Sign in to follow this  
Seraphinne

Boris European Tour

Boris will be co-headlining a European tour together with new label mates Russian Circles this Summer. Below are just a few of the dates announced so far.

BORIS & RUSSIAN CIRCLES EUROPEAN SUMMER TOUR 2011

June 17 - Tilburg, Netherlands @ 013 Popcentrum

June 18 - Brugge, Belgium @ Entrepot

June 19 - London, UK @ ULU

June 20 - Manchester, UK @ Islington Mill

June 21 - Bristol, UK @ The Fleece

June 22 - Paris, France @ La Maroquinerie

June 24 - Madrid, Spain @ Caracol

June 28 - Barcelona, Spain @ Apolo 2

June 30 - Zurich, Switzerland @ Rote Fabrik

July 01 - Karlsruhe, Germany @ Jubez

July 02 - Munich, Germany @ Feierwerk

July 07 - Vienna, Austria @ Arena Vienna

July 08 - Leipzig, Germany @ UT Connewitz

July 09 - Prague, Czech @ Matrix Klub

July 10 - Berlin, Germany @ Festsaal Kreuzberg

July 11 - Hamburg, Germany @ HafenKlang

July 13 - Oslo, Norway @ John Dee

July 14 - Stockholm, Sweden @ The Strand

July 16 - Dortmund, Germany @ FZW

July 17 - Dour, Belgium @ Dour Festival

Source: http://borisheavyrocks.tumblr.com/

Tilburg isn't exactly around the corner for me , and I'm not that big a fan of Boris anymore...

I'm going to the Vienna gig with one or two friends... did like their show a lot last time (at another venue), but their style can vary pretty much so I'm curious (in a good way)...

Lovely! Can't say I love the date, but I am going this time as well. Amazing liveband!

No Hungary, so no Boris for me.

One more gig added to their calendar:

2011/07/22 - Budapest, Dürer Kert - Boris (JP), Saade (CZ).

:rawk:

Not a fan, but... there's also an Italian date in a festival:

2011/07/05 - Milan @ MIODI 2011 with Eyehategod, Russian Circles, Kylesa, Church of Misery, CIVIL CIVIC, The Secret, Valerian Swing, Saade, Midryasi, Hungry Like Rakovitz, Derma, Devoggol, Dogs for Breakfast and nashwuah

Yes. Out of the 150-200+ bands that I have seen live now, theres no doubt that Boris are the best one.

Setlist at Hungary:

Riot Sugar

Statement

Attention Please

Party Boy

Flare

Spoon

Missing Pieces

Window Shopping

Pink

Aileron

First of all, Aileron was a real monster, they took that song to a whole new level, it was nearly a Neurosis-like monster song. I still can't believe how hard and heavy that song was, a real killer. It was a good thing, that they give a taste of nearly every aspect of their music from the Sunn O))) like slow doom-drone-feedback riffing to the quick, punkish hard rock songs. I was a bit afraid how the new songs will sound, but I must tell, that they sound a lot better at live. Flare was godly, totally one of the best moments of the concert, loved that riffs! But all of the songs sounded much better compared to the CD version. Michio Kurihara also played with the band, and god, his short jamming (If I'm right, at the end of Window Shopping) was seriously awesome - and he signed my ticket, haha! The band wasn't too communicative on stage, but before the concert, they had a coffee, and you could go to them, talk with them and have your ticket signed, they were very nice - and Atsou wore a Converge T-shirt! He was also great on stage, he was so energetic and crazy, not only drumming but hitting a gong, that hes was kinda the star of the show. They sounded mostly okay, only their singing could have been more louder, because except their more laid-back songs (for example Party Boy), you couldn't really hear them singing. It was a good thing, that the show consisted of 'blocks' (that's why there are gaps in the tracklist), because this way, they didn't slow down with a slower songs between two fast songs - especially the way they jumped from 'Missing Pieces' to 'Window Shopping' was awesome, great psychidelic soundscapes. An of course, Wata was like a rock'n'roll queen. ;3

I can only encourage everybody to go and check them out on this tour; maybe the tracklist isn't the best (I could imagine a better tracklist, yes, and it's a shame that they didn't played Blackout), but they are an absolutely great band on stage, and at live, they take the songs to a whole new level. Great great great.

Oh, about the merch. As far as I can remember, they brought CDs (they costed 15 euro), DVDs (Live In Japan, for example, I think they were 15 euro too), badanas (it was around 5 euro with an Attention Please promo pic on it), many T-shirts (25 euro), bag (6 euro) with a Heavy Rocks cover on it - and they also brought some Saade merch with them.

No Czechoslovakia or Blackout makes me a little sad, but they threw 1970 in there so it's OK. Glad to hear you had a good time! :D

No Czechoslovakia or Blackout makes me a little sad, but they threw 1970 in there so it's OK. Glad to hear you had a good time! :D

Yes, I also missed Blackout (and Woman On The Screen, and so on), but that closing with 'Aileron' made me forget about it. There were a small crowd (about 70 people), but damn, you could see all of them headbanging and bowing to that song. It was a real killer, like a kraken, that pulls you down to the deepest places of the ocean, simply HEAVY. And yeah, it was awesome, I still have a pain in my neck from headbanging so much.

Sign in to follow this