it's a diehard fan purchasing this (and if that's the case - how do they have so much money?), another musician who is well off and happens to be a fan, a random pianist who wants a crystal piano and is happy to donate millions to charity... It's really quite amazing!

:hyper:

I can imagine it's his own bid. I doubt that there's a multi millionaire with that much money that is a die-hard X Japan fan.

"Raising" that much money for his piano is probably some publicity stunt which is really newsworthy. Yoshiki wouldn't do something like this unless he was getting something of even more value out of it.

Umm, btw people, the article says "Currently there are a total 147 bids and an amount exceeding 6 Billion Yen." If I read that correctly, the 6 Billion Yen isn't the highest single bid, but the amount of all bids combined.

I can imagine it's his own bid. I doubt that there's a multi millionaire with that much money that is a die-hard X Japan fan.

"Raising" that much money for his piano is probably some publicity stunt which is really newsworthy. Yoshiki wouldn't do something like this unless he was getting something of even more value out of it.

Yoshiki might be an egomaniacal douche, but he's no idiot. This is major news, he wouldn't be stupid enough to commit money laundering like that.

we may never know, but there is always possibilities.

Maybe it is some major Japanophile Hollywood star that purchase it under pseudonysm. Yoshiki and X Japan isn't that obscure tbh.

Esp. He was invited and attending Grammy and shit, no obscure musicians and producers that would have this kind of chance.

Umm, btw people, the article says "Currently there are a total 147 bids and an amount exceeding 6 Billion Yen." If I read that correctly, the 6 Billion Yen isn't the highest single bid, but the amount of all bids combined.

Nah, it's not a combined total of all bids. The single highest bid is over 6 billion yen:

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au ... fa_charity

Bid history:

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/sh ... fa_charity

Sign in to follow this