Sign in to follow this  
Champ213

Tenhi (Folk/Neofolk)

Because they need more love.

Tenhi+Rannalta.jpg

OHP

Tenhi is a Finnish band formed in 1996, playing neofolk music which is truly the only one of its kind; a very minimalistic music with melancholic, cold and dark atmospheres from Finland.

Somehow, the rhythm of instrument lines follow the customs of modern rock music. The melodical instruments and vocals are however very heavily folk-influenced. The basic instrumentation of the band consists of acoustic guitar, bass and drums. Frequent additional instruments include piano, violin, viola and flute and less frequent didgeridoo, mouth harp, harmonium, cello, udu and synthesizer.

ORBaYeLlRKs

ti7AGjvGcn0

Just beautiful music!

They are currently working on a new album, which was supposed to be reelased in summer 2010. In October 2010 they said on their website they need to make some "final touches" to it which could "take some time". But I hope it will be here this sumemr. :hyper:

So... any other fans?

Been a fan for several years, of course. Amazing band!

Yeah, it seems it finally comes out after all. Was supposed to be released in summer 2010, and it seems to be finally ready now. :hyper:

No release date so far, though, I think.

Nice cover art , that boat is a called church boat and its a wery old.

I wanna tracklist , NOW

Oh man , I'm speechless now

Awesome video , its kinda big piece of artwork and song is so chill

Apparently the release date has been pushed back to December 2nd according to their label Prophecy.

http://www.prophecy.de/front_content.ph ... =1028#1028

Either way, I pre-ordered the CD at Phropecy's webstore, I hope it will arrive quickly after release. If it's not on the net by the time I get it, I can hook up anyone who's interested.

The album is officially out now. My copy arrived yesterday and I refrained from listening to any leaks or rips from the internet before I got it.

Anyway, it's as beautiful as I imagined. :hyper: Just the right music for this time of year. Pojan Kiiski is my favourite song from the album so far.

Yes, it was this one:

diIyLIFgH24

I would say that quality-wise the albums Väre, Maaät and Saivo (the latest) are all pretty much on the same level and similar in style. But if you were to check them out, I would probably recommend Maaät, I guess it's the easiest to get into. Although this isn't the kind of music that always kicks in at first listen. When I first listened to Tenhi I was immediately drawn to the music, but it took me a while to get really into it.

Sign in to follow this