Sign in to follow this  
hyuhin

Bidding for Yoshiki’s crystal piano passes 6 Billion yen!

^

Actually, no. It's over 72 million dollars. I'm sure it's a mistake. Or troll. It has to be.

how can that be 72 if $1 roughly equals 100 yen?

...Not sure if serious? But you had the answer already, here, maybe you'll notice it now?

The current rate is $1 = 82.43円.

Geez, didn't/don't you people have math or Economy or something in school?

...Not sure if serious? But you had the answer already, here, maybe you'll notice it now?

The current rate is $1 = 82.43円.

Geez, didn't/don't you people have math or Economy or something in school?

Thanks for the lecture.

what i am trying to understand is,

they stop the auction for awhile to see if the latest bid with gigantic amount is legit.

correct?

Yoshiki is a giant attention whore and this bid is SO fake. There is no way that someone would ever bid that much, yet alone even close to that. If my memory serves me right, the most ever paid for a musical instrument at auction was $3.3mil. I would be shocked if this piano even surpassed that. I wish Yoshiki would have just have shut his mouth and donated out of his own pocket instead of doing this whole publicity stunt.

So the 6 billion was indeed a fake.

This is from tokyohive.

By April 21st, the bidder responsible for the 6 million yen bid had been found, and the extremely high bid was discovered to be a very expensive prank.

Due to the extremely high price of the item, Yahoo! had temporarily suspended the auction to investigate the bidder’s credibility. Once the fake bids had been weeded out, the price of the piano dropped to 53,057,000 yen (~$650,000). The auction is scheduled to end on the night of April 24th with 100% of the money earned going to the Japanese Red Cross to support earthquake and tsunami disaster relief efforts.

Sign in to follow this