Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

Sel'm Vo.トラ(tora) & Gt.Nagi will depart & new single

Sel'm Vo.トラ(tora) & Gt.Nagi will depart after their one-man live at Shibuya O-West at 2011/04/17

their new live-limited single "dusty doll" will be released since their live at Sendai HooK at 2011/03/05 (1,200yen), which samples could be listened to in their OHP

[track list]

01.dusty doll

02.Throw away misery

http://www.selm.jp/

That sucks. But cool that there's a new single coming out.

I used to listen to them when they only had a few releases out...are they any good now?

new single sounds cool.

but let's be honest, though TORA is good, I think he was too much of a focus in recordings.

it has always bothered me how his voice overshadowed everything else.

in either case, it had gotten rather stale?

also, from the beginning when Nagi joined, we knew he was going to leave someday.

though we never really got to hear how different the older songs were when he joined, he never really fit in...

I hope he regains some interest in his next band.

and I hope Nagi finds reunites an older band of his or something.

title of their live tour "The final act to the unknown world" really acts as omen...

btw Gt.Nagi decides to depart as he considers that Sel'm will be no longer the same after departure of Vo.トラ(tora)

Ah. That's no good. I love Sel'm. But ya like other people said, I hope he's part of a new band. Toras voice is too good not to be.

wtf wtf wtf wtf. >_> Might as well disband as much as this really sucks. Tora is one of my fav japanese vocalists. Better join a new band soon.

Honestly, though Tora was the reason for many to even care about Sel'm, it was never actually HIS band. I'm pretty sure that this was always MANJ"'s [drummer] band since he writes most of the songs. And since this his effort like DEATHGAZE was to Ai, there's not really a reason to end it.

Saying that, I'm really curious who he finds to fill in that role.

Also, in regards to that OHP message, my friend said that Tora pretty much wants to find back himself as a vocalist, while Nagi's leaving due to musical differences.

The worst new of 2011...

As far as Jrock is concerned for me, I would agree

Sel'm was one of my favorite jrock bands and I absolutely love Tora's vocals, he would probably be in a list of my personal top 5 favorite vocalists. I never thought Nagi fit that well in to the band initially, but after a while he seemed to blend in. I hope to god they both find new bands because I was be very sad not hearing anything from them anymore, especially Tora. I also hope Sel'm manages to recover from this.

I'm glad to see that they have one last release coming our way before they disband though, I hope it isn't half-assed.

I think with MANJ", he will find the band a good new vocalist. It is why they headhunted Tora, for the quality and sound of his voice. (granted tora was leaving his previous band when they found him so not really like they stole him.)

And as mentioned before Sel'm is MANJ"s band really, so I doubt they will disband. Least I am hoping they keep things together and just get a new vocalist. They were excellent as a 4 piece unit, so finding a new singer wouldn't be to horrible. I always liked them musically and I have to agree with a previous statement, there was often too much focus on Tora's voice. And yeah, he gave the band a unique sound, but the other members also held their own within the band and produced some great music.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I LOVE Sel'm!!!!!

They are one of the best "new"(i mean none of them was famous before)band post '05 in the scene

its sad,but,yeah...predictable

i have been thinking about this since last time saw them live....

they are too underrated.....atleast in japan

its been 6 years since they started...yet they still cant hold a one man live at a place bigger than shibuya o-west

some much worse band are doing better than them,it must feel really frustrated.

i really really hate this side of vk....it sucks!!!!! :xxx::xxx:

their live-distributed DVD will be released at their live at Shibuya O-West at 2011/04/17, which will include recording scene and tour documentary

SET-LIST at 2011/04/17:

01.disturbance

02.dusty doll

03.VOICE

04.蛇蜜

05.diagram

06.crimson fish

07.蜘蛛????雨

08.浮雲

09.囀-saezuri-

10.オリエンタルリリー

11.Erase the cast