Sign in to follow this  
Guest 膣分泌液

Music and seasons

Anyone else do seasonal playlists? Pretty much every season apart from Spring is easy to do, and it's here. Any suggestions for artists?

Current roster is Merry ('cept the 2010- merry who suck), Fanatic<>Crisis, Eins:Vier and Tokyo Jihen. Only artists I can think of currently whose music just has that feel. Just want it to be summer already so I can get a tan whilst blazed and listening to Pe'z, suga shikao and hondalady.

Forgot Tacica:

u0kTKYnzP0o

That just says spring to me.

I don't really have songs that express a season, but for some reason I really like listening D's 7th Rose album during spring. Especially 13gatsu no Yumemi Oka gives off that "it's finally spring!" feeling. Darker songs are usually more listenable in the winter, but I like listening upbeat music in the summer (like D=OUT)

Interesting thread topic, hm. No specific songs, mostly certain bands in general.

In fall I definitely play a lot of hard rock, punk, and heavy metal stuff because those time periods have always been the start of football season (for America) and that's good "pump-up" music: Anthem, Grand Slam, B'z, D.T.R., The Stalin, Loudness, Dead End, Blindman, Eizo Sakamoto, Tourniquet, and Galneryus (with Yama-B, of course).

For summer, The Yellow Monkey and Blankey Jet City are good bands because they have that "surfer" feel that reminds me of that season. Fast "SK8" music like Sunsgrind is also very fitting. Number Girl, Vola, Melt-Banana, Eastern Youth, Andymori, and other indie bands set me in a summery mood as well.

In winter I listen to more of the "weird" metal and visual kei music with darker tones: indie Kuroyume, D'espairsRay, Versailles, Unwound, Boris, Sigh, X Japantz ballads, Seventh Angel, Kekal, and Spiral Chord.

Luna Sea puts me in the mood for spring most of all. I also enjoy some twinkly post-emo music like onsa, Bluebeard, and As Meias too.

Lolita23q is a summer must-have for me as well. I prefer the songs with Sou over Soshi in that season, because it gives off a more "summer-like" vibe.

I'd probably put these songs on a spring playlist...yay or nay, herpsauce?

A7eNaK0vRhw

5hFPK8v6za8

I listen to more metal in the winter definitely, but in the summer i prefer shorter and " easier " songs that fit the mood. Thrash/blackthrash is the best kind of metal in the summer though :D Epic music for drinking and spending time. If i'm in the buss, tram, subway or just walking around in the city, then something like Deerhunter is great for me.

Guess i'm generally in a better mood during summer... I really hate the cold and dressing up hundred pounds of clothing just to go to the store. That apparently reflects to my listening habit's :D

One of my most listened albums of this winter, was Jedi Mind Trick's Violent By Design, which i always listened to when i went out to eat. It's more subtle than their newer stuff and arguably it's their best work. It's dark, and darknesssadnessgriefpainbloodtears = winter.

I haven't made a single playlist in my entire life.

I'd probably put these songs on a spring playlist...yay or nay, herpsauce?

Shinichi osawa is a god and should be on every playlist.

Apparently, 199X = Spring :D

Deffffinitely agreed with Raphael, all their songs are just so full of life and ~spring~.

Orivia Flowers For...

Spring~ :llama:

I did not know there was a kote band called Orivia LOL! Years ago on Soul Seek I tried to download that band and ended up with an Olivia Lufkin album LOL! I was really turned off by it because I ended up with this song which even now I still dislike.

But I just tried this song and this is a much better improvement over Spiderspin.

GLmkM-lqn5g

Orivia Flowers For...

Spring~ :llama:

I did not know there was a kote band called Orivia LOL! Years ago on Soul Seek I tried to download that band and ended up with an Olivia Lufkin album LOL! I was really turned off by it because I ended up with this song which even now I still dislike.

Ahh yeah, vk orivia rocks! 8)

I can see why you were disapointed with getting that other song though, lol :llama:

EDIT: Herpes, as for Raphael ??夜曲~悲愴~ is an ultimate spring song. The guitars are so amazing.

Actually, no. Just know about this when reading this topic.

Usually only listens music depends on my mood. Something usual :mrgreen:

but i am wondering some britpop like SUEDE would feel so good for Spring.

While something more cheerful and festive like Conga by Gloria Estefan or

Burdnt Jam/Season In The Sun by Weezer or

Vacation by Vitamin C (lol pokemon movie soundtrack is the best) will sounds fit for Summer, holiday vacation time!

I do have some albums that I play alot mor during some seasons, even though the albums itself are just as good no matter what season it is. It's just the feeling the albums create and walking around in that season.

Winter:

Paysage d'Hiver - Everything

Immortal - Everything (except for the last one which I never listen to)

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symphonia

Autumn:

Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

Summer:

Summoning - Oath Bound

The Devil's Blood - Everything

Those albums I always play even more during those seasons and the only one I can think of at the moment.

A little off topic, but I guess it almost fit into this thread. Negura Bunget (their releases from 2002 until now) is a band that I listen to way more when it is foggy outside than when it isn't, and Wigrid (both albums) is something I listen to a lot more than usual when it's raining.

In summer I want listen Reggea Music but personaly I listen not Music by seasons

Sign in to follow this