Sign in to follow this  
LIDL

Why, let's have some laugh shall we?

I don't know how many of you have watched Little Britain.

But i did and really enjoyed it.

The show can be rude at times, but was a good fun.

It feels like seeing someone so familiar in our daily life, you know.

There's so many sketches and so many characters in and out.

But my favourite is the popular Daffyd sketch, Vicky Polard sketch,

Lou and Andy Pipkin sketch and Sebastian and Prime Minister.

Here is compilation of some Sebastian sketches. Very Campy. Very funny :lol:

yYhw_hBmmEQ

Yeah I know this show, we used to watch it sometimes during English class a few years ago :D I loved the prime minister and his gay assistent trying to hit on him and getting really jealous when other men entered XD I also loved the guy in the wheelchair

omg, just for posting in this topic,

you've got so much respect from me xD

and more because you've watched this show.

Oh yeah, that guy in wheel chair is funny too.

I like the one where they were in running track and

the wheel chair guy did the pole vault :lol:

Little Britain is easily one of the best comedy TV-series ever. British humor > american humor.

what OldCheesey said, british humor is far more subtile

movies such as the Monty Python movies easy stood the test of time and are far more better then any comedy coming out of america. especially nowadays since all the humor is only like "bitches ho's pimps" etc.

little britain is just brilliant, too bad they dont make any new episodes

That Mitchell and Webb look is also very funny.

own everything of little britain, mitchell and webb and monty python on dvd

some great british comedians:

Jimmy Carr

Allan Carr

Russel Howard

also all far better then american comedians (only ones i really like are Robin Williams and John Pinette)

I do enjoy a lot of american humor, but I tend to find british humor way more controversial and out there, as well as often being black, while the american humor often tend to be easy and "kind" humor which I don't mind, I just like british way more.

Huge fan of The Black Adder. The first season is really good, but it only gets better with the other seasons. Impossible not to love!

Edit: A hot tip for those of you who love stand-up but haven't seen too many good americans: Eddie Murphy Raw. This one is classic, legendary, cult og whatnot. Eddie Murphy was the king back in the 80's, and this is worth both your money and time.

Little Britain is terrible. Unfunny crap. Matt Lucas should've stayed with Reeves & Mortimer. He was actually funny in those days.

Aside from the obvious highlights (Monty Python, Blackadder) British comedy hit it's peak with The Day Today, Brass Eye, Jam, The Armando Iannucci Shows, I'm Alan Partridge, The Thick Of It, etc. Basically anything ever made by Chris Morris or Armando Iannucci.

There have been good things from others occasionally though. Peep Show is a good recent example. 7 series in and still hilarious. Early Red Dwarf was amazing. Spaced was the series Shaun Of The Dead came from, and was debatably better. 15 Storey's High was an underappreciated gem. Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is to this day one of the greatest parodies of 80's drama/horror I've ever seen.

It's a shame our kind of humour isn't easy to understand for some. Whereas American humour is very easy to understand. And while that's a plus, I personally think British stuff is far more intelligent. Don't get me wrong, there are some brilliant American comedies. I'm a huge Seth MacFarlane fan. And I adore Futurama, and earlier Simpsons. But I've yet to find anything as good as our best stuff.

I love British humor. I watched a lot of Monty Python, all of Fawlty Towers, and Fierce Creatures and A fish called Wanda. And then there's Little Britain. I loved the one with the wheelchair guy when they went feeding the ducks and this one guy goes away for a moment and the guy in the wheelchair gets up and attacks the kids throwing stuff at him xD

^that one is so full of win xD

yea, i think the idea of Little Britain is it's so funny for being not funny. you got me?

when watching this show i usually feels like laughing at my racist neighbours, annoying chavs or even myself.

Especially the fat fighters and Vicky Pollard sketches.

Oh gawd that's too realistic! xD

there is super not funny where i dont even laugh though.

like one of comic relief sketch with Robbie Williams.

That one quite awkward actually xD

or two of College Secretary sketches that for me are way too crude and beyond racist

It's probably better for you guys because while it was at the height of it's popularity here, it was constantly... and I mean CONSTANTLY thrust down everyone's throats. All over the place. And so many just got utterly sick of it appearing everywhere you looked, in some form or another. I admit that I did like the first series. Though I mostly put that down to the fact that I was a fan of Matt Lucas from his stuff with Reeves & Mortimer, and that I was 12 years old. Today, looking back at most of it, it's just horrible. As a Chris Morris fan, I'm open to pretty much anything being made fun of. But so much of Little Britain's stuff is incredibly tasteless and downright cruel for the sake of being cruel. Like the college secretary sketches you mentioned. Could've been funny if fleshed out (by better writers obviously). But as it stands, it's just "HA, he's black". "HA, she's asian". And now that I think of it, the rest of Little Britain can quite easily be summed up as sketch after sketch of "HA, he's fat", "HA, he's gay", "HA, he's pretending to be crippled".

But as I say, you'd probably enjoy it if you're not particularly exposed to much else from here, or casually came across it rather than had it in your face day after day. And I have nothing against people finding it funny. Whatever makes you laugh. I only hate the fact that such badly written comedy can become so popular while borderline-genius writing hardly stays afloat past 1 series. But I guess it's the same with every type of media. Amongst the Justin Bieber's and the Twilight's.

I used to watch it like, ages ago. I don't even remember the name of the characters, but I loved the 'only gay in town' sketch. It was so damn funny XD

lol indeed

the sketches where he was coming out to their parents and

how his parents taking him normally, was so funny.

Especially the lines where his mother telling that his aunt is out on Sunday for eating minge lololol

sai> indeed xD idk how can someone talk that fast. damn! xD

I'M a lady (with mustache) xD

Sign in to follow this